A-rod Quarter...jeter Too...

STL FANATIC

I just saw a commercial on ESPNEWS about this new A-Rod Quarter. A-Rod's face replaces Washington, and the NY Quarter design is on the back. It is freaking legal US Tender. It is 9.95, and apparently there is a way to get a Jeter one too. It's licensed by the MLBPA. I'm seriously gonna puke...this is gonna probably open a whole new thing...what a disgrace to Washington.

I dont like this at all I dont think you defile US currancy with any athlete, and Im not a Yankee hater . I would not like it even if it was Dan Marino.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

What a waste of mint. If you're gonna put somebody on a quarter, put Curt Schilling! :D

if your going to place an athelete on legal tender, at least make it someone who made a significant national impact. This kind of thing is what STAMPS are for. and why should anyone pay 10 dollars for a quarter?

What a waste of mint. If you're gonna put somebody on a quarter, put Curt Schilling! :D

if your going to place an athelete on legal tender, at least make it someone who made a significant national impact. This kind of thing is what STAMPS are for. and why should anyone pay 10 dollars for a quarter?

because it has pretty colors :rolleyes:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

what! why didn't someone tell me that quarters are in colour now! :cry::shocked:

what! why didn't someone tell me that quarters are in colour now! :cry::shocked:

Just the 'special edition collector ones'

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

since we are on the subject of currency. this in regards to the 50 states quarter series that the mint has been circulating for a few years now.

the final design for the california quarter has been approved, and Im disappointed in it. its gonna depict the Yosemite Valley I believe.

you know what it should be? Here are some hints: its big, orange, and something Ive photographed for you people numerous times

It must have been hard to pick something for California once you think about it though.. its so big and there are many different things goin on, and the north is much different than the south, they should have just put an outline of the state on the back and have it read : CALIFORNIA!

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Its legal tender they took a NY State Quarter and painted of old George Washington

As for the Cali Quarter They should have done the Golden gate Bridge and the Hollywood sign some how slip them both in

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

These/Those coins are not legal currency in the United States of America, nor are they produced or release by the United States Department of the Treasury. The coins however are legal tender and produced by the US Mint. Okay, now bear with me as I explain.

These coins, along with most of collector coins, are produced by a company cleverly named "US Mint" and/or "United States Mint"

As for the coins being legal tender, they are legal tender just not in the United States of America. Most often the coins are onsidered legal tender by a micronesian country, Monrovia, Liberia and several other smaller lesser known countries (most often it is one of the first three).

OR

The coins were bought from the U.S. Treasury, then modified and colored after market, which I believe would nullify there value.

Side notes and tidbits:

the 50 state quarter program required a congressional law to be done, Public Law 105-124

the obverse (the A-Rod side) lacks the words "United States of America" "Quarter Dollar" "Liberty" and "In God We Trust"

the NY state quarter was minted from January 2nd till March 11th 2001, thus there will be no more being produced, the that were 1,275,040,000 minted are it.

Public Law 105-125 also states that "No portrait of a living person shall be included in any design"

Just my two (one lincoln memorial and one wheat, both legal tender) cents

dmr

Archived