Can we please be real...

alwaysr92

The thing about the Jets is that they have a lot of unanswered questions. The issue is can they answer them. Can Sanchez step up, have they really improved on last year? Can they beat on the Patriots? Can they maintain focus all year? It's not that they can't but they haven't proved it yet.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I head Ray Lewis say that and it fired me up I almost wish I was a Raven at that moment to lay a crushing hit on Mark Sanchez and his whiney $.59 cents for pizza toppings is too much.

Okay, I'll bite: is this last part a reference to a bit from that Hard Knocks show or something? I've been staring at this post for like five minutes and seriously I cannot parse it at all. I can't tell if Tank's making some oblique callback, or if he was on the phone ordering a pizza while he was posting and accidentally typed what he was saying, which I do like all the time.

I'm guessing its a local pizza hut commercial? Joe Flacco has some in the Baltimore area that I'm pretty sure aren't shown nationwide.

Here's what Ray Lewis had to say:

"I?m going to be very careful with this, we?re talking about the Jets like we?re talking about the Saints. That?s the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that?s the only people that can be dethroned. Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets. All of this ?We?re the Miami Heat of football.? If you?re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings.

The game ain?t played through tongues. The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes.

We?re not talking about whether I didn?t want to call one defense or not. Coach Mark Sanchez. Coach your Jets. My name should not come out Rex?s mouth unless you?re telling somebody to come block me, which is going to be a very hard damn task come Monday night."

I can't wait for Monday night. It will definitely be a great way to start off the season.

Sounds like he's about ready to murder somebody...

oh wait...

I head Ray Lewis say that and it fired me up I almost wish I was a Raven at that moment to lay a crushing hit on Mark Sanchez and his whiney $.59 cents for pizza toppings is too much.

Going way off topic on this one, but if you're ordering pizza in Cortland, shouldn't you be ordering D.P. Dough instead? Best calzone I ever had in my life (KevinMcD will know what I'm talking about) :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Right... it has nothing to do with their #1 defense that includes last year's DMVP and a gang of other reasons making them legit contenders or anything :rolleyes: . And even if something did happen to Aaron Rodgers (which I'd HATE to see, obviously), Matt Flynn is a guy who'll probably be starting somewhere once his contract with the Packers is up... in other words Rodgers is far from being "the team."

BTW, there's always been a good number of Packers fans in Minnesota. The Packers were around for a good four decades before the Vikings and the Gophers were basically a Packers farm club during that time. It also stands to reason that a fair number of Minnesotans are just as sick of the douche as the rest of us.

First off, the Packers were #2 in yards allowed, which people normally mean when they refer to defensive rankings. The stat that matters is points allowed, and they were 7th in that category. My experience with the Packers was watching them play two crappy games against a crappy Bears team (hich would have beaten them if not for mindless errors and unforced mistatkes) and the atomic bomb the Cardinals dropped on them in the playoffs. I don't know when the Packers piled up the stats (or more accurately shut people down), but I wasn't impressed with their defense at all last year. I guess we will see how they do this year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Jets fans have always been annoying now they are uber annoying. This team got lucky last year they went 9-7 playing the last two games against Curtis Painter and the rest of the this is why we are on the bench players. They beat a Bengals team that has not won a playoff game since before the first Gulf War, and a Chargers team that needs silver ID braclets with Dr. Heimlich's phone number on it.

They signed a bunch of old washed up players in the off-season who if they can play to their top level can be great, but they have an unproven second year QB, and lets look at the trend.

Both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco struggled at times last year in their second year.

Then they go on Hard Knocks and to top it off their coach will not shut up, so they have put a target on their backs.

In trhe past when the Jets have had high expectations they suffered a major let down.

1992 5-0 presseason fans talking Super Bowl and Browning Nagel is the next Joe Montana. Has anyone seen Mr. Nagle since 1992?

1999 AFC Championsip Game loser, Vinny Testaverde goes down on opening day, 8-8.

There have been many other years in between

Heres my prediction the Jets will be 2-5 at the end of October and fans will be dialing 1-877-O-NO-JETS the famed Jets suicide hotline.

That number again for all you Jets fans is 1-877-O-NO-JETS, and that is JETS for Just End The Season.

First off, you sure talk a lot of :censored: for being a Mets fan. That team knows failure and choking almost better than anybody else. And let's see, you also dub as a Dolphins fan. Jealousy, perhaps?...

Fact: The Jets have had much more success than Miami for the better part of a decade now, all dating back to that Monday Night comeback in 2000 that the Fish still have yet to fully recover from. All they've achieved since then is a one-and-done trip to the playoffs with a Jets reject quarterback. Call that a win if you want, but us Jets really fans could've cared less. So what is Miami left with now? Well, it's not 1984 anymore. Marino is loooong gone. The Wildcat doesn't win when it matters. Chad Henne is NOT good. The truth is, the Dolphins are medicore at best. I know it. You know it. And you just can't handle it.

Your finger is on the panic button, especially now that we've witnessed the Jets on the brink of a Super Bowl, and having added key pieces over the offseason (Hell, even your boy Jason Taylor wanted onboard!). I cannot wait to see how far off the deep end you go if Rex Ryan and the New York :censored:ing Jets win the whole damn thing this year!

6uXNWAo.png

Here's what Ray Lewis had to say:

"I?m going to be very careful with this, we?re talking about the Jets like we?re talking about the Saints. That?s the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that?s the only people that can be dethroned. Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets. All of this ?We?re the Miami Heat of football.? If you?re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings.

The game ain?t played through tongues. The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes.

We?re not talking about whether I didn?t want to call one defense or not. Coach Mark Sanchez. Coach your Jets. My name should not come out Rex?s mouth unless you?re telling somebody to come block me, which is going to be a very hard damn task come Monday night."

I can't wait for Monday night. It will definitely be a great way to start off the season.

Sounds like he's about ready to murder somebody...

oh wait...

Going way off topic on this one, but if you're ordering pizza in Cortland, shouldn't you be ordering D.P. Dough instead? Best calzone I ever had in my life (KevinMcD will know what I'm talking about) :P

DP Dough is alright, the Calzones are way too greasy though. I like Zonies better. As for Pizza i'd go for A Pizza and More or Mark's, either is delicious. However, all I saw on Hard Knocks was them eating Dominoes, Taco Bell and on campus junk.

And I totally agree with the OP. I have no idea why the Jets are favorites in the AFC.

LT will have a solid season, but will be worse than Jones was. Also, who knows what Greene will do with the added carries and pressure

Sanchez was not good for most of last year, which is expected of any rookie, who knows what he will do in his second year.

Their first team Offense has looked horrible so far in the preseason, and won't be whole until Holmes gets back from his suspension.

Their loss of Calvin Pace will be huge, he was a great defender.

The almighty Revis is back but he did not participate at all in offseason practices, who knows how long it will take him to be all there and ready.

The Jets wont be terrible but they will not sniff the Super Bowl and I am 50/50 on them making the playoffs.

saBS.png

Hey Cujo last year Dolphins swept the Jets remember.

Who made the playoffs? Who played in the conference title game? Who loaded up on talent in the offseason? Who are favorites to win the division this year?.....

rex-ryan.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Hey Cujo last year Dolphins swept the Jets remember.

Who made the playoffs? Who played in the conference title game? Who loaded up on talent in the offseason? Who are favorites to win the division this year?.....

rex-ryan.jpg

I see your Rex Ryan picture, and I remind you that Jets fans labeled a certain coach Man-Genius after year one too, and what happened?

The Jets became the Jets again.

Oh btw A.J. Duhe is still the Man, and nothing is funner than a group of Dolphins fans at the Meadowlands chanting.

J, E, T, S

SUCK SUCK SUCK :D

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Right... it has nothing to do with their #1 defense that includes last year's DMVP and a gang of other reasons making them legit contenders or anything :rolleyes: . And even if something did happen to Aaron Rodgers (which I'd HATE to see, obviously), Matt Flynn is a guy who'll probably be starting somewhere once his contract with the Packers is up... in other words Rodgers is far from being "the team."

BTW, there's always been a good number of Packers fans in Minnesota. The Packers were around for a good four decades before the Vikings and the Gophers were basically a Packers farm club during that time. It also stands to reason that a fair number of Minnesotans are just as sick of the douche as the rest of us.

First off, the Packers were #2 in yards allowed, which people normally mean when they refer to defensive rankings. The stat that matters is points allowed, and they were 7th in that category. My experience with the Packers was watching them play two crappy games against a crappy Bears team (hich would have beaten them if not for mindless errors and unforced mistatkes) and the atomic bomb the Cardinals dropped on them in the playoffs. I don't know when the Packers piled up the stats (or more accurately shut people down), but I wasn't impressed with their defense at all last year. I guess we will see how they do this year.

Green Bay's opener in Philly will tell us a lot about their Super Bowl chances. A blowout win (entirely possible, given that the Eagles are starting a totally untested QB) should fill the Packers' bandwagon to overflow in short order. Anything less, and there is cause for doubt.

CCSLC signature.png

Might I remind everyone that outside the Greater NY Metro area, no one really gives a flying :censored: about the Jets or Giants, so all this talk of bandwagoning is pretty dumb.

You love the Giants you big, greasy man-beast...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

the cowboys bandwagon will gladly take your unwanted jets fans.

oh yeah and the jets suck a nut. and the dolphins, :D puhleaze the only way they are going to come close in seeing the lombardi trophy again is when they masturbate to their 17-0 season back in 72..

Absolutely! Dolphins fans live for the '72 team and the "Fake Spike". They cling onto the past as if they know there is no future (because there isn't one). They try to come off as badasses when they bring it up and rub it in, but really, they just sound dumb -- especilly when they spew out this, in an pathetic attempt at an insult:

J, E, T, S, SUCK SUCK SUCK

6uXNWAo.png

oh yeah and the jets suck a nut. and the dolphins, :D puhleaze the only way they are going to come close in seeing the lombardi trophy again is when they masturbate to their 17-0 season back in 72..

Absolutely! Dolphins fans live for the '72 team and the "Fake Spike". They cling onto the past as if they know there is no future (because there isn't one). They try to come off as badasses when they bring it up and rub it in, but really, they just sound dumb -- especilly when they spew out this, in an pathetic attempt at an insult:

Good, good. Now Tank, use the "3 Super Bowls > 1" argument & the prophecy will be completed. Yessssss, gooooodd....Let the hate flow through both of you.

EmperorPalpatine.jpg

The Jets bandwagon is not NEARLY as big as everyone thinks it is. Most people around here are just like, "Yeah the Jets are good. I kinda like them"

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Cowboys have enough bandwagon fans dont you think?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

:grin:

Good, good. Now Tank, use the "3 Super Bowls > 1" argument & the prophecy will be completed. Yessssss, gooooodd....Let the hate flow through both of you.

EmperorPalpatine.jpg

:D

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived