Worst Company Logo changes

NJTank

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know much about iTunes, but I vaguely thought their old 'logo' wasn't a logo but a generic image you might get if you put a blank cd in your computer. I didn't realize it was actually the iTunes logo, I thought the script functioned as one, so the new one passes for actually looking like a logo.

what about Sears logo?

sears.jpg

Maybe it's because the Sears I grew up near kept this one well into the 90s, but I always preferred this:

sears-duluth.jpg

Everything else Sears has used in my lifetime made them seem like just another big box store like Wal-Mart or K-Mart and not a 19th Century legacy department store.

I've never seen that before, but I like that. Very '50s department store. I'm still used to the old all-caps neon one, which always fit the brand well. Just from looking at that, you can say "here's a place where I can buy a pair of pants, but also a washing machine."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

what about Sears logo?

sears.jpg

Maybe it's because the Sears I grew up near kept this one well into the 90s, but I always preferred this:

sears-duluth.jpg

Everything else Sears has used in my lifetime made them seem like just another big box store like Wal-Mart or K-Mart and not a 19th Century legacy department store.

Where'd you grow up? Cause I think Southridge and Mayfair have updated the logos since I have been going to them with my folks and then on my own! And I can't even remember SouthGate and Loomis Point all that well to know if there were even Sears in them.

packchampionslfroh.png

• 4 weeks later...

While maybe not the WORST change ever, I just don't care for the current nestle logo

Nestle-Logo.jpg

The main example of how bad this looks is how tacked on it looks on candy bars.

butterfinger_cta2.jpg

Just the wordmark is good enough, doesn't need that red swirl shape thing behind it, as it makes it look tacked on. And I'm sure the people at nestle think thats great since people will see that the candy bar is from nestle, but I surely knew butterfinger was from nestle! and the wordmark was good enough in letting people know.

The Sears in the mall by my house used this one for most of my childhood. Just without the box.

sears_logo.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

MTV's new look is much better than their old-dated look. I don't see how IKEA changed their logo, this list is pretty crappy.

It was only dated because it still maintained that MTV was about music...which is hasn't been since the late 90s.

ZING. :P

LOL. MTV IMO didn't change their logo, they just changed the background itself.

Lame list. Especially Ikea, I mean what's the sense of describing the catalog font change as lame? It's NOT a logo, it's a catalog font.

And they did change it, dropped the text and cropped portions of the M out so it's just the parts that identify it as an M with the TV script.

I know at some point Lay's changed the design on thier potato chip bags (numerous times.) Its not the design change tha bothered me, but when they changed the 'Salt & Vinegar' bag from light green to light blue, it just turned me off and I dont eat them as much as I use to. Probably a good thing. I even think they taste different, but thats probably in my head. Anyone have a photo of the green bag Lays Salt & Vinegar chips?

iq5b7nF.png

I know at some point Lay's changed the design on thier potato chip bags (numerous times.) Its not the design change tha bothered me, but when they changed the 'Salt & Vinegar' bag from light green to light blue, it just turned me off and I dont eat them as much as I use to. Probably a good thing. I even think they taste different, but thats probably in my head. Anyone have a photo of the green bag Lays Salt & Vinegar chips?

xspefo7l_small.jpg29292-salt_vinegar.jpg

Google's your best friend, buddy :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

xspefo7l_small.jpg29292-salt_vinegar.jpg

Google's your best friend, buddy :P

Thats not the one. Thats a "foreign" modern bag. The one I am talking about had a "grid" in the green and I think it back black lettering outlined in yellow.

iq5b7nF.png

Archived