Can we please be real...

alwaysr92

I just don't understand why everyone is jumping on the Jets. Granted, they were one game away from the super bowl, but they had to beat two teams who were resting their starters just to even get into the playoffs. I'm not saying the Jets aren't good, but I don't think they're great. Revis is arguably the best corner in the game, and they do have a stout, hard nosed defense, but they're offense is seriously lacking, Mark Sanchez(despite what Jets fans will have you believe) was not good last year, he was actually pretty terrible, which is to be expected from a rookie. There is little doubt in my mind Sanchez will be a good, if not spectacular QB in the future, but thats "the future". It seems as soon as Rex Ryan opened his fat mouth proclaiming the Jets as the favorites, people just kind of ran with it, like Lil Wayne proclaiming he's the best rapper alive(he isn't by the way) but he said it enough that people started believing it. The Jets are in a very tough division in a very tough conference, I just don't see them making the playoffs this year...let alone be a favorite for the Super Bowl, but maybe i'm wrong, I've been "sure" of things before and have been completely wrong (as much as I rooted for them, I never realistically saw the Rays be a contender) and heck, 17 weeks is a long time....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im a jets fan, please dont rain on my parade. <_< . The problem with sanchez last season was they were throwing too much at him, In the playoffs the calmed him down with a more basic system.

haha, sorry, but you're completely right, they overloaded him with too much early in the season and thats one of my big questions, will Rex Ryan's big mouth put too much unneeded pressure on Sanchez? I actually like the Jets, I despise Rex Ryan though, just a big mouth for no reason, he really hasn't done much in this league on his own. However, if he can take this Jets team to the Super Bowl, I will gladly insert foot in mouth haha

I, for one, won't be jumping off the Jets' bandwagon... because I was never on it in the first place.

Super Bowl XLV: Baltimore Ravens vs. Green Bay Packers. :D

And I completely agree sir haha, that would be an epic super bowl at least IMO...am I a little biased?? possibly :P

It also doesn't help that they're the "New York" Jets, either. Since, that's only going to make the bandwagon seem larger than it really is. Plus, the Jets are like the Lions or Cardinals; I'll believe that they're in the Super Bowl, when I see them in the Super Bowl. Until then, Bill Belichick put it the best when he said, "talk is cheap."

Jets fans have always been annoying now they are uber annoying. This team got lucky last year they went 9-7 playing the last two games against Curtis Painter and the rest of the this is why we are on the bench players. They beat a Bengals team that has not won a playoff game since before the first Gulf War, and a Chargers team that needs silver ID braclets with Dr. Heimlich's phone number on it.

They signed a bunch of old washed up players in the off-season who if they can play to their top level can be great, but they have an unproven second year QB, and lets look at the trend.

Both Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco struggled at times last year in their second year.

Then they go on Hard Knocks and to top it off their coach will not shut up, so they have put a target on their backs.

In trhe past when the Jets have had high expectations they suffered a major let down.

1992 5-0 presseason fans talking Super Bowl and Browning Nagel is the next Joe Montana. Has anyone seen Mr. Nagle since 1992?

1999 AFC Championsip Game loser, Vinny Testaverde goes down on opening day, 8-8.

There have been many other years in between

Heres my prediction the Jets will be 2-5 at the end of October and fans will be dialing 1-877-O-NO-JETS the famed Jets suicide hotline.

That number again for all you Jets fans is 1-877-O-NO-JETS, and that is JETS for Just End The Season.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Heres my prediction the Jets will be 2-5 at the end of October and fans will be dialing 1-877-O-NO-JETS the famed Jets suicide hotline.

That number again for all you Jets fans is 1-877-O-NO-JETS, and that is JETS for Just End The Season.

Is that by the same company that has the 1-877-O-NO-METS suicide line that you freak out on and call every fu*king season?

You making fun of other fans for potentially freaking out is laughable...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

That is why I am not a football Jets fan, I root for the baseball Jets. And you know all Mets Jets fans are like that.

And this year from day one I said the3 Mets were terrible and will be terrible until Omar, and Manuel are show the door.

Id like to say I hope the door dose not hit them on the way out, but I can;t they need to get hit multiple times by the door.

Speaking of Mets who must dgo

Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo two of the biggest wasteful piece of :censored: ever to take up a roster space, and Oliver Perez especially him he is the biggest waste of carbon ever to step on a baseball field REFUSED to visit wounded soldiers at Walter Reed.

Oliver Perez mere existence disgusts me.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

061009_rex_ryan_presser_320.jpg

HEY COME ON YOU :censored:IN' GUYS WHAT THE :censored: IS THIS :censored:IN' BANDWAGON :censored: ABOUT. GET OFF MY :censored:IN' ASS FOR A SEC HERE, KAY? TELL YA WHAT I'LL BUY YA A BEER AND WE'LL TALK IT OVER. AW I CAN'T STAY MAD AT YOU, MAN, :censored: IT,WHADDYA SAY WE GO HUNT SOME GASH.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here's what Ray Lewis had to say:

"I?m going to be very careful with this, we?re talking about the Jets like we?re talking about the Saints. That?s the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that?s the only people that can be dethroned. Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets. All of this ?We?re the Miami Heat of football.? If you?re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings.

The game ain?t played through tongues. The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes.

We?re not talking about whether I didn?t want to call one defense or not. Coach Mark Sanchez. Coach your Jets. My name should not come out Rex?s mouth unless you?re telling somebody to come block me, which is going to be a very hard damn task come Monday night."

I can't wait for Monday night. It will definitely be a great way to start off the season.

Being a Jet fan, but at the same time not really buying entirely into the hype of this year, I'm expecting them to be good, but not 12-4 Super Bowl favorite good. I'm thinking that they can play around 10-6 and they'll be in a dogfight with the Patriots for the AFC East this season. I dunno, I kinda preferred having Jones over LT and I'm not sure about adding so many vets, but if Sanchez plays smart like he did during the playoffs and the defense can play close to advertised, I think they'll be good shape.

However, yeah, can you please take some bandwagoners away? Some of these Jet fans trash talking were nowhere to be seen until the AFC Divisional Round last season :P

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

"I?m going to be very careful with this, we?re talking about the Jets like we?re talking about the Saints. That?s the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that?s the only people that can be dethroned. Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets. All of this ?We?re the Miami Heat of football.? If you?re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings.

The game ain?t played through tongues. The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes.

We?re not talking about whether I didn?t want to call one defense or not. Coach Mark Sanchez. Coach your Jets. My name should not come out Rex?s mouth unless you?re telling somebody to come block me, which is going to be a very hard damn task come Monday night."

I can't wait for Monday night. It will definitely be a great way to start off the season.

Sounds like he's about ready to murder somebody...

oh wait...

sB9ijEj.png

I am more perplexed by the people jumping on the Packers' bandwagon. They might make the playoffs, but I don't see them as "the team to beat."

Completely agree. Though the Packer bandwagon isn't nearly as big as the Jets', there are still numerous people around my Minnesota neighborhood jumping onto the "dark side". Did you hear that? People from Minnesota rooting for the Pack!! :P

Basically, the team is Aaron Rodgers. The only reason ESPN is hyping him and the Packers is because Rodgers was under the wing of Brett "The Best ESPN Storyline Evar" Favre. Anything Favre related is over-hyped on many sports and other TV networks.

If the Vikings come out on top of the NFC North, I'll look back and laugh at the people who joined the Packers bandwagon. Same goes for the Jets - if they fail to make the Super Bowl (or go deep into the playoffs), then I will just have to chuckle. Then again, if the Packers and Jets do well, then I will look back at this post and feel extremely embarrassed.

oh wait...

I head Ray Lewis say that and it fired me up I almost wish I was a Raven at that moment to lay a crushing hit on Mark Sanchez and his whiney $.59 cents for pizza toppings is too much.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

I am more perplexed by the people jumping on the Packers' bandwagon. They might make the playoffs, but I don't see them as "the team to beat."

Completely agree. Though the Packer bandwagon isn't nearly as big as the Jets', there are still numerous people around my Minnesota neighborhood jumping onto the "dark side". Did you hear that? People from Minnesota rooting for the Pack!! :P

Basically, the team is Aaron Rodgers. The only reason ESPN is hyping him and the Packers is because Rodgers was under the wing of Brett "The Best ESPN Storyline Evar" Favre. Anything Favre related is over-hyped on many sports and other TV networks.

Right... it has nothing to do with their #1 defense that includes last year's DMVP and a gang of other reasons making them legit contenders or anything :rolleyes: . And even if something did happen to Aaron Rodgers (which I'd HATE to see, obviously), Matt Flynn is a guy who'll probably be starting somewhere once his contract with the Packers is up... in other words Rodgers is far from being "the team."

BTW, there's always been a good number of Packers fans in Minnesota. The Packers were around for a good four decades before the Vikings and the Gophers were basically a Packers farm club during that time. It also stands to reason that a fair number of Minnesotans are just as sick of the douche as the rest of us.

oh wait...

I head Ray Lewis say that and it fired me up I almost wish I was a Raven at that moment to lay a crushing hit on Mark Sanchez and his whiney $.59 cents for pizza toppings is too much.

You really don't get it, do you?

sB9ijEj.png

You wanna be real for a moment?....

Let's begin with the Jets 2009 roster. Major players returning from last year like Darrelle Revis, Bart Scott, Nick Mangold, Shaun Ellis, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson. This was a team who MADE the AFC Championship Game and played the Colts pretty damn good in that one if I recall. Also consider the up-and-coming talent, like Mark Sanchez, Dustin Keller, and Shonn Greene, players with huge up-side, quite possibly Pro Bowlers in the making. Then on top of that, mix in this offseason's additions: Santonio Holmes, LaDainian Tomlinson, Antonio Cromarte, and Jason Taylor. And, of course, let's not forget defensive guru, Head Coach Rex Ryan. How can you NOT understand the hype going on with this team??

Yeah, the Jets are a trendy pick this year, and I can understand why. 'On paper', they damn well should be a contender. But like everyone else, forget the hype. I'm ready to see the talking be done on the field!

6uXNWAo.png

Okay, I'll bite: is this last part a reference to a bit from that Hard Knocks show or something? I've been staring at this post for like five minutes and seriously I cannot parse it at all. I can't tell if Tank's making some oblique callback, or if he was on the phone ordering a pizza while he was posting and accidentally typed what he was saying, which I do like all the time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived