Conspiracy?

Shmee

Every year the New York Rangers put out a monthly calendar. Being a big fan, I of course have the 2004 Rangers team calendar hanging on my bedroom wall. At the bottom of every page is a trivia question that is answered on the next page. I was lying in bed before and started to flip through the pages and came across this question on the November (2004) page:

Which former Rangers star was born in Corpus Christi, Texas?

The answer, as many of you might already know, is Brian Leetch. Why though, is he referred to as a FORMER player? The calendar was made before Christmas 2003, because that's when my parents gave it to me. It is also interesting to note that Leetch, despite being one of the most popular players to ever wear a Rangers sweater does not appear in any photos on the calendar. We know that if my beloved Rangers had actually made the playoffs this year then Leetch wouldn't have been traded away to the Leafs. Anyone else think there might be some funny business going on?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Every year the New York Rangers put out a monthly calendar. Being a big fan, I of course have the 2004 Rangers team calendar hanging on my bedroom wall. At the bottom of every page is a trivia question that is answered on the next page. I was lying in bed before and started to flip through the pages and came across this question on the November (2004) page:

Which former Rangers star was born in Corpus Christi, Texas?

The answer, as many of you might already know, is Brian Leetch. Why though, is he referred to as a FORMER player? The calander was made before Christmas 2003, because that's when my parents gave it to me. It is also interesting to note that Leetch, despite being one of the most popular players to ever wear a Rangers sweater does not appear in any photos on the calendar. We know that if my beloved Rangers had actually made the playoffs this year then Leetch wouldn't have been traded away to the Leafs. Anyone else think there might be some funny business going on?

He may have been a Rangers' player, but how much of a star was he really?

I don't believe it personally, but it's amusing to consider.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

It is interesting, could just be a typo, who knows...beh, it's only the Rangers

You saying "it's only the Rangers" to me is the same as if I were to say "eh...what do the Habs matter much, anyway?" to you. I live this team. It's not an easy life, but I don't think the team can be ignored entirely.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I try to ignore them completely :D.

Madison Square Gardens is an awful arena for watching the games on TV. Although it seems that alot of the eastern arenas are with exceptions, of course.

It just seems to me like an old old video games where you got the rink all lit up nice and pretty... but it's completely dark and black where the crowd is.

IUe6Hvh.png

It is interesting, could just be a typo, who knows

Yeah... I mean, I know Iformer have a big problem with typing former when I don't mean to. The keys are practically right next to the space bar. ^_^

...I think Nitro is right! I mean, Nitro IS our former best designer on this board.

oops.. i just did it, too!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Yeah... I mean, I know Iformer have a big problem with typing former when I don't mean to. The keys are practically right next to the space bar. ^_^

You mean, your former space bar.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Glen Sather and Jim Dolan are evil pur evil they have ruined that franchise and have chased me away as a fan.

If Mark Messuer is the Messiah of the Rangers then its clear that Sather is the Anti-Christ.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

...I think Nitro is right! I mean, Nitro IS our former best designer on this board.

oops.. i just did it, too!

I think you forgot to put "female robot" in that sentence

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived