Red vs. (dark) Blue for Rays-Rangers Game 3 today

sportsfan9580

Just turned the game on and noticed the second straight night of color-vs.-color (or alt vs. alt) postseason baseball after last night's Braves-Giants orange-dark blue game. It has to be the first time ever it's happened two nights in a row. Is this a sign of things to come as we get deeper into the playoffs? Sorry, no pics, but just turn the game on to see.

Just turned the game on and noticed the second straight night of color-vs.-color (or alt vs. alt) postseason baseball after last night's Braves-Giants orange-dark blue game. It has to be the first time ever it's happened two nights in a row. Is this a sign of things to come as we get deeper into the playoffs? Sorry, no pics, but just turn the game on to see.

LOL, no.

It is my firm belief that team shall not be able to wear alternate uniforms in the playoffs. Primary home uniform and road uniforms only, please! What if we see the Rangers win the World Series in that horrid red top or heaven forbid the Giants win the World Series in those god-awful orange tops?!

It is my firm belief that team shall not be able to wear alternate uniforms in the playoffs. Primary home uniform and road uniforms only, please! What if we see the Rangers win the World Series in that horrid red top or heaven forbid the Giants win the World Series in those god-awful orange tops?!

The issue is that most Rangers fans prefer the red-heavy stuff. From what I've seen, at the ballpark when I was there and on TV, it outsells the blue stuff by a 2-1 margin or so.

Buy a team, then you can live your commandment.

The World Series is not set up for a Friday night game.

I actually like the orange jerseys, and I like San Francisco's strategy for using them: only on Fridays, no other days. The Rays used to do the same with their navy blue jerseys. Last season, they were strictly Sunday games at home. Now, they wear them willy-nilly. (Not to mention that they look and play terrible in them, save tonight.) I could live with seeing those, the Rays' powder blues, the Twins' creams, and the Phillies' Sunday alts. I don't think there's any reason to wear things like we're seeing tonight in Arlington, or apparently also in Minnesota.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Not really a baseball guy but what is up w/ the rope necklace's everybody is wearing?

They're necklaces made by Phiten, or some by Brett Bros. There are some other companies making similar things also. Supposedly they help reduce stress and relax your muscles among other things. I own a few necklaces and bracelets and from my experience it's mostly BS, but they look pretty cool if you ask me.

It is my firm belief that team shall not be able to wear alternate uniforms in the playoffs.

Your firm belief is boring.

Let the teams wear whatever the hell they want, if its part of their uniform set. If you don't like it, watch the game on a black and white TV. Then everybody looks like they are wearing white or grey uniforms. :flagcanada:

It is my firm belief that team shall not be able to wear alternate uniforms in the playoffs.

Let the teams wear whatever the hell they want, if its part of their uniform set. If you don't like it, watch the game on a black and white TV. Then everybody looks like they are wearing white or grey uniforms.

x2, couldn't have said it better myself.

I don't mind color vs color as long as the colors are contrasting enough so that it isn't difficult to tell the difference. I didn't like the Giants-Braves game last night, but that's because those are easily the number 1 and number 2 worst alternate jerseys in baseball, but that's a different thread.

Let the teams wear whatever the hell they want, if its part of their uniform set. If you don't like it, watch the game on a black and white TV. Then everybody looks like they are wearing white or grey uniforms. :flagcanada:

Holy :censored:. He just made a post that isn't about "throwembacks", modern football uniforms vs. traditional football uniforms, or nfl sock stripes. Hell, he made post that isn't about football uniforms. Incredible. Sadly, his tone remains the same.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You know what's really boring? Alternate uniforms that are worn more than the primary uniforms. That's boring. If the Twins broke out their vests for the playoffs I'd be so fricking happy. Never wore them this year.

Phillies' Sunday alts

Its actually daytime alt's.

Even tho the 5pm game they played they wore the pinstriped, maybe 4pm is the latest start they wear them?

Whoops, good catch. I got confused with the other Sunday alts. My bad.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

As a Giants fans I would not care if they won the World Series in pink.

Not really a baseball guy but what is up w/ the rope necklace's everybody is wearing?

They're necklaces made by Phiten, or some by Brett Bros. There are some other companies making similar things also. Supposedly they help reduce stress and relax your muscles among other things. I own a few necklaces and bracelets and from my experience it's mostly BS, but they look pretty cool if you ask me.

Fixed that for you.

Not a fan of both team's wearing the dark tops....just dumb. I'm not as dead set against dark jerseys in baseball as some around here, but I kinda agree with whoever said they shouldn't be worn in the playoffs. They do look kinda cheap most of the time, and I kinda like the idea that the playoffs remain super formal/traditional....like a wedding or something - wear only your best, cuz its very important. Just my opinion....

Archived