NFL Third Jerseys

CAB

FALCONS UPDATE

And here's the updated helmet. I pretty much traced the basic shape of the Eagles' wing and made it more angular to resemble the one in the video. I also made the sleeve stripes much smaller and simpler to take up less space. With all the new tight-fitting jerseys now, it probably wouldn't have worked anyway. So what do you guys think? Better?

4683705968_2e3fee6dea_b.jpg

I'm thinking black monochrome for the Ravens. Any suggestions?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

much much much better helmet. overall it is amazingly great...but the sleeves i still feel are a little off. everything looks modern except for the sleeve design. still this is great and cant wait to see what you do with the ravens

maehl.png

#3- BALTIMORE RAVENS

I've always thought the Ravens should wear black as a primary color, being that Ravens are...well, black. I don't usually like the "black for black's sake" uniforms, but here I think it works well. I wanted to use gold some on the uniform as well. Not really much to explain for the design I used, I just wanted it to be something modern that could work with their color scheme. The helmet has the same stripes as their regular one, but it's purple and features the B logo. Note that I used purple socks to avoid the "leotard" look that so many people seem to hate. Does it work with the monochrome? Or would black be better? I didn't want the uniform to be entirely black, so that's why you'll see the purple socks and helmet.

4688712566_a7c21e47e4_b.jpg

Criticism is much appreciated! Bills are up next.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

head and sholders above anything the ravens have now. reebok tends to have a problem with matching nfl uniforms. although the ravens relativly match now, their helmet stripes dont match with the rest of the uniform. i like that you kinda matched them up and with a good logo too. though im still not a fan of the ravens helmet. black and purple dont show up or stand out from each other that much. a plain helmet would work pretty well or something that stands out on the helmet. the rest is pretty good

maehl.png

I'm just not feeling the purple helmet for the Ravens. I don't think it looks good with the black jersey and pants. This might be an instance where a black helmet would look great for a monochrome look. I love the jersey and pants design. You made a simple yet effective design that I think fits the Ravens well. Once again, great job.

I'll change the helmet to black tomorrow sometime, and probably start working on the Bills.

BUCS NEXT!

I'm doing them in alphabetical order by city name. Sorry it might be a while! B)

Arizona - I love the sublimated Arizona flag on the back of the jersey. A red helmet is necessary for the Cardinals too!

Baltimore - I like all-black for them. The gold & purple accents are perfect.

Generally - I would LOVE it if the NFL permitted alternate helmets. That is an element of the football uniform which has so much potential to add to a team's identity.

ujsignature.png

reebok tends to have a problem with matching nfl uniforms.

Reebok has trouble with NHL uniforms too. Anyway, that's a different thread...

The Ravens are my favorite so far, but I really like Arizona too.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

the black looks much better but im still not liking the purple stripes on it, never have though, so its not a knock on the concept itself. cant wait to see what you do with the bills. the bills uniforms dont match at all so i am actually really looking forward to seeing them

billsterrible.gif

just terrible

maehl.png

#4- BUFFALO BILLS

You may remember in the first post I said some of these could be based off throwbacks. Well, this is one of those. At first I considered making a completely original jersey using navy and nickel, but I just hate those colors too much to make it work for the Bills. This concept is based off the Bills' uniforms from 1961-64 [click]. Although there are some changes here and there I made to make it look more modern. I like the idea of the all-red buffalo, so I kept that on the helmet by using the current logo. Again, I didn't want to make these complete replicas, so that's why you'll see some stuff different. I tried to give it a throwback vibe while still using some elements from their current identity.

4694387619_d65e79c0c4_b.jpg

Comment or else. :D

Panthers coming up next!

well that sure beats the hell out of anything the bills have now(except their throwbacks). everything is great though im still a little confused on whats going on with the shoulders. i still think you could match everything up a little better but i dont really see too much wrong. great work

maehl.png

For the Ravens add white between the purple and gold stripes I think it will make it really pop. Also I am not a fan of the black on black. I feel the pants should always be a contrasting color, white, purple even gold would be better. Also the B on the helmet is rather simple for the rest of this concept.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived