How should Nike handle the NFL?

andrewharrington

procombat_packers.jpg

Are those pants orange, or is that just me?

Looks gold here.

It's probably just the shading effect that does that...you can really tell that the bottom of the pants looks gold.

I think it looks like that because he didnt use greenbays exact colors. He used a slightly lighter green and a yellow that has a little more red in it.

There is not one part of that uniform that is better than what the Browns are wearing now.

Exactly. Minus the helmet logo, I thought it was a Bowling Green concept lol.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

i like your idea for the Browns. i think if everyone would do it, a stripped sleeved undershirt would work well. linemen arnt too crazy about sleeves though. i think this is a great chance for the Cowboys to fix their color issues, an so taking a Cowboys concept of mine and applying it to the Nike uni, i got this . . .

122m3gy.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Wouldn't it be funny if nike doesn't change the Cowboys' colors?

I really wouldn't expect them to. I mean, I'd expect them to try, but that's ultimately up to Jerry Jones & Company, just like every other uniform decision. I'm sure their previous licensees have tried to fix the colors (even when Nike made their uniforms in the 1990s), but they haven't done it yet so I don't see why it would be any different now. Add to it the fact that the Cowboys have their own licensing contract separate from the NFL's deal, and Nike will probably have even less of an influence on them.

BrandN: The manufacturer's logo goes on the sleeves on an NFL uniform, not the chest.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I just hope the Jags go back to the 90s Brunell era uniforms or the 2007 ones. The ones they have now suck. I used to like them but now the striping is different on every single player and no one matches. UGLY. But they can keep the helmet.

i like your idea for the Browns. i think if everyone would do it, a stripped sleeved undershirt would work well. linemen arnt too crazy about sleeves though. i think this is a great chance for the Cowboys to fix their color issues, an so taking a Cowboys concept of mine and applying it to the Nike uni, i got this . . .

122m3gy.png

#1 - Great concept.

#2 - Spot on about linemen (amongst many other players) not wearing sleeves, even when it comes to the undershirts that Nike has been rolling out as of late. All of the ideas in this concept have been brilliant & would look excellent on the field, but it would only work if the players actually complied with wearing the undershirts. Sleeve stripes in the NFL don't have to die.

Also, another thing that I'm hoping Nike fixes is the Colts problem where the shoulder stripes are just done terribly. I'm just happy that adidas doesn't have the rights to the NFL because their solution (look at UCLA's uniform in the Oregon game from this past Thursday) is no better than the Reebok's...if not worse.

I'd imagine that if Nike could somehow keep sleeve stripes alive & fix the shoulder stripes, I would just be in heaven. I think I might draw something up since I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head.

122m3gy.png

#1 - Great concept.

#2 - Spot on about linemen (amongst many other players) not wearing sleeves, even when it comes to the undershirts that Nike has been rolling out as of late. All of the ideas in this concept have been brilliant & would look excellent on the field, but it would only work if the players actually complied with wearing the undershirts. Sleeve stripes in the NFL don't have to die.

Also, another thing that I'm hoping Nike fixes is the Colts problem where the shoulder stripes are just done terribly. I'm just happy that adidas doesn't have the rights to the NFL because their solution (look at UCLA's uniform in the Oregon game from this past Thursday) is no better than the Reebok's...if not worse.

I'd imagine that if Nike could somehow keep sleeve stripes alive & fix the shoulder stripes, I would just be in heaven. I think I might draw something up since I have a couple of ideas floating around in my head.

The adidas TechFit jersey that UCLA wears is the same cut and technology as the Reebok jersey that some of the Colts wear. Adidas owns Reebok, and the two jerseys have been in side-by-side development for the past 4 years or so. The only major difference is the collar design and the pattern on the ribcage area of the mesh on adidas' version of the jersey. I'm not really optimistic about Nike making sleeve stripes or shoulder loops look any better than they have for the past decade. They would have done it in their college programs if that was a priority for them, but LSU's shoulder loops are truncated just like the Colts' have been for ten or fifteen years. The problem is that the average fan couldn't give a hoot about how the stripes and shoulder loops look on the field. It's only people like us. The replicas and authentics in the stores still have full sleeves, anyway (Which I hate. Authentic should mean the same thing as 'on-field,' but it doesn't in the NFL).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i didnt read trough the tread so im not sure if this has been mentioned, but why do they have to use procombat- here are some templates they can use

They're not going to use any existing template...they already came out and said they were going to use the newest technology. They'll make a whole new jersey for the NFL.

Archived