2011 Winter Classic Uniforms

CapnSam

Okay, so they will officially announce today that the Winter Classic will feature the Pens vs the Caps at Heinz Field.

Now, what uniform will they wear? I was told they already showed them on the news here in Pittsburgh, but I can't find them anywhere.

Here are what I'm guessing will be, and should be, the uniforms used.

Penguins09.png

The Pens will wear white because that's what they did back then. I also think it will be this set because all the ones before these are all too similar to their alternate used last year. I would love the original '91 black & gold, but Lemieux says he doesn't want to go back to them because every fan would want them to become full-time.

Capitals12.png

The Caps basically had the same uniform from their inception till their blue & bronze days, so these are guaranteed to be their set.

Alright, tell me what you think, or show me a link to the unis already picked out. Thanks!

I'm thinking it'll be the dark blue jerseys for the Penguins, unless they go back to the black/yellow look they wore for the 92 and 93 Cup seasons.

For the Caps, it has to be that white jersey with the blue pants.

The only horror show would be if they went to the inaugural season look, which was white jersey with RED pants.

Trust me, you don't want this:

1974_dupre_white.jpg

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Okay, so they will officially announce today that the Winter Classic will feature the Pens vs the Caps at Heinz Field.

Now, what uniform will they wear? I was told they already showed them on the news here in Pittsburgh, but I can't find them anywhere.

Here are what I'm guessing will be, and should be, the uniforms used.

Penguins09.png

The Pens will wear white because that's what they did back then. I also think it will be this set because all the ones before these are all too similar to their alternate used last year. I would love the original '91 black & gold, but Lemieux says he doesn't want to go back to them because every fan would want them to become full-time.

Capitals12.png

The Caps basically had the same uniform from their inception till their blue & bronze days, so these are guaranteed to be their set.

Alright, tell me what you think, or show me a link to the unis already picked out. Thanks!

Haven't seen any announcements, but if there's enough color contrast, I think both teams should wear colors.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I was told by someone who saw the news about this that the Pens were wearing white, they were the baby blue and navy set, the logo was what they have now, just yellow, and that on the bottom there was a combination of three stripes.

The Caps look the best in red-on-top, blue-on-bottom imo.

67home.jpg

This is what I first thought of when they were talking about the Pens earlier this year in another Winter Classic. An ol' red vs blue matchup would be the best :D

Oh, and for you that don't know, it will be our 10th year anniversary for our first cup win wearing those perfect black & yellow unis and we still aren't gonna see them come back. I don't think they'll ever come back as long as Lemieux's owner.

I hope this isn't true, because this matchup doesn't peak my interest. Crosby has already been in the Classic, and I get that the league is trying to make this into Magic vs. Bird but c'mon. No New York (-Buffalo) or Canadian teams have been in the game yet, and I gotta think the league would wanna show off new Yankee Stadium soon. I'd rather continue seeing new blood in the game before we get reruns.

I was told by someone who saw the news about this that the Pens were wearing white, they were the baby blue and navy set, the logo was what they have now, just yellow, and that on the bottom there was a combination of three stripes.

The Caps look the best in red-on-top, blue-on-bottom imo.

67home.jpg

This is what I first thought of when they were talking about the Pens earlier this year in another Winter Classic. An ol' red vs blue matchup would be the best biggrin.gif

Oh, and for you that don't know, it will be our 10th year anniversary for our first cup win wearing those perfect black & yellow unis and we still aren't gonna see them come back. I don't think they'll ever come back as long as Lemieux's owner.

I am a fan of pretty much every Penguins jersey that has the diagonal lettering on it. This would be a great jersey for the WC.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like these uniforms much better than the uniforms they have now.

Yes, but would you like them once they have been "Edge-ified"?

I think I would like the current uniform if it had stripes at the bottom or if they used the shoulder logo as the crest.

I would also like the current uniforms better if they had the stars on the pants.

I stand corrected. It's not the red pants that need to be kept out of the public eye --

it's the WHITE ONES!

Those just don't work at all. Especially if they were playing the Flyers of the mid-70s.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

I like the idea of white breezers with white sweaters and socks. Not sure how well it'd work in practice, but monochrome white works in any other sport.

Guys, those old Capitals sweaters were god-awful. Cheap flimsy crap. the "capilals" script was terrible then and terrible now. Seeing as how they screwed up by relegating the Weagle to a mere shoulder logo when it's the most ingenious logo a Washington sports team has ever had and then came up with typically ugly patchy Edge uniforms, the Capitals have never had a good uniform ever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So let me get this straight, Super Mario who's saved the franchise twice, is basically telling the fans to shove it because they'd want the Stanley Cup jerseys over the current crap they wear? WOW! I guess it's all about what Mario wants and no one else. So I presume he's done everything for the franchise to stroke his own ego and not give a _______ about the fans.

Why is Mario Lemieux so enamored of beige? Whose favorite color is beige? You'd think he'd want the Penguins to look like the Penguins that won two Cups.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why is Mario Lemieux so enamored of beige? Whose favorite color is beige? You'd think he'd want the Penguins to look like the Penguins that won two Cups.

Well the Bruins never liked it when the Pens switched to black and yellow because that was their color. I think in a way he might want to keep those colors as homage to our first Stanley Cup victories. The more we push towards baby blue the farther we get from classic black and gold.

IMO, Boston should go back to brown and yellow, and the Pens, black and yellow.

Archived