Penguins

stimpy

good start, needs a little work. the logo's already been touched on, so i'll deal with part of the rest. the sleeve striping is good and i'd like to see it incorporated on the bottom somehow, but the font you used for the name sucks. it's way too thin.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I like the arm striping... The rest of it is, well, meh. That's pretty adventurous, though, not going with all caps on the name...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Why wouldn't there be a Pittsburgh Penguins next year? Point to a shread of evidence that suggests that. Not talking about the NHL as a whole next year, but the Penguins moving/folding.

because they had teh least attendence and the worst record...the nhl is going to limit teams down...

That's no reason. If that was true, then the worst team every year would be dissolved. Why would the league whittle itself out of existence? (Though it DOES sound like something Bettman would think up...)

The only people who can wind up the Pens like that are the NHL Board of Governors and Mario Lemieux. Both the NHL and Mario have too much invested in the Pens to just cut their losses like that. Besides, the Players' Association would have a s**t-fit because 24 of their union brothers would be laid off for no good business reason. And let's not forget everyone else involved--the city of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, the team's sponsors, the towns that host the Pens' minor-leaguers (Wilkes-Barre would be rioting, I guarantee), and, most importantly IMO, the fans.

Basically, it just doesn't make good business sense to just fold the team.

(unwrapping myself from my two Stanley Cup banners and stepping off my soapbox now...)

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

Personally, as far as I would be concerned, I would have made it with the logo used by their Wilkes-Barre/Scranton farm club (the "Muscular penguin") on ALL their sweaters (jersies) next year, and added red to the color mix, and even have a red third jersey.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Why wouldn't there be a Pittsburgh Penguins next year?  Point to a shread of evidence that suggests that.  Not talking about the NHL as a whole next year, but the Penguins moving/folding.

because they had teh least attendence and the worst record...the nhl is going to limit teams down...

These things you have offered are nothing more than speculation as there have been no steps taken to contract any NHL teams. Try to base sweeping statements on fact rather than whimsy.

Personally, as far as I would be concerned, I would have made it with the logo used by their Wilkes-Barre/Scranton farm club (the "Muscular penguin") on ALL their sweaters (jersies) next year, and added red to the color mix, and even have a red third jersey.

I'm actually working on a concept along those lines. :hockeysmiley:

Going blue instead of red, though. More in keeping with franchise history.

piratesSig.gif

Why wouldn't there be a Pittsburgh Penguins next year? Point to a shread of evidence that suggests that. Not talking about the NHL as a whole next year, but the Penguins moving/folding.

Despite the Penguins having the worst record and attendence it doesn't mean they would just go. The Penguins have a strong history and I seriously doubt they'd be one of the first to go.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I've actually heard some rumors going around that there's a group from Seattle interested in buying the Penguins and moving them there. Nothing specific, but I don't think it'd be a bad move considering Seattle's a fair-sized, northern US city that could support a team. Plus, you've gotta think that Mario's running out of money sometime soon. The Pens right now can't field a competative team and that's no good for Mario, the players, or the fans. As far as the fans themselves are concerned, Pittunited, if they'd show up to games then the Pens wouldn't have so many problems, eh?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I've actually heard some rumors going around that there's a group from Seattle interested in buying the Penguins and moving them there. Nothing specific, but I don't think it'd be a bad move considering Seattle's a fair-sized, northern US city that could support a team. Plus, you've gotta think that Mario's running out of money sometime soon. The Pens right now can't field a competative team and that's no good for Mario, the players, or the fans. As far as the fans themselves are concerned, Pittunited, if they'd show up to games then the Pens wouldn't have so many problems, eh?

Seattle lacks an arena suitable for an NHL team. The Key Arena was built for basketball and the sightlines are terrible for hockey.

Ahh with any sport you'll find that attendence goes up and down with any team. I don't think moving to Seattle would be a bad idea either. It's just weird how often teams have moved within the NHL's history.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Seattle lacks an arena suitable for an NHL team. The Key Arena was built for basketball and the sightlines are terrible for hockey.

He makes a good point. And considering they just overhauled Key for the Sonics, and the T-Birds just don't draw well, I doubt they'll make a new hockey-specific arena any time soon.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Is the Tacomadome still around and can it be retrofitted with all of the present day NHL must-haves?

As far as the fans themselves are concerned, Pittunited, if they'd show up to games then the Pens wouldn't have so many problems, eh?

Well, speaking for myself, if I didn't live 400 miles away in Virginia, I'd have season tickets.

The fans will show when the team starts winning. They showed that when the Pens came off their big winless streak and won a few games (including a couple of romps over the Rangers, if memory serves).

piratesSig.gif

Archived