If the NBA!/NHL! Playoffs Started Today

AnythingChicago

Predictions or best team winning?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really, though, if people are that hard up to find out where their team is in the "if the playoffs started today" scenario, all they have to do is look in the newspaper or online for the standings and it's not to difficult to figure it out from there. So basically, this is only just a thread for YOUR predictions, which, not to sound rude, but I don't think that many people really care that much about to see it every single week, especially when the season has barely started. And honestly, I'm not so sure there are that many die-hard NBA fans around here who are clamoring to see the "what if" at all.

I am.

But I actually think it would be better to keep it objective and have the better team win every series.

I think the whole point of this thread was to create a visual representation. I don't think there are many websites out there (and definitely not newspapers) who already have brackets created, so I think it's cool that he's doing this. Maybe I'm a simple person but I like seeing the playoff setups in bracket form, even if it is really early.

Anyway, generally speaking, if there's a thread I don't care for I don't end up posting in it anyway, and I don't rain on the parade of people who actually enjoy it.

Thank you, man. :notworthy:

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, that second playoff picture one's not a bad idea. Designing some sort of widget that puts all the logos together like that would be kind of neat for the people who like to clutter their desktops with widgets.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anyone? Did I miss anything? Wish to discuss your predictions and thoughts?

Wow, I guess you truly live up to your name, because no way Chicago is making it that far! :P

But really, have you actually seen Boozer play? He's awful. I mean he can score (sometimes...), but he never (I really mean never), ever plays any defense. I know Rose is extremely gifted, but the Bulls just aren't the same since Gordon left, and now I guess Salmons.

It's kinda funny really, as soon as people actually start taking the Hornets seriously, they lose to who? The freakin' Clippers! I mean, it's only the Clippers' 2nd win of the season!

Anyways, you know the playoffs will end up looking like this:

NBA FINALS:

Los Angeles Lakers 4, Boston Celtics 1.

Lakers will 3-peat. As long as they bring their a-game, they are unbeatable.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Honestly, I'd be very surprised to see the Lakers lose to the Spurs in the second round. The Spurs are always great, but they're just not the team they were about half a decade ago when the Lakers and Spurs combined for seven of nine championships or something like that.

I really do think we could have Celtics-Lakers again. The Heat are overhyped and the Magic just don't seem to have what it takes just yet to go all the way.

Wow, I guess you truly live up to your name, because no way Chicago is making it that far! :P

But really, have you actually seen Boozer play? He's awful. I mean he can score (sometimes...), but he never (I really mean never), ever plays any defense. I know Rose is extremely gifted, but the Bulls just aren't the same since Gordon left, and now I guess Salmons.

It's kinda funny really, as soon as people actually start taking the Hornets seriously, they lose to who? The freakin' Clippers! I mean, it's only the Clippers' 2nd win of the season!

NBA FINALS:

Your probably correct, but I'll try to explain my reasoning.

The Bulls, unlike the heat, have a well rounded team. They have players who can pass the ball with quality, shoot the ball with quality, and rebound the ball with quality. The Heat have 3 top five shooters, but no one to pass to them or to scoop up rebounds.

EDIT: Not to mention they've been outstanding defensively lately.

On the Lakers situation, I just can't stand the Lakers. I'll use any excuse I can to elimnate them in my predictions. Yes, they probably will sweep through the playoffs. But I do like the Spurs chances, so I gave them the W.

25yzwqg.png

The Bulls aren't gonna go so far winning the first round of the playoffs? That's depressing. Oh, and your assertion that the Bulls have yet to recover from the loss of John Salmons is hysterical.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Bulls aren't gonna go so far winning the first round of the playoffs? That's depressing. Oh, and your assertion that the Bulls have yet to recover from the loss of John Salmons is hysterical.

To be fair, the Bulls have been mired in the post-Aaron Gray era, I personally am still mourning.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

NBA FINALS:

Your probably correct, but I'll try to explain my reasoning.

The Bulls, unlike the heat, have a well rounded team. They have players who can pass the ball with quality, shoot the ball with quality, and rebound the ball with quality. The Heat have 3 top five shooters, but no one to pass to them or to scoop up rebounds.

EDIT: Not to mention they've been outstanding defensively lately.

On the Lakers situation, I just can't stand the Lakers. I'll use any excuse I can to elimnate them in my predictions. Yes, they probably will sweep through the playoffs. But I do like the Spurs chances, so I gave them the W.

Hey, at this point, the Bulls could probably kill the Heat. I believe they are extremely overrated. And besides Wade, I actually detest everyone on that team.

I actually expect Chicago to win the Central, seeing as someone has to and I think they are easily the best team in that division. And they gave the Lakers a pretty good game tonight.

Honestly, on the Bulls, I really only dislike Brewer, Korver, Boozer, and Noah. The first three, because they played for the Jazz and I hate the Jazz but I hate Boozer the most out of the former Jazz players. As for Noah, well I hate him because he was on the Gator team that beat my Bruins in the Title game a couple of years back and he had to do this stupid little f***ing dance in front of the camera after they won it.

Haha, no problem my man. A prediction is just a prediction, I have mine like you have yours. At least you aren't such a homer that you had the Bulls winning it all, like this dude here on the boards who had the Jazz winning it all. But, since it's so early in the season, nobody really knows jack about how any team will turn out.

I was only kidding 'bout the Bulls. If they get a #3 or #4 seed, I see them advancing out of the first round. Anyways, I was really pointing towards the loss of Ben Gordon as the reason why the Bulls regressed last year. The team that took Boston to 7 games only needed a couple more pieces to really become one of the league's best units. But, instead they lost Gordon.

To be fair, the Bulls have been mired in the post-Aaron Gray era, I personally am still mourning.

Its gonna be tough to watch this team with no Jannero Pargo.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Small update to the bracket version, I need to know if you guys like the version without the predictions. Please post your input.

I think it's best to have the better (record-wise) team win each round.

I will put that into perspective. Anyone else second this?

25yzwqg.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived