Next Move Or Expansion

ltjets21

Honestly, will going to the games mean we atomatcially mean we have an owner?

You're quickly reaching willmorris territory.

What does an owner have to do with attending the games? Answer that question.

God, we have been through this for over 2 seasons. We don't know if this team will be around next year. Why invest in something that isn't settled?

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Not really. You're only damned if you don't. If you guys went to the games then this wouldn't be a problem.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God, we have been through this for over 2 seasons. We don't know if this team will be around next year. Why invest in something that isn't settled?

Not really. You're only damned if you don't. If you guys went to the games then this wouldn't be a problem.

So, goidng to games mean we automatically get an owner! God, you guys are the ones not getting it!

No, you're the one not getting it.

Having an owner shouldn't impact your decision to go to a game or not. If you're a hockey fan, if you're a Coyotes fan, then you should go regardless of who occupies the owner's box. If you actually showed up for the games and showed the world that this market cares about its team you might have an owner ready to buy it.

So, goidng to games mean we automatically get an owner! God, you guys are the ones not getting it!

It greatly improves the chances of you getting one. And since your current chances are "not good", I'd leap at any opportunity to improve my chances.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Having an owner shouldn't impact your decision to go to a game or not. If you're a hockey fan, if you're a Coyotes fan, then you should go regardless of who occupies the owner's box. If you actually showed up for the games and showed the world that this market cares about its team you might have an owner ready to buy it.

Yes it does! These people will come when we know there's a stable, permenant ownership. We want resolution!

Get your ****ing planks out of your own eyes before going after any percieved splinters in mine!

Yes. If the Coyotes sold out every game they would have stable ownership and this wouldn't be a problem. You're not "damned if you do" at all. Your franchise is saved if you do.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yes. If the Coyotes sold out every game they would have stable ownership and this wouldn't be a problem. And as Ice Cap keeps saying the lack of an owner shouldn't be a reason to not attend games.

And if we don't get an owner? God, get those planks out!

We Detroit fans did sellout the playoffs games. At least we show up when it counts.

Fixed

And 4 games out of 41 really doesn't do much for the bottom line.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes it does! These people will come when we know there's a stable, permenant ownership. We want resolution!

Get your ****ing planks out of your own eyes before going after any percieved splinters in mine!

Oh boy. We're a page away from BigMac daming us all to hell again.

Look. If fans pay to go games now, in a period of perceived franchise instability, it will convince a potential owner to buy the team.

If you don't pay to go to games then potential owners will see a stadium with 8,000 announced and won't see the point in buying them, necessitating the sale to Lord Thompson. If you don't come now then you'll never get stable ownership.

And if we don't get an owner? God, get those planks out!

Why don't you actually address the very real facts we've brought up instead of wildly flinging insults at us while ignoring said facts?

We did sellout the playoffs games. At least we show up when it counts.

I have the feeling that your entire argument has been copied and pasted from a Coyotes fan board.

Anyway you did sellout in the playoffs. You sold all of those tickets to Red Wings fans. You made it very easy for them, giving them an entire series at home. That was very nice of the non-caring fans of the greater Phoenix metropolitan area.

Those fans in the stands during the Playoffs were coyotes fans, rams80.

God, it's in the percieved owners hands, not the Phoneix fans. I can tell you, we will start showing up once there's a resolution!

No they weren't. Anyone who watched that series heard how many cheers the Wings got when they scored.

6fQjS3M.png

God, it's in the percieved owners hands, not the Phoneix fans. I can tell you, we will start showing up once there's a resolution!

No they weren't. Anyone who watched that series heard how many cheers the Wings got when they scored.

You're a bad liar! Those were Coyotes fans!

I had no idea Coyotes fans were so fond of Red Wings sweaters. Learn something new each day I suppose.

I very much doubt it. First, other teams have drawn much better crowds when they were in the Coyotes position in the past. Second, this isn't a new problem for the Coyotes. They've been at this for 14, nearly 15 years. Its only recently that they've had ownership problems. When they did have an owner they still drew flies. The ownership problem hasn't caused the lack of attendance. Lack of attendance has caused the ownership problem.

No, you're a desperate liar. Those were, for the most part, Red Wings fans. It was like Joe Louis Arena when the Wings scored.

Then why did they cheer when Detroit scored and sing Journey songs?

Look, Reverend, Sugar, the only value the Coyotes franchise has to potential owners at the moment is that it is a hockey team that can theoretically be moved to a better market. Now, if the citizenry of Phoenix were to demonstrate that it is possible to field an NHL team in Phoenix WITHOUT losing the GDP of a small third world country annually, then perhaps an owner might actually see some value in continuing to field an NHL team IN Phoenix.

Today, we are all otaku.

I had no idea Coyotes fans were so fond of Red Wings sweaters. Learn something new each day I suppose.

I very much doubt it. First, other teams have drawn much better crowds when they were in the Coyotes position in the past. Second, this isn't a new problem for the Coyotes. They've been at this for 14, nearly 15 years. Its only recently that they've had ownership problems. When they did have an owner they still drew flies. The ownership problem hasn't caused the lack of attendance. Lack of attendance has caused the ownership problem.

You guys are such bad liars! There were Coyotes fans at the Playoff games! God, you would even lie to try to prove your point!

As my last post on this tread, I propose this;

Dissolve the NHL and promise no professional hockey league in the USA & Canada ever!

Chew over that!

Go to about 1:00 on the video. I rest my case.

6fQjS3M.png

Then (and please don't take this the wrong way) they were really, really dumb. Or disloyal.

Today, we are all otaku.

You guys are such bad liars! There were Coyotes fans at the Playoff games! God, you would even lie to try to prove your point!

I watched some of those games sparky (I'll watch anyone try to take down the Red Wings come playoff time). Jobbing.com erupted when the Red Wings scored. The Phoenix games were essentially Detroit home games.

As my last post on this tread, I propose this;

Dissolve the NHL and promise no professional hockey league in the USA & Canada ever!

Chew over that!

You showed us!

Archived