NHL: Defunct Franchise Redesigns

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a colorado native, I hate this concept.

Does not represent Colorado at all.

Sorry but huge miss here.

I realize I'm totally late to the party here, but this series is awesome. As for the above comment and the Rockies set, I am a Colorado native, as well, and think the tie-in to Colorado's mining past (we have a basketball team called The Nuggets, after all) is great. However, I think that simply replacing the silver with red would make it feel "more Colorado" and would make the gold and navy pop more, as well.

Is there a Toronto St. Pats' concept in the works?

They're not defunct.

Neither are the Whalers or Jets.

Lawyered.

Well they are. Not only have they changed names, but they've moved locales. The St. Pats underwent a name change, but they're still located in Toronto. I would say it's an apples and oranges situation.

Is there a Toronto St. Pats' concept in the works?

They're not defunct.

Neither are the Whalers or Jets.

Lawyered.

Well they are. Not only have they changed names, but they've moved locales. The St. Pats underwent a name change, but they're still located in Toronto. I would say it's an apples and oranges situation.

Basically, the Toronto Arenas/St. Pats/Maple Leafs ARE the same franchise, and, as of today, are still in existence under the current "Maple Leafs" name. On the other hand, the Toronto Blueshirts (a member of the old NHA, which itself is a direct predecessor of the current National Hockey League) are not officially recognized by the NHL as having a connection with the Maple Leafs franchise, which whom they are a forerunner to.

YOZXkBG.png?1

I have been away from CCSLC for some time and finally decided to poke my head in. This series is incredible. Lots of talent! The only ones I didn't really care for was the Jets, and Whalers, everything else was fabulous! Also, is there going to be a North Stars set done?

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

• 1 month later...

I read this thread from beginning to end yesterday (on my phone even.) Amazing work.

I am particularly impressed with the "re-imagining" of some of the names - Quakers being the first to pop in my head. To totally flip it from being a religious reference to a really cool prehistoric animal reference, that was great.

Great series! I'm really impressed by the Hamilton Tigers, Kansas City Scouts and Hartford Whalers logos, beautiful jobs on those. Only issue overall is some of the jersey designs, some silly, some not. Overall, better (mostly) then what the NHL is doing at times.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I apologize for the bump, was cleaning out my favorites in my browser and this thread was there.

2 things: What was team #15? We skip form #14 Quakers to #16 Pirates. And is there anyway to see or re-upload the graphics? I missed a few the first time.

• 4 months later...

I apologize for the old bump, but I thought I'd ask one more time: Does anyone have these images stored? I've PMed the creator to hopefully get them and permission to use them in a project I'm working on.

I'm currently modding the old freeware Eastside Hockey Manager to have a 50 team league and would like to use these graphics for the new (old) teams. If anyone has them please PM me or email me at tomrw41 at yahoo . com.

Many thanks!

Anyone interested in the old EHM let me know also!

Archived