new Milwaukee Admirals road jersey

Discrim

Going on the theory that the good guys dress in black, apparently.

I don't hate it, but it's not exactly all that good IMO. The main problem with this is, the same one the grays had (and the whites still have): the crest is easily in the AHL's bottom five, as if you ask me, the admiral skull by itself is a weak logo. The full dead admiral, I feel, would work far better as the main crest...but hey, what do I know? :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm so glad I got my hands on one of these before they needlessly compromised for the Edge teplate. And switching the road jerseys over to boring black from the unique dark gray further defeats the purpose of the original design.

Also, Scrim, any chance your Hiroshima Carp "fishbowl" logo is going to make it onto a shirt?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm so glad I got my hands on one of these before they needlessly compromised for the Edge teplate.

As am I.

I'd like to see them run out an alternate with just the anchor logo. I think that's a much stronger logo than they've realized. I was thinking that would be a black jersey, but maybe they could bring back the gray.

The new jersey features the traditional Admirals colors (white, black, and ice blue)

WHAT?!?!?

FWIW, I'm all for bringing back the skating admiral... preferably a version that's tweaked to make it easier on whoever is doing the embroidery.

I still have fond memories of this one:

270.jpg

But I'm partial to the first set of road grays. This was a beautiful sweater.

I've never seen that before, but I agree... I take it they were a Nordiques affiliate back then?

I'd like that grey sweater much more if they'd have used anything but that pee-wee skull. They have so much equity with the skating admiral and sell probably just as much merch that features it, I don't see why they just don't make the switch. They're one of the few teams left in the AHL that actually has some tradition and they should have a look that reflects it.

I on the side that thinks the original version of this jersey in white was far superior to the apron-stringed edge version.

I was never a fan of the road grey though, and prefer the new black ones by a mile. Perhaps having a "road grey" was a result of having ownership so connected to major league baseball!

I also prefer the full body pirate skeleton to just using the head.

I may be in the minority, but I vastly prefer this logo era to anything that came before it, especially when the old skating admiral always made me think of Captain Crunch.

Shameless plug for my blog, here's my recent post on the Admirals and their jersey evolution.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/07/1996-97-milwaukee-admirals-danny-lorenz.html

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

THIS... how can you not love the anchors?

MilwaukeeAdmiralsF.jpg

I'll admit, the logo has its flaws, but a decent designer should be able to tweak it into something more useful and less breakfast cerealy.

I love the anchor stripe, and I own that jersey, but I always felt the blue jersey was a bit too minimalist. It needed something more - perhaps contrasting shoulders, like its white counterpart.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The gray jersey would feel more at it's proper place if it had been used as a third jersey. A gray jersey may be unique and original, but speaking for fans who watch the hockey games, how long is it before you're sick and tired and you want to wipe out that bland color? 3 years was enough.

I on the side that thinks the original version of this jersey in white was far superior to the apron-stringed edge version.

>snip<

I may be in the minority, but I vastly prefer this logo era to anything that came before it, especially when the old skating admiral always made me think of Captain Crunch.

Couldn't agree more. I never liked the big chinned Admiral, and really love the sense of whimsy with the new logo in all its forms. Would it work for a relocated and renamed Predators? Not really. But it's perfect for a minor league franchise.

I think the team decided to make the switch once they were absorbed into the AHL. It's unusal enough to have 2 teams with the same nickname, but to give them 2 similar color schemes as well. Both Norfolk and Milwaukee had prominent blue and red. Milwaukee took the initiative to change first.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Don't know about that - according to the mothership, Norfolk had adopted the black and red logo in 2004-2005. This is what the Norfolk Admirals were wearing in 2005-2006:

6a1b08639b9a194d.jpg

The gray jersey would feel more at it's proper place if it had been used as a third jersey. A gray jersey may be unique and original, but speaking for fans who watch the hockey games, how long is it before you're sick and tired and you want to wipe out that bland color? 3 years was enough.

It isn't any more bland than black or navy blue. It's a rich, deep color that looked great on the ice.

Archived