Can we please be real...

alwaysr92

Might I remind everyone that outside the Greater NY Metro area, no one really gives a flying :censored: about the Jets or Giants, so all this talk of bandwagoning is pretty dumb.

You love the Giants you big, greasy man-beast...

GREASY?

Packerz 4 Lyfe, yo. And apparently the Seahawks, due to proximity.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the cowboys bandwagon will gladly take your unwanted jets fans.

oh yeah and the jets suck a nut. and the dolphins, :D puhleaze the only way they are going to come close in seeing the lombardi trophy again is when they masturbate to their 17-0 season back in 72..

Cowboys have enough bandwagon fans dont you think?

no i want a whole nation of fans. in fact didn't we do this 2 years ago in a monster AH thread?

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I'm not a huge NFL fan, but I would say I'm a Falcons fan (used to love them like I do Alabama when Vick was there). But I am definitely jumping on the Jets Bandwagon, L.T. is one of my favorite players, I liked Santonio Holmes when he was on the Steelers, and their defense is my Fantasy Team's D. Plus they got Cory Reamer (LB from Alabama) and although he'll be on the bench all year thats an excuse for me to get around the bandwagon :D.

Edit- Nevermind Reamer got cut, but I'm still jumping on the bandwagon.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

061009_rex_ryan_presser_320.jpg

OKAY :censored:IN' LISTEN FOR A :censored:IN' SEC HERE. :censored:IN' I THOUGHT SHE WAS UP FOR PLAYIN' 500 SO I THROWN A BOMB OR TWO AT HER. TURNS OUT BY "I'M OPEN" SHE MEANT HER MIKE WAS ON. AIN'T THAT SOME :censored:! :censored:IN' I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD USE IT LIKE THAT! AS FOR MARK WAVIN' HIS :censored:IN' JUNK IN HER FACE, WELL, AH, JOEL FROM MEDIA RELATIONS DIDN'T EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO ME BUT COME ON MAN YOU'D DO THE SAME. LOOK AT THAT FACE, SHE'S SEEN MORE DICKS THAN A NIXON CONVENTION. OR SOMETHING. AM I RIGHT?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Cromartie had more penalties than children, WHY WASN'T REVIS SWITCHED TO BOLDIN, what the hell happened to the pass rush after the first quarter, did Sanchez throw more than 3 passes to a wideout the entire game? Greene sucked tonight. Penalties. Oy.

Get the ball on their 11 can't get 7? What an embarrasment.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Keep something firmly in mind as this unfolds: it's a total BS story. In the first report I read about it (since revised with appropriate "outrage"), this woman said she thought nothing of what happened at the time. It was other people who overheard who got all offended. The alleged "harassee" said:

===

"I was surprised to wake up on Sunday and have a call from the NFL , saying that they wanted to talk to me about what had happened at the Jets; and I asked… what happened?" Sainz told TV Azteca. "And they said well there is a pretty powerful accusation of harassment and then it was at that point I realized the magnitude of what had happened. "

===

In other words, when called by the NFL, she had no idea what they were talking about. Now she's Tweeting that she wanted to "die of embarassment." :rolleyes:

Here are pics of her "covering" Super Bowls:

ines2.jpg

PHP497F7FE7B6989.jpg

Obviously a serious journalist hard at work. :wacko:

Watch the media run with this the way they did with "Reverend" Quran-burner. That was another non-story until the self-righteous, offended-on-behalf-of-all-of-us media gave the clown a platform.

Don't get me wrong - real harassment should always be investigated and punished. But it sounds like this is a big nothing that's getting blown waaaaay out of proportion.

To the thread subject, the impression Ryan made on me through Hard Knocks was as kind of a blowhard, more schtick than substance. All that "Play like a Jet!" crap? Come on, if he's Chuck Noll addressing the '78 Steelers or Belichick yelling "Play like a Patriot!," sure, great, makes sense. Like a Jet? Not so much, at least not since Namath was slinging balls to Don Maynard.

One game note, anybody see how McGahee scored, took a knee to thank God, then yelled "F*** you!" at the stands, not once but twice, all of it picked up by ESPN's mics? Nice.

P.S. Admiral - nice work but you forgot the goddam snack.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

061009_rex_ryan_presser_320.jpg

OKAY :censored:IN' LISTEN FOR A :censored:IN' SEC HERE. :censored:IN' I THOUGHT SHE WAS UP FOR PLAYIN' 500 SO I THROWN A BOMB OR TWO AT HER. TURNS OUT BY "I'M OPEN" SHE MEANT HER MIKE WAS ON. AIN'T THAT SOME :censored:! :censored:IN' I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD USE IT LIKE THAT! AS FOR MARK WAVIN' HIS :censored:IN' JUNK IN HER FACE, WELL, AH, JOEL FROM MEDIA RELATIONS DIDN'T EXPLAIN THAT ONE TO ME BUT COME ON MAN YOU'D DO THE SAME. LOOK AT THAT FACE, SHE'S SEEN MORE DICKS THAN A NIXON CONVENTION. OR SOMETHING. AM I RIGHT?

I enjoy your Rex Ryan posts and suggest you start an "Ask Rex" thread in which people post questions for your to provide an answer from Rex.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

HA! man...the Jets sure looked like legitimate Super Bowl favorites after that MNF game...man, I sure take back everything I said, I am officially on the Jets bandwagon, lets do this! YA BOY!!

btw, while I'm a Packers fan, I can agree there is a little bit too much hype surrounding the Packers, they have major holes in their secondary, but saying Rodgers is only getting hype because of the Brett Favre relation is absurd, all i'll say is check the stats, he gets the hype because he took the league by storm under immense pressure and is one of the top quarterbacks in the league, and I say the Packers beat the Jets at least 8/10 times, Sanchez would get picked apart by Matthews and Woodson haha

J, E, T, S, SUCK SUCK SUCK

Gee, haven't heard that one before?

I've been going to Jet games for 20 years now...you're gonna have to do better than that.

How about, "J-E-T-S, Just Eat Turf, Sanchez"?

To the thread subject, the impression Ryan made on me through Hard Knocks was as kind of a blowhard, more schtick than substance. All that "Play like a Jet!" crap? Come on, if he's Chuck Noll addressing the '78 Steelers or Belichick yelling "Play like a Patriot!," sure, great, makes sense. Like a Jet? Not so much, at least not since Namath was slinging balls to Don Maynard.

For the record, he borrowed (pilfered?) "Play Like A Jet" from the Ravens.

From the Ravens website (story dated August 3, 2009) --

What It Means to 'Play Like a Raven'

The Ravens? new mantra for 2009 merges football and business like never before.

It started years ago with Ozzie Newsome, the team?s general manager and executive vice president, who stated that he looked for players who ?Played Like a Raven.?

Head coach John Harbaugh picked up on the phrase last season. ?We have players who play like Ravens,? he said often.

baltimoreravens.com

"Last season" as of August 2009 was the 2008 season, when Rex Ryan was still the Ravens' defensive coordinator.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived