2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boise State,

Gordon Gee had a point, didn't he? You are "a cute little story". Enjoy your Kraft Fights Hunger Bowl, and let the real teams worry about playing for the national championship. Some 4-loss Big East team is going to a BCS game, and your sorry asses are going to a bowl game no one cares about, all because you couldn't take care of business. Merry Christmas!

Signed,

College football reality

You know what makes the NCAA Basketball Tournament so great anyone can win it. This year Butler came with in an eyelash of beating Duke, wasn't that a wonderful thing? Why should the same conferences hold a monopoly on the BCS? Look at the Big Least, UConn may go to a BCS Bowl. I don't know about you but when I see UConn football I have a reflex action to change the channel.

And for the record I am now pulling for TCU.

Please, never compare Boise State to Butler ever again.

The major difference between the two teams is that Butler actually played and beat big time programs, such as Syracuse, Kansas State, and Michigan State on their way to play for the national championship. On the other hand, Boise State's three top opponents this season were Virginia Tech (lost to Div. 2 James Madison), Oregon State (.500 record), and Nevada (oh, wait, THEY LOST!).

In other words, Butler earned the right to play for the title. Boise State, not so much. Not even close!

6uXNWAo.png

Even if Boise State would have won, in the end they probably wouldn't have been able to play for the championship anyway because of college football's bull :censored: way of determining a champion. I know how y'all feel about Lights Out, but even though I don't care too much, I still wanted Boise State to go undefeated (some random dude on the internet isn't going to change how I feel about that.)

Hopefully TCU gets a chance to play for the championship. If this is the case, it would be the first game of college football I'll watch this year.

Just curious. Does anyone think Tank would be quite as upset if Lights Out wasn't his political twin? I'm just wondering if Tank would be so upset if Lights Out were a Democrat.

My parents and grandparents live in Idaho, and I go to Idaho for Christmas. I would be for Boise State even if not for Lights Out.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Boise State,

Gordon Gee had a point, didn't he? You are "a cute little story". Enjoy your Kraft Fights Hunger Bowl, and let the real teams worry about playing for the national championship. Some 4-loss Big East team is going to a BCS game, and your sorry asses are going to a bowl game no one cares about, all because you couldn't take care of business. Merry Christmas!

Signed,

College football reality

You know what makes the NCAA Basketball Tournament so great anyone can win it. This year Butler came with in an eyelash of beating Duke, wasn't that a wonderful thing? Why should the same conferences hold a monopoly on the BCS? Look at the Big Least, UConn may go to a BCS Bowl. I don't know about you but when I see UConn football I have a reflex action to change the channel.

And for the record I am now pulling for TCU.

Please, never compare Boise State to Butler ever again.

The major difference between the two teams is that Butler actually played and beat big time programs, such as Syracuse, Kansas State, and Michigan State on their way to play for the national championship. On the other hand, Boise State's three top opponents were Virginia Tech (lost to Div. 2 James Madison), Oregon State (.500 record), and Nevada (oh, wait, THEY LOST!).

In other words, Butler earned the right to play for the title. Boise State, not so much. Not even close!

The only frustrating part is that when they scheduled and eventually beat Va Tech, who would've honestly thought that they would lose to James Madison one week after their big game.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I know how y'all feel about Lights Out, but even though I don't care too much, I still wanted Boise State to go undefeated (some random dude on the internet isn't going to change how I feel about that.)

The funny thing is so did I. I was hoping Oregon lost. I wanted Boise State to get their shot. Then I wanted to see Boise State play Auburn. That would have settled the debate one way or the other.

That said, Lights Out brought this on himself.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Just curious. Does anyone think Tank would be quite as upset if Lights Out wasn't his political twin? I'm just wondering if Tank would be so upset if Lights Out were a Democrat.

My parents and grandparents live in Idaho, and I go to Idaho for Christmas. I would be for Boise State even if not for Lights Out.

So, do you like the Idaho Vandals also?

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

So, are you an Idaho Vandal fan also?

Tank could never root for a team from Moscow.

6fQjS3M.png

Whatever you say Francis.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

So, are you an Idaho Vandal fan also?

Tank could never root for a team from Moscow.

Yes he could: Sarah Palin class of '87 from U of Idaho

Edit: Didn't realize Tank already posted

BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

The only frustrating part is that when they scheduled and eventually beat Va Tech, who would've honestly thought that they would lose to James Madison one week after their big game.

On the way to that game we were just hoping we'd see them keep it under 30

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived