a PHX logo you need to see

cyandlux

Not much to explain here. Well, that first one. I decided to go in a completely opposite direction for the Warriors and rid themselves of an outdated nickname. Its sort of an homage to the old Seals of the NHL.

rpro1.jpg

I'm kinda confused, but the Suns and White Sox logos are great (Coming from a cubs fan)

EDIT: I like the title of the thread, too. It made me click

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I'm emtying out my chest of concepts for some reason and I didn't want to create too many threads to do so. I think that's only fair to others with new concepts since I have a lot more to post still.

The Suns logo is good, I like the semisubliminal phoenix. I'm not a fan of the font and presentation of the "SUNS" though...just looks out of place.

The Sox logo is a little cartoony for me. I think it could work with a different presentation of a sock.

Not a big fan of the Seals at all. I don't think the wordmark fits, and it just doesn't blend together at all. Sun rays + seal + SEALS + basketball is what I see, not a logo. I think the seal is well-rendered, but overall as a logo I just don't think it meshes well at all.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Sox could work if you got the Sox to be sponsored by Good Year tires :P

:lol:

But the White Sox wordmark looks too much like the Red Sox wordmark.

Actually, unless I miss my guess, the White Sox font used in the logo is the exact same Tuscan-style font that they used on their late-70's "softball" jerseys - it has a somewhat irregular feel to it. The Tuscan font used by the Red Sox is more, well, consistent looking.

I'd rather GSW changed their location name instead of their nickname. And it looks like the Seal is flying. Warriors is a good name with lots of tradition. They just need a better logo, and to change their name to Oakland, or Bay Area, or anything else.

I like the White Sox one, but he's right that it looks too much like the Red Sox now.

Edit: Upon further review, I changed my mind. It doesn't look that similar.

The Suns one is a good idea (change PHX to Suns, get rid of the banner bar behind the name) -- I think if you expanded the width of the SUNS letters they would look better; there is too much room between each letter.

the White Sox and Phoenix concepts are really good. I can definitely appreciate the Suns one, even though it was a tweak. That should be their primary logo. It would be one of the best logos in sports. How often does a team have a city name that can be represented as an object ( a phoenix) and a nickname (suns)...and a rendering is made that is one single object that represents both a phoenix and a sun? (that was a rant that belongs in the sports logo section)

I like the White Sox one as well.

The Golden State one bothers me. The seal is an awkward nickname to begin with. Plus, "Warriors" isnt an outdated nickname...Warriors can be rendered in many awesome and different ways if you ask me.

Either way, good work on all three

Archived