2010/11 NBA Preview

NJTank

Here's my NBA Preview.

Comments and your picks are welcome

http://sportsecyclopedia.com/tank/nba11/nba2011.html

Sorry T-Wolves fans if there are any left.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Thunder will be great this season, but I still think the Lakers will have the most wins in the West.

And if I don't sound biased enough, I also honestly believe the Clippers will make the playoffs this year, especially over the Hornets.

The Heat, in my opinion aren't the team to beat. Until they prove they can beat the Celtics or the Magic in the Playoffs, they are third-best in the East. And obviously, the Lakers are the team to beat. Until the Heat prove otherwise, they won't make it out of the East.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Minnesota Timberwolves 8-74

No way in hell. This team is not worse than last year's Nets, and last year's Nets were probably the worst team we've ever seen in a generation. Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, & Jonny Flynn are good for at the least 15-20 wins. Yeah they're gonna be TRBL, but not historically terrible.

Also, lmao @ you having Spo being fired, yet the Heat still make the Finals. Thing is, I actually agree. If the Heat don't make the Finals (assuming none of the Big 3 goes down to injury around playoff time), Spo will be gone. That is one of the most loaded teams in NBA history (right up there with the tail end of the Bulls dynasty) & it would be a damn shame if that team was fully healthy and didn't get to the Finals. Assuming he's back in good health, Pat Riley is probably just waiting for an excuse to coach that team.

Also, you spelled "Gallinari" wrong (No D. No pun intended.). Other than that, nice read.

No way in hell. This team is not worse than last year's Nets, and last year's Nets were probably the worst team we've ever seen in a generation. Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, & Jonny Flynn are good for at the least 15-20 wins. Yeah they're gonna be TRBL, but not historically terrible.

Also, lmao @ you having Spo being fired, yet the Heat still make the Finals. Thing is, I actually agree. If the Heat don't make the Finals (assuming none of the Big 3 goes down to injury around playoff time), Spo will be gone. That is one of the most loaded teams in NBA history (right up there with the tail end of the Bulls dynasty) & it would be a damn shame if that team was fully healthy and didn't get to the Finals. Assuming he's back in good health, Pat Riley is probably just waiting for an excuse to coach that team.

Also, you spelled "Gallinari" wrong (No D. No pun intended.). Other than that, nice read.

I think Spo will sweat if the Heat lose three in a row in December.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

No way. If the Heat don't make the finals, it will mean someone outplayed them. The Magic could beat them.

FYI, the T-wolves are building a decent-to-solid core for like 5 years in the future. 8-74 is absurd

I quote:

"There is not a single player on this team that is worthy anything. "

Jonny Flynn is learning how to be a solid NBA PG. Kevin Love was on the USA national team this summer. that must count for something. Beasley, is an average player. Corey Brewer is decent. They are all worth something.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Yeah, they're not as bad as Tank's making them out to be, but they're still going to incur grievous anal pain all year. Probably 15 wins on the year at best.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I mostly agree with where you have the Jazz. I personally believe they'll win the division, but 51-31 is a good record for them. And I'm thrilled someone FINALLY gets it that Al Jefferson will easily fill Boozer's shoes, and then maybe ten more pairs. Most people outside of Utah don't get it that the only consistency that ever came from Boozer was the sight of him wearing a suit on the bench. It's not like losing him killed our chances - we hardly got anything from him to begin with. Jefferson will be an all-star this year along with D-Will, and the Jazz will be quite the suprise, i'm sure of it.

And, even though I bashed the pick at first, I'm really getting more comfortable with Gordon Heyward. I think he'll prove to be a steal and contribute greatly to the offense, especially where we certainly needed a good shooter to fill Kyle Korver's shoes (who was and continues to be a strong fan favorite here in the beehive state). The pickup of Raja Bell will help our defense, and players like CJ Miles, Kirilo Fesenko, and Ronnie Price seem to be improving.

Don't sleep on the Jazz, anyone. I'm not saying this with homer glasses on, either. I'm confident that they are going to suprise alot of people.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Don't sleep on the Jazz, anyone. I'm not saying this with homer glasses on, either. I'm confident that they are going to suprise alot of people.

I agree, the Jazz are one of the most resiliant teams in the league, like the Spurs. They always seem to find a way into the playoffs. I have no doubt they'll be back this year, too, but I think the Thunder could very well take the Northwest crown.

I don't see that many teams in the West winning 50 games, as the West is slipping in quality compared to the East. I also see the Clippers sneaking into the eighth seed (homer time!) because Blake Griffin's just that good. Then, who knows? The Clips definitely have the young, athletic talent to shock a higher-seeded opponent Warriors-style, but I doubt they can pull off a 1999-Knicks-esque miracle run to the Finals.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Last year it was the Nets who made a run at history, and the 76ers record for losses in a season. This year it will be the Wolves who will make that record go timber. To call them an expansion team is an insult to expansion teams. There is not a single player on this team that is worthy anything. This might just be the worst team of all-time when the season is done, they will be lucky to win 10 games.

Yikes. I was actually optimistic about this year's team.

The Wolves went 6-2 in the preseason, if that's any indicator. I guess beating the Lakers without Kobe isn't really an achievement. However, they did win 6 games. That's about 1/4 of their wins from the entire regular season last year.

In my opinion, 15-20 wins would be a fair estimate. 8 wins is insulting, quite frankly. I don't mean to be rude, but it seems like you need to do more research on some of these teams, most notably the Timberwolves.

Your writing is beautiful, though. As an aspiring writer, it's fun to read different styles of sports analysis.

I don't see that many teams in the West winning 50 games, as the West is slipping in quality compared to the East. I also see the Clippers sneaking into the eighth seed (homer time!) because Blake Griffin's just that good. Then, who knows? The Clips definitely have the young, athletic talent to shock a higher-seeded opponent Warriors-style, but I doubt they can pull off a 1999-Knicks-esque miracle run to the Finals.

I would say the top-tier Eastern teams are probably as good or better than the top-tier Western teams, but I still think as a whole, the Western Conference is much better than the Eastern Conference, especially towards the bottom.

Archived