Buffalo Sabres

Lights Out

sabres1.png

sabres2-1.png

sabres3.png

I hate the Sabres' new look and wasn't big on the Buffaslug look either. I thought the sabre would work nicely as a striping element on the mains and the charging buffalo would make a great crest. I used the contrasting nameplate and diamond-stitched numbers from their new alt because I thought it was cool. Finally, the third is a fauxback, based on their classic look but in yellow and with a modified crest. To the best of my knowledge, the Sabres have never worn a yellow sweater, so consider this a first. Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

the sword pattern on the back is backwards. if you turned the jersey around (and have one complete sabre) it would point the other way.

the numbers would be murder on television. cameras can't handle checkerboards now, that would be an utter mess, and worse for the commentators.

aside from that, I actually really like it. It's different, but not so much that it's crazy.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

How is the sword stripe backwards? The sabre is supposed to curve around the sweater.

As for the numbers, we'll see, considering the Sabres are actually using checkerboard numbers on their alts.

That doesn't justify your use of checkerboard numbers on your concept. The checkerboard numbers look ugly, and removing them would improve your concept, IMO.

Maybe bit on the wacky side for my tastes.....mainly the sword, Otherwise, pretty cool looking....I dig the template, and the colours. And the third is actually quite sweet, but I'd possibly try to fatten up those swords a bit, and maybe let them hang over the top somehow (blue trim?) You could just use a re-coloured version of the red-third's logo from a few years back. I do like the plain-ness of your though.

Nice job, but I absolutely hate the contrasting name-plate. Why anyone thinks this is even reasonable, much less cool looking is beyond my ability to comprehend.

One thing that I did notice is that your TV numbers on the shoulder patches are upside-down.

That or the guy is #L6 lol. I dont think Ive yet to see one of his concepts where he had the shoulder numbers right from the get go.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

How is the sword stripe backwards? The sabre is supposed to curve around the sweater.

As for the numbers, we'll see, considering the Sabres are actually using checkerboard numbers on their alts.

If it 'curved around', as you said, then the sabre would be flipped the other way.

It's kind of hard to explain, but if the jersey was stretched out, then the stripe would look like the stripe was two completely different swords.

I think any of these would work great as an alternate. I love the sword logo along the bottoms of the jerseys. Yellow jersey looks great too. Only real complaints:

1)I don't like the number font on the top two. I think they would look better with the yellow jersey number font.

2) I think shoulder patches would make all of them look better.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived