If the NBA!/NHL! Playoffs Started Today

AnythingChicago

Predictions or best team winning?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Because most people on this site are visual people, my "If the NFL Playoffs Started Today" thread with team logos in a bracket was pretty popular. So I have decided to do the same thing for the NBA. But because the NBA plays way more games, I will update this about once a week, so don't keep bugging me for updates. So without further ado, here is what it would look like if the NBA playoffs started today.

Current NBA bracket (version with best team winning)

Current NHL bracket

25yzwqg.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, it's kind of early is all....It's a cool project tho. To me personally it seems like it takes 4 years for 1 NBA season to end since the playoffs last forever.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I mean, it's kind of early is all....

If the NBA playoff started today, it would be the shortest regular season in NBA history.

Its hard to think about what if the playoffs started today before the season is half over.

Yeah, yeah. But the point of this is to see what position your favorite team would be in, kind of as an example to what would happen if everyones' records stayed the same until the season ends.

And I will be doing updates when I get bored even if it hasn't been a week or so. And because my first post was done yesterday afternoon, I have updated it.

25yzwqg.png

Wait! WHERE THE F@#% ARE THE HEAT! THEY AR AUTOMATICO NBA CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD! :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

3 stars that are used to getting the ball on 1 team doesn't work very well. They have a very bad passer-to-shooter ratio, if you will.

Ok. Now since that's been settled, we can move on realistically. Let's atleast wait until the halfway point, or even 25 games to gauge playoffs.....

I am going to keep going. I assume you didn't see this post...

But the point of this is to see what position your favorite team would be in, kind of as an example to what would happen if everyones' records stayed the same until the season ends.

25yzwqg.png

Interesting enough. I'll check this regularly. But for the predictions of who advances, I assume you are just making the team with a better record win. Right? Is there any subjectivity in this?

No, these are all predictions. It just so happens that I favoured the higher seed in every 1st round game. That will change as time goes on.

25yzwqg.png

[announcement]

So, I have decided that I will continue to do this. I think it's cool to see the playoff picture each week as teams go on winning and losing streaks. If you believe it is too early (which most of you do) then you don't have to open it until February or March or April or whenever. So the thread lives!

[/announcement]

25yzwqg.png

Really, though, if people are that hard up to find out where their team is in the "if the playoffs started today" scenario, all they have to do is look in the newspaper or online for the standings and it's not to difficult to figure it out from there. So basically, this is only just a thread for YOUR predictions, which, not to sound rude, but I don't think that many people really care that much about to see it every single week, especially when the season has barely started. And honestly, I'm not so sure there are that many die-hard NBA fans around here who are clamoring to see the "what if" at all.

Really, though, if people are that hard up to find out where their team is in the "if the playoffs started today" scenario, all they have to do is look in the newspaper or online for the standings and it's not to difficult to figure it out from there. So basically, this is only just a thread for YOUR predictions, which, not to sound rude, but I don't think that many people really care that much about to see it every single week, especially when the season has barely started. And honestly, I'm not so sure there are that many die-hard NBA fans around here who are clamoring to see the "what if" at all.

I am.

But I actually think it would be better to keep it objective and have the better team win every series.

I think the whole point of this thread was to create a visual representation. I don't think there are many websites out there (and definitely not newspapers) who already have brackets created, so I think it's cool that he's doing this. Maybe I'm a simple person but I like seeing the playoff setups in bracket form, even if it is really early.

Anyway, generally speaking, if there's a thread I don't care for I don't end up posting in it anyway, and I don't rain on the parade of people who actually enjoy it.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Archived