NCAA Football Concepts

bohob

OK, so I decided to update my Badgers concept. Here is the link: http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg180/bohob_4_life/NCAA%20Football%20Concepts/

I also started a concept for the Iowa Hawkeyes. I have a primary logo, which is an update of the current logo. My main goal was to sharpen it and get rid of some of the 70s influence. I am working on a wordmark, and I am also looking for ideas of alternate logos. The uniforms use a three-stripe patten throughout, and I have also added an option for white pants and a yellow jersey. The "faux"backs use the three-stripe pattern in combination with a single-stripe motif. The uniforms will probably add the wordmark over the front numbers, except on the "faux"back. I will action-ize the uniforms once they are more concrete. C&C please.

hawkeyes_primary.jpg

hawkeyes_fb_home.jpg

hawkeyes_fb_away.jpg

hawkeyes_fb_alt.jpg

This is very good. The new Hawkeye logo is boss.

Although, a slight thing that I've noticed is that you're using three stripes in the concept. Iowa is a Nike school, so that might be a conflict of interest. Other than that, I love it.

Everything looks really nice. I like the simplicity of it. The only thing that bothers me is the eye of the Hawkeye logo. Putting it in the center just looks off. I would try moving the pupil towards the front of the eye... almost like it is focused in more.

nice job.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

UPDATE:

I moved the pupil forward on the logo. I also finished the type work. The font is based on the Packers' numbers, with the corners made smaller. For the uniforms I added the IOWA wordmark above the front numbers, and I also dropped the shoulder numbers on the fauxback because they are already on the helmet. C&C please.

hawkeyes_id.jpg

hawkeyes_fb_home2.jpg

hawkeyes_fb_away2.jpg

hawkeyes_fb_alt2.jpg

I love the new logo you've done. The biggest problem I have with the current hawk is that I always thought it looked like a chicken. This one addressed and fixed that issue in my mind, as it looks much more agressive and hawk-like. Well done. I'm not sure I like the three stripes motif everywhere on the uniform, as to me they look like an Adidas explosion (which is not good for a Nike school :P) I think if it were two stripes instead of three, it would look much better. Overall, you've done a terrific job. Keep it up!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Any more thoughts on Iowa with the two-stripes pattern? Also I have been working on Michigan as well. I simplified the primary logo and developed a MICHIGAN wordmark and new numbers, all based on the block M. The uniforms take a chance, but hey, it's a concept. The I used a striped yoke for an old school feel. I thought about sublimating it, and could go back to it, but I really liked the solid yellow stripes. There are options for yellow pants and blue pants. The away uniforms also use the striped yokes, with an option for white pants. The fauxback is for the traditionalists. It uses a plain jersey and an old school helmet with the number on the front and an altered design on the front to mimic an older version of the Michigan helmet. It also has a grey facemask. Lastly, there is a maize-out uniform.

wolverines_id.jpg

wolverines_fb_home.jpg

wolverines_fb_away.jpg

wolverines_fb_alt.jpg

I like the stripping on the Iowa. I think its nice and simple. Moving the pupil forward is nice, but I would move it even farther forward, really to emphasize that its focused, ready to swoop down and kill the prey.

The Michigan shoulder stripes were completely unexpected. Personally, I don't like the monochrome look. I just think it kinda looks, I don't know. Back to the shoulder stripes. I'm not sure I like them, but I really think they work.

Good job so far... excited to see the rest. Do you plan on posting what team is next to take on?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Estone, I'm not sure which team I will do next. I have to get the Iowa concept put onto action templates by Wednesday for my blog. And Michigan will run the Wednesday after that. I'll probably stick to another Big Ten team, as I've already done Nebraska and Wisconsin, and I am working on Iowa and Michigan. Once I get a stockpile of Big Ten concept, I'll probably go back to my MiLB Re-Brands.

I like where you're going with the jersey stripes, but something just feels "un-Michigan" about it. Maybe tone down the number of arm/shoulder stripes?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

really love the updates on Iowa. looks fantastic.

i want to love Michigan, but i just can't. the stripes throw me off. maybe it's the template and that i can't imagine what they'd look like on the field. i want them to work, but i don't have any suggestions to make them better.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

That Iowa stuff is hot.

Up until I saw the action rendering of the two-stripe version, I was preferring the three-stripe version. Overall, very nice way to a/ break away from the Steeler-look-alike sets of current, craft something unique (to Iowa), and still make it distinctive. As for the hawkeye, a very long time ago, I started sketching out ideas for an updated hawkeye logo. Looked somewhat similar to yours, except yours came out way better. Much sharper and cleaner than the current hawkeye logo.

Big cajones for "daring to touch" Michigan. It's an old-school idea, works when you see it in your head, but then when you go to illustrate it, it's almost as if you become unsure of whether or not it'll work. That's kinda what I'm thinking about your Michigan set. I don't hate it, but you may have to action-render that before I can really get a good read on that. I do like that you came up with an original set of numbers, as well as how they turned out.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived