If the NBA!/NHL! Playoffs Started Today

AnythingChicago

Predictions or best team winning?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the brackets. Only thing I don't like is that the Jazz keep shooting themselves in the feet and moving down :P

Well, they lost Boozer and Korver to Chicago ( :evil: ), so considering that you guys are doing pretty well.

Haha, I could care less about Boozer (I never did like him, all he was good for was riding the bench in a business suit and a cast somewhere cause he was "hurt"), but Korver was a huge loss. Thankfully CJ Miles is making up for his loss by hitting the threes, but we need some defense. Bad.

Yeah, turns out, Boozer was also really good for consistently putting in 20-10 performances. He's been fantastic in Chicago. Also, former Jazzite (?) Ronnie Brewer adds a lot of defense which we were glad to take from Utah

Just read what else I said earlier, and you'll see why I never liked him. Yeah he could drop 20-10 a night, but he was also an annoying headcase who couldn't care less while doing so. I'm glad he's doing well for you guys, that's great and all, but I'm also glad he left. Maybe it's just me, but I never liked the guy.

I DID like Brewer however, and still miss the guy (same with Korver, who was a HUGE fan favorite here). Alot of Jazz fans were pretty upset when he left. I can't say the same for Boozer, though.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think that in a Knicks-Bulls first round matchup the Knicks would win a few games. They probably wouldn't win the series but they would put up a fight.

It would be a great series. The Knicks have fared very well against us so far (2-0).

25yzwqg.png

I really think that in a Knicks-Bulls first round matchup the Knicks would win a few games. They probably wouldn't win the series but they would put up a fight.

It would be a great series. The Knicks have fared very well against us so far (2-0).

Yeah for sure, I'm still waiting to see what the Bulls look like with their full starting lineup.

• 2 weeks later...

Not many changes in the NBA, but the NHL is all over the place. Carolina takes over the 8th seed in the Eastern, Montreal and New York switch, and the West is all over the place. Chicago's out :cry: , Calgary's in, Nashville is down one seed, San Jose is up from an 8 to a 4 seed. Also, Vancouver now has a better record than Philly, making them Stanley Cup Champions.

ifthenhlplayoffsstarted.png

25yzwqg.png

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a update for you nice folks.

In the NBA:

• The Bulls jump Miami (for now).
  • Orlando and Atlanta swap once again.
  • Portland jumps up to 6.
  • Denver jumps up to 5.
  • The Lakers and Dallas swap, with Dallas taking over the 2 seed.
  • Memphis jumps in as an 8 seed.
  • Utah's out.

nba5.png

In the NHL:

• Boston jumps up to a 2 seed, dropping Tampa Bay to the 3 seed.
  • San Jose climbs up to the 3 seed. They were previously a 4 seed.
  • Chicago has not only found their way back into the bracket, but into the 4 slot. They were 11th in the West at one point.
  • Phoenix is now a 5 seed. All the more reason to blow up Jobing.com Arena. :D
  • Nashville drops out of the bracket.
  • Dallas drops down to a 6 seed.
  • Anaheim drops out of the bracket.
  • Calgary climbs from an 8 to a 7 seed.
  • The Los Angeles Kings have found their way into the Western bracket as an 8 seed.

ifthenhlplayoffsstarted.png

25yzwqg.png

Sabres are now in 8th. You gotta start all over again. :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This definitely works better as a monthly update because it shows the dramatic shifts rather than the incremental day-to-day stuff. And the Bulls are No. 2 "for now"? I don't know if I see the Heat passing them again.

And the Blackhawks' run from No. 11 to No. 4 was impressive, even if the point spread was never that wide.

This definitely works better as a monthly update because it shows the dramatic shifts rather than the incremental day-to-day stuff. And the Bulls are No. 2 "for now"? I don't know if I see the Heat passing them again.

And the Blackhawks' run from No. 11 to No. 4 was impressive, even if the point spread was never that wide.

I wrote that while they were playing and the Heat were winning with the Bulls only a half game up over Miami.

25yzwqg.png

Indiana has lost five straight, and Charlotte six. If I didn't know better, I'd say nobody wants to finish 8th in the East. The Bucks have had a horrible season, and yet they're only 1.5 out of 8th, and unlike the teams they're trailing, haven't lost a handful of games in a row. Not being intimately familiar with how the Bucks are doing financially, I ask this: is it better for Milwaukee to finish 8th and get the extra revenue from two playoff games in a sure loss, or settle for what's likely a late lottery pick for a season that might not start on time? Usually, I tend toward tanking for the lottery picks, but it might be that the Bucks really need to keep their name in the papers with a playoff berth. Then again, the Bucks "kept their name in the papers" in the mid-aughts and it didn't do them any good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Indiana has lost five straight, and Charlotte six. If I didn't know better, I'd say nobody wants to finish 8th in the East. The Bucks have had a horrible season, and yet they're only 1.5 out of 8th, and unlike the teams they're trailing, haven't lost a handful of games in a row. Not being intimately familiar with how the Bucks are doing financially, I ask this: is it better for Milwaukee to finish 8th and get the extra revenue from two playoff games in a sure loss, or settle for what's likely a late lottery pick for a season that might not start on time? Usually, I tend toward tanking for the lottery picks, but it might be that the Bucks really need to keep their name in the papers with a playoff berth. Then again, the Bucks "kept their name in the papers" in the mid-aughts and it didn't do them any good.

As a fan of a terrible team, I have mixed feelings about tanking. I guess most people think it's a good idea for a team that is going nowhere, and I suppose that technically it is... But I feel like it creates a culture of losing that is even worse than the one that is already there.

Maybe I am weird, but I would rather see my team finish 8th or 9th in the conference with maximum effort, than see them tank to get a better pick. I don't like the idea of purposely playing bad at any point... I guess it is more of a philosophy thing.

And on top of all that, if a team is constantly finishing in that middle ground where they don't get good picks, eventually they naturally ARE going to get worse anyway, with the teams worse than them getting better picks in the draft and (theoretically) moving on up.

I'd rather see my team sink to the bottom of the league unintentionally than intentionally.

So to answer the question, based on the way I root for my team, it would make be better to finish in 8th... plus like you said they would make some money off of the playoff games.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived