If the NBA!/NHL! Playoffs Started Today

AnythingChicago

Predictions or best team winning?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone. I hope sinse now that it's January you all might want to check this out again. So here's an update. Remember, I made this one so the team with the best record wins.

nba5.png

I really hope the rest of the season does that way. It would be nice to see Tim Duncan leave the game on top.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is interesting to see the three you posted in a row, separated by a month. Amazing how the fortunes of Cleveland and Miami turned so quickly after that November bracket you posted. The Cavs were an 8 seed and now have 8 wins. And the Heat went from questionable at 9-8 to legit 30-11.

Yeah, they've got a lot of room to improve/worsen. They currently have a .514 winning percentage. The 7 seed (Charlotte) has a .415 winning percentage and the 5 seed (Atlanta) has a winning pct. around .635.

So, you're right, it'll take a lot to grow or lose a seed.

25yzwqg.png

I have decided to create something to get you guys back to checking this thread. In addition to the NBA bracket, there will now be an NHL bracket. I've decided that this is a good move because there are a whole lot of big time hockey fans on these boards, so I thought that this could be a hit. Maybe :grin: . So, now I give you an "If the NHL playoffs started today" bracket in addition to another NBA update. Enjoy!

The NHL:

ifthenhlplayoffsstarted.png

======================================================================================================

NBA Update:

Including...

• New Orleans moves ahead of Dallas and OKC to the 3 seed. Dallas moves down to the 5 seed even though their record is better than the Thunder's. This is because the rules say that no division winner can be lower than a 4 seed.
  • Atlanta and Orlando flip again. This time Atlanta has the 4 seed. That ATL vs. ORL would be an interesting matchup if in ever happened.

nba5.png

25yzwqg.png

I like that the Jazz and Hornets see that the Lakers are up next, and decide to not even bother playing the series. Why delay the inevitable?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just sayin, but neither of your brackets has a single upset.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

He's not doing predictions, he's just taking the higher seed to not leave the bracket blank.

Yep. Predictions were unpopular amongst you all. Otherwise, I would have had a Tampa Bay vs. Vancouver matchup in the NHL and a Chicago vs. San Antonio matchup in the NBA.

25yzwqg.png

You realize that we can all check the standings just as easily as you can right?

Making the bracket every two days in January/February doesn't mattter. In March/April when the games mean more to the races, then maybe it's interesting. And if you're just putting the higher seed through every matchup, that there is no thinking involved. Like I said, anyone can check the standings themselves and do this.

No one is checking this.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived