New Islanders Logo Question

Morgan33

Did the New York Islanders subtlely alter their colours and logo again?

The reason im asking is because on the site, the Alternate Logo from 2008-09 to 2009-10 sports a much darker Orange than the one posted as their current primary. The Edges on the "NY" and hockey stick are perfectly straight on this one yet on the current primary they are beveled slightly. Below is a Comparision and as you can see, both have four stripes added to the hockey stick.

isles2.gif

Alternate logo 2008-2010

isles1.gif

Primary Logo 2010- Present

So did a change occur? If not, which is correct?

The difference you're seeing is due to the bottom one being a poor Illustrator conversion to RGB.

Here's RGB-optimized versions of all of the Islanders' primary logos:

1972-1973 through 1994-1995:

NewYorkIslanders_PML1_1973-1995.png

1995-1996 through 1996-1997 (using metallic Silver):

NewYorkIslanders_PML1a_1996-1997.png

1995-1996 through 1996-1997 (with flat, non-metallic Gray):

NewYorkIslanders_PML1b_1996-1997.png

1996-1997 through 1997-1998 (overlapped use of the "Fisherman" logo):

NewYorkIslanders_PML1_1997-1998.png

1998-1999 through 2009-2010:

NewYorkIslanders_PML1_1999-2010.png

2010-2011 through present (including use as an alternate logo from 2008-2009 through 2009-2010):

NewYorkIslanders_PML1_2011-9999.png

Well I guess thats that. No alterations on behalf of the Islanders. That Fisherman logo looks especially sharp with the metallic silver.

Colorwerx your help is appreciated as always. Interesting stuff, especially how the first Islanders Orange looks almost Brick Red.

Is that first logo from an official file? The islanders letters look really rough.

It's from an older Vintage Hockey file...I was assuming that it would have been fairly accurate, but I'll look around and see if I can confirm it's authenticity.

Yeah, I just did a spot-check on the original Islanders logo I posted...I have an official logosheet (dated 02/1993) that shows some discrepancies...I'm going to look and see if I have a more accurate version...

Well I guess thats that. No alterations on behalf of the Islanders. That Fisherman logo looks especially sharp with the metallic silver.

Colorwerx your help is appreciated as always. Interesting stuff, especially how the first Islanders Orange looks almost Brick Red.

Fun Fact of the Day:

The original Orange of the Islanders matches EXACTLY with the Burnt Orange and Royal Blue Cleveland Cavaliers logo I posted earlier today.

I still can't believe that they use that. I mean, if you want to keep it, clean it up a little. There's got to be a better way to do it so the "I" doesn't bleed into the island, there's got to be a better way to do the NY than that dopey font too.

And yes, I'm a Ranger fan...but still...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It's amazing how much better the Fisherman logo is than the one they still insist on using, which has to be the worst logo in hockey.

Wrong. The current Islanders logo is one of the best in hockey.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I still can't believe that they use that. I mean, if you want to keep it, clean it up a little. There's got to be a better way to do it so the "I" doesn't bleed into the island, there's got to be a better way to do the NY than that dopey font too.

And yes, I'm a Ranger fan...but still...

You realize the "I" bleeds in to the island and points to where the Nassau Coliseum is right?

They didn't just do it for kicks.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Sure, they could do both of those. But they'd lose everything charming and interesting about the logo, not to mention the whole point of it.

Agreed. The logos flaws are what makes it a charming, enduring design. Now that Royal Blue has replaced that horrible shade of Navy it never needs to change again

Can anybody update the CCLSC Islander's page with Colorwerx' logos? They are simply too superior to whats on the site now to not make the switch

Archived