Need hat survey participants.

zephyr

I took the survey as well.

I really hate how "flexfit" hats have become the standard. I suppose it makes sense, so manufacturers only need to make 4 sizes, and retails only need to stock 4 (though, they normally only have M and L) But it is very irritating. I have a 7 5/8 size head, and can NEVER find a flex fit hat that works.

I have almost a hundred hats, and only about 2 really fit correctly. I wonder if anyone knows of a place that will custom fit a hat. I want someone to measure my head, then make me a hat out of my choice of material, to the correct size.

My perfect hat:

- Soft cotton, prewashed (wool is authentic but super hot and super itchy)

- 7 5/8 - 7 3/4 (Flex fit doesnt work. The elastic squeezes my head, giving a headache)

- NOT a shallow fit, needs to get all the way down to my ears

- curved bill (WTH is up with flat bills? ugh.)

- simple logo in center front, and center rear. (I hate goofy graphics all over the sides, running all the way across the bill, etc.)

- LAST PRIORITY is a team I like. I'd buy a great fitting hat for some other team. I'd love a hat of each main color to go with different clothes. I love my fav teams, but I like lots of sports. FIT is most important of all.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David i just wanted to thank you, i just recieved my UF hat today i love it it's simply a wonderful hat. Although my hat didnt make it as far as some (longmont)im still impressed with your excellent customer service and great work thanks

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I am 7 5/8 and I have some flexfit hats that fit great, my flyers zephyr hat being one of them! only z hat I own so far but next hat i'll try to get a zephyr.

Also Flexfit is still better than one size fits all.

Of course in the style of brim or whatever I chose most positive but flat billed STRONGLY DISLIKE (or whatever it was lol)

Just did it. I've got my eye on a Bemidji State cap that you guys did for a local sports store here in town. Keep up the great work!

Pulled the trigger on that BSU cap this afternoon:

154994_1703027132501_1142651178_31925061_606710_n.jpg

Keck Sports in Bemidji put an order of these together. Not sure if it's a custom order or if they are available elsewhere, but it's a sweet cap!

I love that cap, i usually snake a bemidji hat when they come through shipping department but i missed that one.

that beaver logos is great. thanks.

Just did it. I've got my eye on a Bemidji State cap that you guys did for a local sports store here in town. Keep up the great work!

Pulled the trigger on that BSU cap this afternoon:

154994_1703027132501_1142651178_31925061_606710_n.jpg

Keck Sports in Bemidji put an order of these together. Not sure if it's a custom order or if they are available elsewhere, but it's a sweet cap!

i know how you feel. the stretch fit hats are not my favorite. i am a proponent of true fitted hats. When retailers switched to stretch they stocked less hats, sold less hats, and cared less. Curve or Flat, authentic fitted is what we push here at Zephyr.

I took the survey as well.

I really hate how "flexfit" hats have become the standard. I suppose it makes sense, so manufacturers only need to make 4 sizes, and retails only need to stock 4 (though, they normally only have M and L) But it is very irritating. I have a 7 5/8 size head, and can NEVER find a flex fit hat that works.

I have almost a hundred hats, and only about 2 really fit correctly. I wonder if anyone knows of a place that will custom fit a hat. I want someone to measure my head, then make me a hat out of my choice of material, to the correct size.

My perfect hat:

- Soft cotton, prewashed (wool is authentic but super hot and super itchy)

- 7 5/8 - 7 3/4 (Flex fit doesnt work. The elastic squeezes my head, giving a headache)

- NOT a shallow fit, needs to get all the way down to my ears

- curved bill (WTH is up with flat bills? ugh.)

- simple logo in center front, and center rear. (I hate goofy graphics all over the sides, running all the way across the bill, etc.)

- LAST PRIORITY is a team I like. I'd buy a great fitting hat for some other team. I'd love a hat of each main color to go with different clothes. I love my fav teams, but I like lots of sports. FIT is most important of all.

Why did the all white DH hats dissappear from the market? Were they not selling? Because right around that time period (2001-2003) it seemed like everyone I knew had at least one white DH. It looks like you have a few teams back in the white DH, but I have been looking for an Illinois white DH for about 8 years. Will you be rolling out white DHs for more college teams soon?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I loved the white DH hats too. We still do stock some of them. you can see them at hatmonster.com. It was more a change brought by retailers wanting something different than any slow down in sales. As much as i create and push and love certain hats, the retailers often want to recreate the wheel constantly and push us to change our lineup.

Why did the all white DH hats dissappear from the market? Were they not selling? Because right around that time period (2001-2003) it seemed like everyone I knew had at least one white DH. It looks like you have a few teams back in the white DH, but I have been looking for an Illinois white DH for about 8 years. Will you be rolling out white DHs for more college teams soon?

Taking the survey now. Have worked for a locally owned sports retailer that has stocked your product for as long as I've been there (10 years). Although the fashion hat business has dropped drastically in our area(South Bend, Indiana), I hope the trend changes. I own more of your hats then my wife wishes haha. Are you guys going to be at The Sports Licensing and Tailgate show in Vegas this January? I go every year, hoping to find something new and unique that our customers can't live without.

Keep up the good work

Jeremy

thanks you. which hat did you get?

Took your survey, ordered on the 15th, got the hat today. Thanks again for a top quality hat.

I got a green Hurricane hat with an orange old english M on it. I own the orange version from many years ago. I also have a Pitts Pens one from many years ago (when they had the vegas skating pen as an alt with the triangle penguin on the back). Those hats are so nice, fit me perfectly. Love the one logo on the front and a different one on the back. When I saw the green Miami one, it was a no-brainer purchase.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived