Does the Team You Root for affect your health?

cameroncrazie07

The more you participate on these forums, the more you'll find that I am a very understanding and thoughtful man, and I always give ideas that are presented by others the full attention and respect that they deserve.

haha yeah man im still sorta new here... gotta get my rep up like you

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listen guys I am not trying to say that sports affects my health, I am one of the most hardcore fans that you will ever see. But in my 19 years on this earth I have had instances where I think that it changes the way I act towards loved ones. For example when my team is losing I am completley different around others then when they are winning. I think that everyone is like this, its just how we act as fans.I guess what im trying to say is that just because I wanted to see if there was any realationship between these two things, it doesnt mean that I have a problem with sports being too much of my life.

Grow up!!! I'm serious. Sports doesn't matter. Seriously. Grow up! If your team changes the way you are, you are still an immature person. Yes, I'm happy when my teams win and down when they lose, but it doesn't change the way I treat people and act around people. If you have to ask this question, then you are immature and need to walk away from sports and go and do something with your life away from sports. You will be shocked at how insignificant sports really are, when you actually find things worthwhile to do. Turn off the tv and sports talk radio, throw all your sports gear away, and actually go get a life.

its funny how you are telling me to grow up when all I am trying to do is find an answer to something that I am curious about, while you come on and start picking on a 19 year old kid.... doesnt it phase you that nearly everyone else in this thread has thought this was a bad idea and yet none of them insulted me except for you? I think that you are the one that needs to grow up and learn some manners.

Dont use your age as a factor in that you are a student and fail to recognize post #3. No control group means no study. You can try to tell us here at boards.sportslogos.net but you can just have a focus group (at best) from your concept. You should know about validity/reliability/accuracy in the Scientific Method before you try to tell some of us that you "know" items.

Can we stick to the point here, instead of reputations and your personal beef with me? We've already established in other threads, that you don't have to be a parent to comment on certain issues. I feel like this is one of those times. It's rather obvious and universally known (if not adhered to), that people should watch their mouths around children (theirs or anyone else's). Was my point not correct? If so, what do you disagree with about my point?

The idea that it's OK for people without kids to comment on parenting was never "established in another thread." You, Dash Dan, and a few others decided it was OK and off you went. Using your own logic, there are people who have "established in other threads" that it's perfectly OK to mourn the loss of people they don't know. You and I think those threads are stupid. Others think they're fine. So what's the verdict on "thoughts and prayers" threads? Just because you and I happen to agree on those threads does not mean "it's been established that it's OK to ridicule the people who 'mourn' in those threads." The only legitimate argument we have is we think those threads are silly. Your acting as if a subjective opinion shared by you and a few others is indisputable fact.

Let's not pretend that just because a pompous blow hard like you or myself declare it to be OK that it's OK. While your point may have a touch of validity, it does not give you the right to be a self-righteous ass-hole and tell Don he doesn't respect his kids. There are better ways to make your point. That's my point.

BB52Big.jpg

Can we stick to the point here, instead of reputations and your personal beef with me? We've already established in other threads, that you don't have to be a parent to comment on certain issues. I feel like this is one of those times. It's rather obvious and universally known (if not adhered to), that people should watch their mouths around children (theirs or anyone else's). Was my point not correct? If so, what do you disagree with about my point?

The idea that it's OK for people without kids to comment on parenting was never "established in another thread." You, Dash Dan, and a few others decided it was OK and off you went. Using your own logic, there are people who have "established in other threads" that it's perfectly OK to mourn the loss of people they don't know. You and I think those threads are stupid. Others think they're fine. So what's the verdict on "thoughts and prayers" threads? Just because you and I happen to agree on those threads does not mean "it's been established that it's OK to ridicule the people who 'mourn' in those threads." The only legitimate argument we have is we think those threads are silly. Your acting as if a subjective opinion shared by you and a few others is indisputable fact.

Let's not pretend that just because a pompous blow hard like you or myself declare it to be OK that it's OK. While your point may have a touch of validity, it does not give you the right to be a self-righteous ass-hole and tell Don he doesn't respect his kids. There are better ways to say it. That's my point.

Thank you, I'll take that as a "yes". This horse is pretty well beaten, by now. I'll use the remainder of this post to request that you not include in each of your replies to me, such long-winded sidebars about how awful I am, rehashing of multiple past issues, and how badly I might've gone about them. If you could just stick to the point at hand, that would be super. I already know your feelings about me. Maybe if anything, just PM me that stuff?

I believe cameroncrazies has a legitimate point here. I also believe that it could be studied somehow, someway, but just not here on the forums.

I ALSO believe that we shouldn't use this forum as a wrestling ring. Why must we belittle each other over such unimportant things? I know I haven't been here long, but I know that you men have acted less mature than me, and I'm only a 15 year old child. I apologize if I offend anyone, but I needed to say this.

Punch9

I wonder if a test would find that supporting a particular team was bad for you, or instead that particular types of people were not helped by following sports (those with high blood pressure or whatever). That would be an interesting study if someone could design it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I believe cameroncrazies has a legitimate point here. I also believe that it could be studied somehow, someway, but just not here on the forums.

I ALSO believe that we shouldn't use this forum as a wrestling ring. Why must we belittle each other over such unimportant things? I know I haven't been here long, but I know that you men have acted less mature than me, and I'm only a 15 year old child. I apologize if I offend anyone, but I needed to say this.

Punch9

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

listen guys I am not trying to say that sports affects my health, I am one of the most hardcore fans that you will ever see. But in my 19 years on this earth I have had instances where I think that it changes the way I act towards loved ones. For example when my team is losing I am completley different around others then when they are winning. I think that everyone is like this, its just how we act as fans.I guess what im trying to say is that just because I wanted to see if there was any realationship between these two things, it doesnt mean that I have a problem with sports being too much of my life.

Grow up!!! I'm serious. Sports doesn't matter. Seriously. Grow up! If your team changes the way you are, you are still an immature person. Yes, I'm happy when my teams win and down when they lose, but it doesn't change the way I treat people and act around people. If you have to ask this question, then you are immature and need to walk away from sports and go and do something with your life away from sports. You will be shocked at how insignificant sports really are, when you actually find things worthwhile to do. Turn off the tv and sports talk radio, throw all your sports gear away, and actually go get a life.

its funny how you are telling me to grow up when all I am trying to do is find an answer to something that I am curious about, while you come on and start picking on a 19 year old kid.... doesnt it phase you that nearly everyone else in this thread has thought this was a bad idea and yet none of them insulted me except for you? I think that you are the one that needs to grow up and learn some manners.

Dont use your age as a factor in that you are a student and fail to recognize post #3. No control group means no study. You can try to tell us here at boards.sportslogos.net but you can just have a focus group (at best) from your concept. You should know about validity/reliability/accuracy in the Scientific Method before you try to tell some of us that you "know" items.

im not trying to say that I "know" things, I was just trying to figure out the answer to a question that I had. If you actually read my first post in this topic I stated that this wasnt going to be a huge scientific experiment, I just wanted to see if there was similarity between these two things. So maybe the next time you try to insult someone, you should try to read what they stated earlier.

Let's not pretend that just because a pompous blow hard like you or myself declare it to be OK that it's OK. While your point may have a touch of validity, it does not give you the right to be a self-righteous ass-hole and tell Don he doesn't respect his kids. There are better ways to say it. That's my point.

Thank you, I'll take that as a "yes". This horse is pretty well beaten, by now. I'll use the remainder of this post to request that you not include in each of your replies to me, such long-winded sidebars about how awful I am, rehashing of multiple past issues, and how badly I might've gone about them. If you could just stick to the point at hand, that would be super. I already know your feelings about me. Maybe if anything, just PM me that stuff?

I'll try.

BB52Big.jpg

Punch9

Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

Thanks.

Y'all are some funny dudes. Between Vet, Infrared, Milo, and the tNak meltdowns that every single one of us thought of when Cam posted this topic in the first place, I am laughing like a damn crazy person here in my office. Y'all made my Monday suck a little less, thanks fellas!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Y'all are some funny dudes. Between Vet, Infrared, Milo, and the tNak meltdowns that every single one of us thought of when Cam posted this topic in the first place, I am laughing like a damn crazy person here in my office. Y'all made my Monday suck a little less, thanks fellas!

We aim to please. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah its pretty funny how the discussion about this topic died like a full day ago and yet its still going strong because of a pretty hilarious argument.

Yeah its pretty funny how the discussion about this topic died like a full day ago and yet its still going strong because of a pretty hilarious argument.

No one asked you rookie. :D

BB52Big.jpg

It is a pretty inane argument. Funny all the less. I was speaking with my wife about this last night and while she agrees that maybe I should tone down my language around the kids I am not by any standard a bad father because of my language, I simply am not a perfect parent, like about 100% of them. Whats this world come to when my wife can agree with some random person on a message board? :P

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

It is a pretty inane argument. Funny all the less. I was speaking with my wife about this last night and while she agrees that maybe I should tone down my language around the kids I am not by any standard a bad father because of my language, I simply am not a perfect parent, like about 100% of them. Whats this world come to when my wife can agree with some random person on a message board? :P

If it's any consolation it wasn't just "some random person." It was Milo. It's not like he just dropped in out of the blue and proceeded to show all of us the errors of our ways...actually it was a lot like that. B)

I'm just giving you a hard time Milo. You know you're my favorite person.

BB52Big.jpg

Well, it was a pretty universal, undeniable point. And I never criticized your parenting as a whole, just on this one issue, which you pretty much made clear that how you were handling it was a conscious choice.

There are only a few ways the team you root for will affect your health.

#1. If your eating something and the team your rooting for does something stupid and you choke on what you're eating.

#2. If your a COMPLETE MORON and you decide to punch a wall, the tv, someone or an animal. You need counciling if this is you.

#3. If you've bet on the game and you now owe your bookie more than the Government deficit.

Most people's blood pressure will rise and fall, but what is the difference between that and watching a movie? If your blood pressure is at critical level while watching sports, well you have more serious issues than sports and it's time to change your life-style and see a doctor. Sports will not put your heart rate at a critical level, your eating habits and lack of excersize will. What really disappoints me with this line of questioning, was that it was not well thought out. If the approach to this question was like a topic that you had to put past a teacher, you might have realized that you have little to go on. I would think that the question would answer itself in a self-explanitory way, but I guess not.

Well, it was a pretty universal, undeniable point. And I never criticized your parenting as a whole, just on this one issue, which you pretty much made clear that how you were handling it was a conscious choice.

Oh thank you for showing me the light oh wise and sage Milo. You have reformed me and shown me the error of my ways. Now that you've won this crusade, why dont you move on to ridding the world of homophobia, or helping the world legalize marijuana or fighting for 1st amendment rights in the name of breast cancer awareness?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

maybe im more healthy that say a cubs fan because theyve gone through so much heartbreak over the years

Man, first we don't really care whether the team wins or loses, now our suffering is leading us to an early grave. Can't win.

Am I the only one on the board that agrees with Milo >90% of the time?

no

Also, I suspect that Tank's Mets histrionics are largely schtick. We play magnified versions of ourselves on boards.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived