The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thanks to Conrad it sucks again. One of those things you can't un-see once it's pointed out.

Muahahaha....take that Logo World! I see your flaws! And I scoff at them!

OT: I too hope that the revised Clips wordmark makes it to the unis somehow.

Here's how I envisioned it looking (with new logos & adjusted colors too):

Home:

lac1.png

Road:

red-blue switcheroo

lac2.png

Alternate:

red-blue switcheroo

lac3.png

ujsignature.png

Obviously I was referring to the "LOS ANGELES" part of the logo.

Oh ok. You were mentioning something about a lack of 90 degree angles, while the new G has at least six right angles incorporated, so I was really confused... or maybe you are the one thats confused :huh:

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

90477640.jpg

Look, all I'm trying to say is that part there I highlighted in red is a nice feature that's not present in Univers. I really gotta brush up on my typography terminology so this crap doesn't have to be a thousand times harder than it needs to be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

90477640.jpg

Look, all I'm trying to say is that part there I highlighted in red is a nice feature that's not present in Univers. I really gotta brush up on my typography terminology so this crap doesn't have to be a thousand times harder than it needs to be.

Yeah, I think you do. No worries.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

90477640.jpg

Yeah, I think you do. No worries.

Yeah, Admiral...Eric Piatkowski is spitting in his grave.

90477640.jpg

The horizontal stroke that extends into the counter/aperture of the letterform would probably be classified as an 'arm,' while the vertical part that connects it to the curved part would be a 'stem' and the little point coming off the bottom is a 'spur.'

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Ah. It's all starting to come back to me now. I learned all these terms like five years ago and I've mostly let it slip away.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So is this the Bobcats primary logo now?

xwsmnh5qqfr5fo3vcb4blqnb1.gif

I don't see the original logo anywhere on their site and Wikipedia (I know, anyone can edit it) has it for the primary.

That bobcat looks like it's losing a battle to a giant spider, what with that web on its face and all.

I don't see the original logo anywhere on their site and Wikipedia (I know, anyone can edit it) has it for the primary.

That bobcat looks like it's losing a battle to a giant spider, what with that web on its face and all.

The Bobcat's spidey-sense is tingling:

spidey-sense.jpg

spidey-sense.jpg

venom5.jpg

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

spidey-sense.jpg

venom5.jpg

I really lol'ed at this. I never could take Topher Grace seriously as a villain. I kept waiting to hear Red Forman come out of nowhere to tell him "I'm gonna shove my foot up your :censored:, boy!", and it really ruined the Venom experience for me when it didn't happen :P

on topic, that Bobcats logo really does resemble the spidey-sense image. Darn it, now that's all I'm gonna think of everytime I see it!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Clippers just released pics of summer league practice, they're wearing blue jerseys, maybe a hint as to what they're newer jerseys will look like? It seems as if they are moving towards more of a blue based theme, with the new wordmark and the blue practice jerseys. Or maybe im completely off base haha, just thought i'd share

http://www.nba.com/clippers/photogallery/summer_league_100709_5.html

Archived