Fantasy Football Corner

Gary

A place for everyone who needs advice or gloat about your team.

Anyway, i'm in a pickle, I don't know who to start, Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford

I'd start Ryan. If the Falcons were in Tampa, I'd go with Stafford, but Ryan-to-White rolls in the dome.

Edit: congrats to Gary. for his 15000th post

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well the Lions D allows points and yards, but the Jets aren't putting up points as of late. Plus the Lions are starting to get pretty good at home, and are definitely heating up. I'd ride the momentum in the Ravens at home, go with Flacco.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

BTW, my FF credentials so far this year:

12 team non ppr keeper league. I'm 7-1, avg 126 ppg, avg margin of victory has been by about 30 points, only lost 1 game by 3 points. it's been a good year.

twitter

Nice topic...

I have a flex spot open this week to fill, any advice would be helpful:

Here are my options:

Robert Meachem NO(vs Panthers)

Fred Jackson BUF(vs Bears)

Deion Branch NE(vs Browns)

Who do you think I should choose to fill that spot?

I daresay Meachem due to the lovely matchup, but the Panthers passing defense is surprisingly stout, ranking 4th in the league. He is due for a touchdown, however, and the Saints are getting warm after looking awful against the Browns.

But Branch might be your best bet. The Browns have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and Welker is on the downslide. Hopefully that bodes well for the Pats to give Branch a ton of looks.

twitter

Nice topic...

Here are my options:

I daresay Meachem due to the lovely matchup, but the Panthers passing defense is surprisingly stout, ranking 4th in the league. He is due for a touchdown, however, and the Saints are getting warm after looking awful against the Browns.

But Branch might be your best bet. The Browns have one of the worst pass defenses in the league, and Welker is on the downslide. Hopefully that bodes well for the Pats to give Branch a ton of looks.

Thanks for the tip, Branch is who I was leaning towards but Meachem is also sounding enticing with the Saints heating up. I think i'll go with the Brady-to-Branch connection this week.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Nice topic...

Here are my options:

Thanks for the tip, Branch is who I was leaning towards but Meachem is also sounding enticing with the Saints heating up. I think i'll go with the Brady-to-Branch connection this week.

Probably a good call. The Saints WR's are a pain to pick and choose because they spread the ball out all over their wr corps. Meachem could pull in 80 yds, 11 catches and a TD one week, he'll have 1 catch for 3 yards the next. The Pats spread it around, but they're likely to put up 40+ on the Browns. Gotta invest in that potential.

twitter

Fantasy football conundrum, who to start?

Only have 2 running back slots, no flex spot. Who to play of these 4?

Arian Foster @ Chargers

Jamaal Charles @ Raiders

Darren McFadden @ Chiefs

Peyton Hillis @ Patriots

twitter

Arian Foster @ Chargers

Jamaal Charles @ Raiders

Darren McFadden @ Chiefs

Peyton Hillis @ Patriots

If it were me, definitely Foster & either Charles or McFadden. Hillis against the Pats Defense doesnt seem like a good matchup.

Arian Foster @ Chargers

Jamaal Charles @ Raiders

Darren McFadden @ Chiefs

Peyton Hillis @ Patriots

If it were me, definitely Foster & either Charles or McFadden. Hillis against the Pats Defense doesnt seem like a good matchup.

True. It's really, really hard to sit McFadden. Both Charles/DMC split carries, but DMC doesn't get deferred to Bush as much as Charles to Jones. I think I'll go Foster/Run DMC this week. I need to trade on of these guys anyway to get some better WRs.

twitter

The other guys in the ufl are tired of me so ill boast here. My team, the Virginia vultures, is the reigning two time defending champions and 8-0 to start this season. *bows*

Boast noted, filed. Kudos to you good sir

twitter

Drew Brees or Matt Ryan? Well before I ask that, is Brees hurt or not?

Not sure about the Brees question, but I'd def go with Ryan at home vs Tampa. It's just too hard to turn down Ryan at home when he's got the best WR in the NFL who's on pace to break some records.

matt stafford or ryan fitzpatrick... fitz done good and stafford last game but both facing strong opposition

Honestly, I'd go with Fitz. Don't let last week's Lions game cloud your vision. The Jets d is going to completely deny Best any running so the Lions are gonna pass like crazy, but they're passing against the best cornerback tandem in the NFL, so....

The Bears pass defense is mediocre on their best day, so I'd go with Fitzpatrick. Might as well ride the Bills while they're scoring, even if they're losing.

Does RB Jerome Harrison have any value this week against the Colts?

Maybe. He's going to be a part of the offense, but unless McCoy gets hurt during the game Harrison's not gonna see more then a handful of carries. While the Colts run defense is bad, his limited playtime isn't going to get you a lot of points. If you're a gambling man, go right ahead, it could be worth taking a chance on, but the odds aren't good.

-------

Also, I pulled the trigger on a somewhat risky move last night to get rid of one of my 4 awesome running backs. Sent Jamaal Charles and Jacob Tamme for Antonio Gates and Knoshon Moreno. Moreno's not really gonna do much for me, I needed a consistent force at TE since I lost Dallas Clark, and while Gates is out this week and the bye, he'll be healthy upon return. Which is right around playoff time. My backup is Tony Moeaki so hopefully he'll hold down the fort.

twitter

Good emergency pickups this week of guys that are likely on the scrap heap in 10-14 team leagues:

QB

Fitzgerald, BUF

Freeman, TB

Stafford, DET

HB

Hightower, AZ

Sproles, SD

Woodhead, NE

WR

S. Johnson, BUF

Breaston, AZ

J. Jones, GB

TE

McMichael, SD

Dreessen, HOU

J. Cook, TEN

K

Gould, CHI

Tynes, NYG

Mare, SEA

DEF/ST

Bills vs CHI

Saints @ CAR

Raiders vs KC

twitter

• 2 weeks later...

I got a question for you all on a flex option this week. Should I roll will Knowshon Moreno against the Chargers or BenJarvus Green-Ellis against the Colts. I am in a .5 ppr league which makes me lean towards Moreno but some of the usual sources for fantasy football are ranking Green-Ellis above Moreno.

My Team:

Currently starting

QB- Phillip Rivers

QB- Kyle Orton

WR- Reggie Wayne

WR- Hines Ward

WR- Randy Moss

RB- Maurice Jones-Drew

RB- Micheal Turner

TE- Anthony Gonzalez

W/T- Danny Woodhead (RB/WR) (If Collie plays he will get this spot)

W/R- Knowshon Moreno

K- Adam Vinatieri

Def- Ravens

Bench

QB- Troy Smith

WR- Austin Collie

RB- BenJarvus Green-Ellis

TE- Visanthe Shiancoe

Def- Packers

PopHeading-1.gif

Archived