NFL Re-Design Project

vicfurth

I figured I'd jump on the NFL concept bandwagon before it got going full-force.

Actually, I was inspired the other day to create a thread where I tweaked or overhauled the whole league. Thus, I have started my first professional league project in quite some time, considering the Ultimate NCAA Baseball Project has been going for years. I may update that soon, I got a couple ideas for my next installment into that project.

My main thing with this project is to make them look clean and detailed, with manufacturer logos and NFL logos.

But back to football. I started with the Houston Texans. No, not because everyone else is, but because that's where the first idea came from.

I started off by lightening the colors. I feel that the Texans' scheme was a little dark and dingy, so I brightened it up, made it pop a bit. Where the colors where and navy and red, now they're royal and lighter red.

I also re-did the script. I kept the NFL's trend of really simple clean scripts, but chose a font that matches the Texans a bit more. It's more western style. I kept the number font though.

As for the striping, I kept the bull theme going on the sleeves (reversing the stripes to taper towards the shoulder) and the horn striping on the pants.

So, without further, I give you the Houston Texans:

HoustonTexans.png

HoustonTexansUniforms.png

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

The blue pants should keep the same striping colors as the white ones. Just put a white outline around the stripes/horns and it will be fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gold helmet.

What? Where did that come from?

Gold isn't anywhere in their palette. A gold hat would make them look like the (up until this year) Cleveland Cavs of football. If you give them a gold hat, you might as well change the NOB font to Comic Sans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gold helmet.

Gold isn't anywhere in their palette. A gold hat would make them look like the (up until this year) Cleveland Cavs of football. If you give them a gold hat, you might as well change the NOB font to Comic Sans.

Not to threadjack here, but that second link on your sig is flippin hilarious!!

I agree, where is the gold idea coming from? That is just weird. Good update on the pants striping, I for one don't think Giants when I see this, so they are both royal blue, who cares?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Gold helmet.

I agree, where is the gold idea coming from? That is just weird. Good update on the pants striping, I for one don't think Giants when I see this, so they are both royal blue, who cares?

Off-topic, but did you happen to go to Carroll?

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Gold helmet.

Off-topic, but did you happen to go to Carroll?

No, I moved here from Oregon about a year ago in my mid 30's. HS in Kansas, unfortunately.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

#2 on the list is the Detroit Lions:

doc4ba0439cb9ff3964372149.jpgmatthew-stafford-detroit-lions-1623af1a97933309_medium.jpg

They aren't necessarily bad, just don't quite fit the classic Detroit Lion look. I feel like I accomplished that with my re-design.

DetroitLions.png

It's amazing what a simple color change can do. As you can see, all black is completely gone, leaving the Honolulu Blue and silver. I wanted to dial the clock back a bit whilst keeping the modern and sleek feel of the newer logo. The font is much simpler now, complimenting the logo more than the older font. I considered a car-manufacturer style font (e.g., Ford Motors) but decided against it.

As for the uniforms, I wanted a modern take on a classic. The sleeves have the timeless three-stripe look, same as the helmet. However, piping flows with the striping, adding a different feel that pleases both the old-school and new (I think).

DetroitLionsUniforms.png

Archived