Buffalo Bills

TopCat

Alright so there's no pink in this concept, but you clicked. I entered this in a UniWatch contest a few months ago, and it got some good feedback there, although I don't think they are as picky as most of the members here. I always meant to post it here after that contest was over but then I forgot. Whoops. I used their older colors because they POP! The shoulder stripes and pant stripes are supposed to mimmick the red streak found in the Bills logo.

BuffaloBills-1.png

If you want to give me C&C I will let you. But I know sometimes I would give C&C to other concepts, but am too lazy to type a reply. If that is the case with you and this concept I fully understand.

I love the idea, but the jersey cut doesn't necessarily compliment the design. The way the stripe seems to flatten off at one end is a nice idea in itself (especially trying to recreate the logo stripe), but it just doesn't seem to belong with the jersey cut, the stitching doesn't 'hold' the stripe, rather the stripe is just free floating. It would end up getting screen printed or so. Just a small nitpick I seem to have.

I'd like to see a red helmet instead, the blue doesn't seem as appropriate for the blue-heavy logo; the facemask could be white as well. I'm also starting to think that just a logo slapped on the helmet isn't enough, I'm too accustomed to seeing stripes on the red lids.

Other than that, I'm pretty sold on this concept. Perfect fit for the team.

It's better looking than their current set, although that's not terribly hard to accomplish. A suggestion - make the helmets red and the facemask white. Right now I'm getting a very Giants-ish vibe from this concept, and the helmet is certainly part of that.

330zl3b.png

This concept is looking pretty good, although I am judging it against the actual Bills' unis which are some of the worst in professional sports IMO. A few things I would change would be to try out a red helmet with some sort of stripe for continuity with the rest of the jersey. The blue logo on a blue helmet doesn't look right to me. I would much rather see the Bills wearing something simple like this instead of the mess they have now.

phitinsig.png

The pants stripe is reversed. Most players are in 3-point stances or running, in which case the thigh is (sort of close to) parallel with the ground. The angle of the slant wouldn't match the helmet in this case, but if you flip it, it would work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes, better. If the template allows, maybe taper the stripe in at the top a bit so it matches the helmet even more.

Also agree with the suggestion for alternate blue pants.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What would a blue helmet, with a white buffalo and a red stripe look like, also a white face mask. Also blue pants with the white jersey. And I never had an issue with nickel, if used properly.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I'm torn. I REALLY like the blue helmet with the white bison, but the red helmet/blue jersey combo really helps distinguish the Bills from other teams in the NFL. But either way, this concept is a definite winner.

The blue helmet is awful. Wouldn't do anything other than red or white. Maybe a blue facemask with the red (I think they actually did this back in the '80s for a few years.)

There's still a couple of things I might try here. No guarantee they'll work, but maybe worth a try.

1. Keep the red stripe - white outline - blue outline thing consistent. To do this, perhaps add a white outline between the red and blue on the shoulder stripe of the white jersey.

2. Really debating this one here, but I might make a custom number font. Maybe even just a slightly italicized block, or a modified block. It could suck though.

3. Single color numbers? White on the blue, and blue on the white? My thought here is that fewer colors / details on the numbers could make the shoulder stripe stand out a little more. Or it could look minor league and crappy. Either way.

Archived