Who should be the Top Pick in the NFL Draft in 2011?

Gary

Depends who's picking really, and hard to predict now because someone always jumps up during the combine. As a patriots fan I was wishing for a winless season for the raiders. But I don't think there is a clear no. 1 right now since jake locker has had a down season

I think it depends on the team, as well. If the Cowboys end up picking first, as bad as Romo sucks, I don't see them picking a quarterback. They'd probably go with a defensive player in an effort to fix their mediocre, 17th-ranked defense, which would make Amukamura, Dareus, or Bowers likely to go first. If it's the Bills, they'll likely pick a QB unless they're serious about Fitzpatrick being the guy, so that would make Luck, Mallett, or even Locker possible as #1.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think it depends on the team, as well. If the Cowboys end up picking first, as bad as Romo sucks, I don't see them picking a quarterback. They'd probably go with a defensive player in an effort to fix their mediocre, 17th-ranked defense, which would make Amukamura, Dareus, or Bowers likely to go first. If it's the Bills, they'll likely pick a QB unless they're serious about Fitzpatrick being the guy, so that would make Luck, Mallett, or even Locker possible as #1.

The Bills picking another Stanford QB? That'll work :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I've heard that it could be Andrew Luck, Prince Amukamara, Marcel Dareus, Daquan Bowers and Ryan Mallett as the top 5 picks. But who is your number 1?

This. Great arm, great QB skills. The Bills could actually win 6 games with talent of this caliber! Woah, that was bold! :P

25yzwqg.png

If Ethan Luck decides to come out, it's his for the taking. Honestly, he may be my favorite quarterback prospect of the last 10 years. He has an NFL arm, runs a pro-ready offense, and that Stanford intelligence (I don't care about Trent Edwards...). I don't know what more you can ask for...

Also, I think you could see two corners go top 5 this year with Prince Amukamara and Patrick Peterson. This draft will be loaded with WRs and CBs, and appears to be a weak draft for OL and LBs...

Look at this potential list of WRs coming out this year:

- AJ Green

- Julio Jones

- Michael Floyd

- Justin Blackmon

- Jonathan Baldwin

- Leonard Hankerson

- Terrance Toliver

- Greg Little

Some of these guys may last into the mid-to-late 2nd round and be steals for a few teams.

I've heard that it could be Andrew Luck, Prince Amukamara, Marcel Dareus, Daquan Bowers and Ryan Mallett as the top 5 picks. But who is your number 1?

This. Great arm, great QB skills. The Bills could actually win 6 games with talent of this caliber! Woah, that was bold! :P

I don't know... Mallett screams Ryan Leaf to me.

At the risk of turning this into a Lockout thread, my main hope is that the NFL simply plays in 2011.

That said, as for #1, I wouldn't be surprised if it's Luck, Mallett (Leaf-ishness or not), or Ingram.

I don't know, but I'm thinking that, whenever he declares (that's about as much as I know about college football players), Jaquizz Rodgers could be a sleeper pick.

So what happens when Carolina lands the first pick. Obviously they are NOT in the market for a quarterback.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So what happens when Carolina lands the first pick. Obviously they are NOT in the market for a quarterback.

Any O-Linemen worthy of a top 5 pick? That appears to be their big downfall this year.

Any O-Linemen worthy of a top 5 pick? That appears to be their big downfall this year.

Evidently they need help at wideout as well, so AJ Green could take the spot.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived