Super Bowl XLV logo change?

sportsfan0518

Has anyone noticed that on wikipedia or on Madden 11 that the Super Bowl XLV logo does not have Cowboys Stadium in the back. It also says nothing about how the NFL is now making all Super Bowl logos standard. Did the NFL decide to decline that standard idea? Is that why they changed the Super Bowl XLV logo? Discuss.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382Β 

Β 

I doubt the NFL has changed anything. Wikipedia and Madden 11 are not exactly the most reliable sources.

FOX had an ad about Super Bowl XLV and it had the logo without Cowboys Stadium. Also in a pop-up ad GMC had a Super Bowl contest thing and it had the logo without Cowboys stadium also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jij-ctzEBlE look at 1:47 it has it without Cowboys Stadium

Β 

The logo without the stadium is to be used for all National media applications. The logo with the stadium is to be used for all local (Dallas area) media applications. I don't know how that is exactly determined, but it is determined, somehow, by the NFL. Suffice it to say most of the merchandise you see will have the logo without the Stadium, unless it's sold in the Dallas area for the local market only.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The logo without the stadium is to be used for all National media applications. The logo with the stadium is to be used for all local (Dallas area) media applications. I don't know how that is exactly determined, but it is determined, somehow, by the NFL. Suffice it to say most of the merchandise you see will have the logo without the Stadium, unless it's sold in the Dallas area for the local market only.

that's right on the money. while i wouldn't be surprised if they eventually ditched the idea of the standardized logos, this is right in line with the guidelines the NFL released in the unveiling.

sig2024.png

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out again how incredibly horrible the new Super Bowl logo system is. Making a horribly bland, unimaginative logo yet putting in insane gradients is ridiculous. Making it mono-silver so it will look washed out no matter what background it is on and making it really unbalanced are inexcusable. Another swing and a miss for Goddell and his goons.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out again how incredibly horrible the new Super Bowl logo system is. Making a horribly bland, unimaginative logo yet putting in insane gradients is ridiculous. Making it mono-silver so it will look washed out no matter what background it is on and making it really unbalanced are inexcusable. Another swing and a miss for Goddell and his goons.

My favorite version of the logo is actually the one used for etching:

Screenshot2010-10-26at85146.png

It seems to be the only one that isn't gradient overload.

There are two versions of the logo according to the style guide. One is regional centric which includes the stadium, the other one is the one you will see all over with just the trophy.

In order to better reflect the pre-eminence of the Super Bowl and what it symbolizes to our fans and business partners, the NFL has established a permanent identity system to represent this property. This new system includes two logos for use each year. The national logo, on the left above, will be the NFL’s main expression for promoting the Super Bowl. The regional logo, on the right, can be used as a way for the League and its partners to accentuate the region and localize products and promotions. The regional icon that will be used year to year is the stadium in which the game will be played. The regional logo for Super Bowl XLV features Cowboys Stadium.

We suggest you complement the use of the Super Bowl logo by applying elements from the Super Bowl XLV Style Guide which reflect the North Texas region through a myriad of color palettes, graphic elements, typography and photography styles.

The NFL mission is to stay true to the great game of football and the positive values that our game represents. It is in our mutual interest for the NFL to continue to be widely respected and a positive influence on our millions of fans, these guidelines will help us achieve that goal.

We thank you and appreciate your support.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

That's not too bad. No personality, but otherwise not bad.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Well, if I had to choose between one that was overloaded with gradients and one that lacked "personality" but was flat, I'd pick the latter every time.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, if I had to choose between one that was overloaded with gradients and one that lacked "personality" but was flat, I'd pick the latter every time.

That logo looks similar to the Super Bowl XLV logo on the official Super Bowl XLV football.

Β 

Archived