If the NBA!/NHL! Playoffs Started Today

AnythingChicago

Predictions or best team winning?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for best record. That made it three real votes and five dumb ones.

I'm still on record for liking these brackets. Yes, it's a basically pointless exercise, but it's pretty neat and harmless. Not sure why so many people think it's annoying and pedantic.

Because a lot of people here are anal repentant; when they see the tiniest thing they don't like, they pounce on it like a cat to a mouse.

Anal repentant?!?

It's a family saying.

Well, I thought it was anal retentive, but that didn't sound right so I Googled it and somehow came up with anal repentant...

Grammar strikes again!

You had to Google a family saying? Is it some other family's saying?

I knew the saying, just not the correct word.

Stupid English, too many words sound like 'retentant'!

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to business here with another update...

Changes in the NBA...

• Orlando and Atlanta switched again.
  • Minor realignment in the West; New Orleans takes the 3 seed from Dallas, sending the Mavs back to the 5 seed. Also, Denver hopped ahead of Utah for the 6 seed.

nba5.png

===============================================================================================================================

Changes in the NHL...

• Chicago bumps Colorado out of the bracket by stealing the 7 seed. San Jose jumps in with the 8 seed.

ifthenhlplayoffsstarted.png

25yzwqg.png

Because a lot of people here are anal repentant; when they see the tiniest thing they don't like, they pounce on it like a cat to a mouse.
Anal repentant?!?
Taking "sorry-ass" to a whole new level!
It's a family saying.

Well, I thought it was anal retentive, but that didn't sound right so I Googled it and somehow came up with anal repentant...

All-time great sequence of posts here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anal repentant?!?
It's a family saying.

Glad someone noticed it. "Anal repentant" should be a thing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Anal repentant?!?
It's a family saying.

Glad someone noticed it. "Anal repentant" should be a thing.

That's the most anal repentant idea I've ever heard.

Yeah, works pretty well. B)

25yzwqg.png

I like the brackets. Only thing I don't like is that the Jazz keep shooting themselves in the feet and moving down :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I like the brackets. Only thing I don't like is that the Jazz keep shooting themselves in the feet and moving down :P

Well, they lost Boozer and Korver to Chicago ( :evil: ), so considering that you guys are doing pretty well.

Haha, I could care less about Boozer (I never did like him, all he was good for was riding the bench in a business suit and a cast somewhere cause he was "hurt"), but Korver was a huge loss. Thankfully CJ Miles is making up for his loss by hitting the threes, but we need some defense. Bad.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Well, they lost Boozer and Korver to Chicago ( :evil: ), so considering that you guys are doing pretty well.

Haha, I could care less about Boozer (I never did like him, all he was good for was riding the bench in a business suit and a cast somewhere cause he was "hurt"), but Korver was a huge loss. Thankfully CJ Miles is making up for his loss by hitting the threes, but we need some defense. Bad.

Which Boozer gave you. And now that he's wearing red and black, the Bulls are a top 5 defensive team.

25yzwqg.png

I like the brackets. Only thing I don't like is that the Jazz

keep shooting themselves in the feet and moving down :P

Haha, I could care less about Boozer (I never did like him, all he was good for was riding the bench in a business suit and a cast somewhere cause he was "hurt"), but Korver

was a huge loss. Thankfully CJ Miles is making up for his loss by hitting the threes, but we need some defense.

Bad.

Which Boozer gave you. And now that he's wearing red and black, the Bulls are a top 5 defensive team.

He gave us some, but he wasn't the be-all source. If anyone, that's Kirilenko and/or Millsap. Boozer never played hard because he didn't want to be here and flat out didn't care, but he likes Chicago so of course he'll play to his ability for you. Trust me, the guy didnt contribute as much as he could have here, and the fact he was blown up as some hot commodity over the summer was hilarious to me. Not because I think he's a bad player (because when he actually decides to show up, he's incredible), but because he's a freaking headcase. Watch out, if things ever go wrong in Chicago, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I love how "neither" is winning the poll.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I like the brackets. Only thing I don't like is that the Jazz

keep shooting themselves in the feet and moving down :P

Haha, I could care less about Boozer (I never did like him, all he was good for was riding the bench in a business suit and a cast somewhere cause he was "hurt"), but Korver

was a huge loss. Thankfully CJ Miles is making up for his loss by hitting the threes, but we need some defense.

Bad.

He gave us some, but he wasn't the be-all source. If anyone, that's Kirilenko and/or Millsap. Boozer never played hard because he didn't want to be here and flat out didn't care, but he likes Chicago so of course he'll play to his ability for you. Trust me, the guy didnt contribute as much as he could have here, and the fact he was blown up as some hot commodity over the summer was hilarious to me. Not because I think he's a bad player (because when he actually decides to show up, he's incredible), but because he's a freaking headcase. Watch out, if things ever go wrong in Chicago, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Touche.

25yzwqg.png

Yeah, turns out, Boozer was also really good for consistently putting in 20-10 performances. He's been fantastic in Chicago. Also, former Jazzite (?) Ronnie Brewer adds a lot of defense which we were glad to take from Utah

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I don't why, but I have this gut feeling with their soft schedule that the Vancouver Canucks are going to get upset in the first or second round of the playoffs and never sniff the conference finals. I hate to say that, since I have a friend who's a big Canuck fan. But their whole season just has 2006 Red Wings/2010 Capitals written all over it.

Archived