Colorado Baseball League

skier14

Well, I have had a personal baseball league for a while, but I am now just starting to redo the teams and logos. These teams are from cities (well you couldn't even call most of these cities, so towns) in both Eagle and Summit County, Colorado.

This is the first team that I have redone, but I do not know how many I will be able to get out soon, because I will be away and busy. I am really looking for feedback, as I am quite new to using illustrator, and I'm sure my logos will need a lot of help.

C&C is welcome.

Primary.pngHatLogo.png

Home.pngRoad.png

Alt.pngBP.png

RockiesSig.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, but the brown and black may be a little too similar to each other.

I like both logos you have, but on your alt and BP uniforms, maybe you should consider using your 'skull + wheel' logo on the hat, just so the same logo doesn't show up twice on the player.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I'll echo aci, does look good but maybe a lighter brown would work better?

I also think the white border should go right round the skull in the wheel logo, and though it might not be anatomically correct maybe enlarge the eye sockets.

Hope you keep these coming.

I'll echo aci, does look good but maybe a lighter brown would work better?

I also think the white border should go right round the skull in the wheel logo, and though it might not be anatomically correct maybe enlarge the eye sockets.

Hope you keep these coming.

I certainly agree with the brown and black being too similar, and I'm working out a solution.

I am about to leave for the airport, but first I would like to post an update with the larger eye sockets and a possible BP hat logo.

It's a small change, but I do think it looks better. Thanks.

PrimaryLE.pngHatLE.png

BPHATLE.png

Update:

Here's two updated scripts, hopefully this helps with the Brown/Black issue.

Screenshot2010-07-07at83026AM.png

Screenshot2010-07-07at83017AM.png

RockiesSig.png

This is a pretty good start. I'd change the current brown to more of a tan and either keep the black or turn it into a dark brown. I'm also not too sure about that font for a team called the Pioneers. You should probably try something more "western" looking.

And... please don't take this the wrong way... your cowskull looks like it has a vagina.

This is a pretty good start. I'd change the current brown to more of a tan and either keep the black or turn it into a dark brown. I'm also not too sure about that font for a team called the Pioneers. You should probably try something more "western" looking.

And... please don't take this the wrong way... your cowskull looks like it has a vagina.

Thank you very much for your feedback; I really appreciate it! I have been working on an update with a lighter brown and I will post it below, and I think it looks a lot better.

The one issue with the "western" font is that because many of the teams in this league would generally use a font like that, so I have tried to avoid using the western font. The next team which I will start working on (Leadville Miners), originally had a western font, but I strayed away from it changed the font a bit. I used this font because it kind of was in the same "theme" as the cow skull, and with many teams named miners, pioneers, etc. I have to try to stay away from relying on western fonts, and have to have different looks on the teams.

About your last point, no offense is taken at all. Someone actually did point that out to me earlier, and I knew it was just a matter of time before someone on here commented on it. I am not exactly sure how to fix that problem, if somebody has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. I have been tinkering with it a bit, but haven't gotten away from that look.

Here's the uniform update:

Screenshot2010-07-07at55128PM.pngScreenshot2010-07-07at55136PM.png

Screenshot2010-07-07at55142PM.pngScreenshot2010-07-07at55148PM.png

RockiesSig.png

wow great minds think alike i guess im in the process of making a colorado league too but mine is throughout the state and includes much bigger cities.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

wow great minds think alike i guess im in the process of making a colorado league too but mine is throughout the state and includes much bigger cities.

I would be very interested to see it. I am thinking about once I finish this, expanding to a wider area (although the league would grow a lot). Will you post it on here? Because I would really like to see it.

RockiesSig.png

I'd use a dark brown with tan accents or the other way around, and use very minimally black. I think two shades of brown will give you a dynamic and original look.

Thank you very much for your feedback; I really appreciate it! I have been working on an update with a lighter brown and I will post it below, and I think it looks a lot better.

The one issue with the "western" font is that because many of the teams in this league would generally use a font like that, so I have tried to avoid using the western font. The next team which I will start working on (Leadville Miners), originally had a western font, but I strayed away from it changed the font a bit. I used this font because it kind of was in the same "theme" as the cow skull, and with many teams named miners, pioneers, etc. I have to try to stay away from relying on western fonts, and have to have different looks on the teams.

I understand that... obviously every city in a Colorado league is gonna have some "western" heritage they could legitimately draw from. But there's not a whole lot of names that could sound more western than Pioneers... even Miners could just as easily refer to a team in, say, West Virginia or Southwest Wisconsin.

Maybe post the names of the teams you plan to do, then decide from there which one or two identities necessitate a western theme the most?

I like the lighter brown version, I think that does work better, nice work.

Just on the enlarged eye sockets, in my head I was imagining them enlarged vertically too.

One more suggestion, try flipping the use of the brown and black on the road uniform (ie brown piping, black NOB etc). I'm not sure if it would work better, just a feeling it might.

Overall, I am liking this.

I'd use a dark brown with tan accents or the other way around, and use very minimally black. I think two shades of brown will give you a dynamic and original look.

I tried using two browns, and I really liked the result, I agree that it came out dynamic and original. I will post this update below. Thanks.

I like the lighter brown version, I think that does work better, nice work.

Just on the enlarged eye sockets, in my head I was imagining them enlarged vertically too.

One more suggestion, try flipping the use of the brown and black on the road uniform (ie brown piping, black NOB etc). I'm not sure if it would work better, just a feeling it might.

Overall, I am liking this.

I did this version with the two browns; however I did start flipping the darker (which replaced black) and lighter brown on the Roads. I flipped everything other than the piping, and I think it was an improvement.

aahome.pngaaroad.png

aahomealt.pngaabp.png

RockiesSig.png

Well, this wolf head is my first go at an animal logo on illustrator, and I know it will need work. I would really like feedback on this more than anything else I've done so far. I'm still just getting the hang of Illustrator, but I am improving.

I do understand that this isn't actually a municipality and it is located within Edwards, CO, but a friend who lives there wanted me to do it, so here is the "first draft". This is the Homestead Howlers.

Logos.png

HomeRoadUni.png

AlternateUnis.png

BP-1.png

RockiesSig.png

I think you nailed the uniforms, but I think the primary and secondary could use some work. For the primary I think it needs something to fill up the empty space in the circle. I think the secondary is to curvy it needs some straight lines in there. Otherwise excellent work.

I think you nailed the uniforms, but I think the primary and secondary could use some work. For the primary I think it needs something to fill up the empty space in the circle. I think the secondary is to curvy it needs some straight lines in there. Otherwise excellent work.

I think I'm going to do what Panchito suggested to fill up some space in the primary. For the secondary however, what do you suggest I do to make it less curvy; I'm new to animal logos (this is my first) and illustrator and I'm not exactly sure I should do to solve that problem.

Thank you for your criticism.

it might be a good idea to insert a moon into the primary so that the wolf's howling at the moon; it'd add some more color into it

I had been trying that out, but never did it in the final design. I will definitely do this in the update.

Thanks!

RockiesSig.png

Archived