The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the site took it down, luckily i saved it before they did this so here it is.

court_1011_1200.jpg

The free throw line looks so FUGLY.

A solid gold line "looks so FUGLY?" Did a solid gold line murder your dad?

I could be wrong but I think he means the entire key, guys. Besides, so what if he thinks it's ugly? It's his flipping opinion. It's nothing to explode about, good heck....

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I could be wrong but I think he means the entire key, guys. Besides, so what if he thinks it's ugly? It's his flipping opinion. It's nothing to explode about, good heck....

And that's fine, just wanted him to expand upon it. That's all.

And that's fine, just wanted him to expand upon it. That's all.

Sorry, that wasn't totally directed towards you.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

the site took it down, luckily i saved it before they did this so here it is.

court_1011_1200.jpg

We will see. I like the center court logo. Its a nice update. it will balance the floor and will match the wordmark on the front of the uniform.

The key will be interesting. No one is going to really know what it looks like until there is an actual picture inside Quicken Loans Arena. Like I said, can't really judge it until it is seen live, or on TV. For all we know, it might really look nice. Remember, when the Cavs did their huge color, logo, uniform overhaul, they colored the entire key 1 color, except for the top of the circle:

gund3.jpg

theq1.jpg

It also is going to be a nice throw back to the old, old, old courts the Cavs had:

coliseum1.jpg

coliseum2.jpg

gund2.jpg

For me, it seems like people are complaining about the new style courts with the 2-tone wood, the different color key patterns, logos, etc. etc. The new Cavs court seems to be a nice bridge between both the old and the new. The 2-tone court is subtle and works well with the Cavs new colors. However, I would have switched the color of CAVALIERS to gold, outlined in the red... same with the swords.

Like I said, I think we just need to wait to see how it looks live and on TV. Like I have said, it looks weird... no other way to describe it... just weird.

Here is a link to the other courts: http://www.cavshistory.com/courts/

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Is there a league rule on how big a center court logo can be?

I highly doubt it, just look at clevelands.

Although i mean im sure it cant go out of bounds and im pretty sure they wouldnt allow it into the 2-point area, if thats what you are asking.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Although i mean im sure it cant go out of bounds and im pretty sure they wouldnt allow it into the 2-point area, if thats what you are asking.

I know that?s what made me bring it up, their center court logo looks a bit too big! For them though, it seems to work.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

I know that?s what made me bring it up, their center court logo looks a bit too big! For them though, it seems to work.

The center court logo on the new floor stretches as far across as the wordmark did on the floor that is being replaced. I just think this new one is a lot more dramatic because of the swords in the background. Personally, I'm not a fan of the crossing swords because they're a little too reminiscent of Virginia.

Haha did the old black and blue court seriously have the baseline scripts upside-down? Oh Cavaliers.

That center court logo is huuuuuuge and has a lot of empty space contained between its "four corners." I don't think it's a very good logo. With the Buffalo Sabres, everything's contained in a nice circle. This, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know that’s what made me bring it up, their center court logo looks a bit too big! For them though, it seems to work.

Yeah, i doubt they would make anf release a design that wasnt allowed.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

gund1.jpg

I always liked this court, other than those weird multicolor swirls in the middle. The two shades of light blue looked really nice with the hardwood.

LOVE how Cleveland is spelled wrong too.

Whoever said about the College look for court, I can agree with that. I think what it is, is the large gold outline of CAVALIERS... and the excessive sword outline.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived