New Ballpark Logos?

zpalffy

"Rangers Ballpark in Arlington" is a really clunky name, and "The Ballpark in Arlington" was pretentious and clunky. Why didn't they just call the joint "Arlington Stadium (II)"? Or, better yet, "George W. Bush Memorial Exploitation of Eminent Domain"?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

At Kauffman stadium they fly flags with that logo on it.

I really don't like the logo at all. A wispy, abstract representation of the spriral walkways, lame.

The K is known for a couple of things: the giant crown scoreboard and the fountains. Neither of these are found in the logo.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

The trend of calling baseball venues "X Park" is really played out. "X Ballpark" is even worse. Many of the post Oriole Park faux-retro stadiums are just full of contrived gimmicks, and the "Park" moniker is just another one. A few is OK, but just go with "Stadium", or something else altogether. They're just too big to go by the cute "Park" designation. FWIW, I sort of feel the same way about "Field" for football. The venue isn't the field - it's not like I'm buying a ticket to hang out on the 20. I'm sitting in a stadium seat (or a bleacher in some of the crappy ones.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

At Kauffman stadium they fly flags with that logo on it.

I really don't like the logo at all. A wispy, abstract representation of the spriral walkways, lame.

The K is known for a couple of things: the giant crown scoreboard and the fountains. Neither of these are found in the logo.

Kauffman actually does have much better logo too:

Kauffman09logo.jpg

"Rangers Ballpark in Arlington" is a really clunky name, and "The Ballpark in Arlington" was pretentious and clunky. Why didn't they just call the joint "Arlington Stadium (II)"? Or, better yet, "George W. Bush Memorial Exploitation of Eminent Domain"?

They don't call it "George W. Bush Memorial Exploitation of Eminent Domain" because

a) George W. Bush didn't come up with the plans to put it where it is. The original ownership wanted to move the team near Woodall Rogers in Dallas.

B) The site was built on Arlington Stadium's parking lot, and that is not use of Eminent Domain. Tearing down homes like Jerry Jones did is use of Eminent Domain.

I've never seen the logo used for Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, but it looks like something that comes from their graphics department. In any case, it will probably go back to "The Ballpark in Arlington" in the near future with Greenberg and Co. Just like it ought to be.

Kauffman actually does have much better logo too:

Kauffman09logo.jpg

I've seen that one before, I think on some hats that they give if you take a specific tour of the stadium. I like it more than the one previously discussed in this thread, but don't really love it.

I haven't seen the logo above used at the stadium. Only the awful spiral walkway logo.

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

Inspired by Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

87Redskins.png

Archived