Uconn Hockey Concept

puckcool22

sorry ironchefshark, but lately i crave something more than just a crazy colored baseball jersey. I think UConn could use some new hockey jerseys, and I think these would make nice replacements. I know there isn't any red, but UConn seems to be moving away from the red in general.

as always i love feedback good, bad, or ugly

uconn.gif

new: the alternate

uconn2.gif

signature.gif

nice job, although i think uconn's huskie would look pretty sweet on a hockey sweater!

Hey that too... you've got cool logos for a home, road, and alternate jersey.

Good call Joel.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I like these quite a bit. Leave the C on the crest I think, except for an alternate maybe. Excellent work, very nice!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I don't think you need the red mesh on the alternate IMO. I think it would look just fine without it as just a regular jersey w/o the added mesh.

However, if you're looking to keep the mesh through the home, road and alternate jerseys, I would at least change the mesh's color to either blue, white or silver (whichever looks best)... I just think the red mesh doesn't look right.

I'd also like to see how the Huskie logo would look on both the home and road jerseys, just to see if it looks better on one instead of the "C".

Aside from that, sick job.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I don't think you need the red mesh on the alternate IMO. I think it would look just fine without it as just a regular jersey w/o the added mesh.

I agree. It's a great jersey without red mesh. I don't see how it makes sense to draw attention to the mesh by making it a different colour... I'd try to camouflage the mesh personally.

No... not a camouflage pattern... that's the total other direction... I meant blend it in.

No... not a red-navy gradient on the mesh... that's also the wrong way... just make it the same colour as the rest of the jersey.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Agreed. Either make the meshing the same blue as the rest of the jersey or a white or silver color. I like the rest of the jersey a whole lot, but I think the red mesh distances the alternate jersey a little too much from the other two sweaters, which are completely devoid of red. I still love it though. Keep it up!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

The home and away jerseys have a nice design, but they need more than just the "C" on them. I've never heard UConn referred to anything but UConn or Connecticut. They don't have a single letter logo like Michigan or Miami (U), so the whole name would need to be there. The current UConn jerseys are darker blue, with silver and just a touch of darker red, I think around the lettering in the logo.

The husky jersey is good except for the red mesh panels. Making them red seems very unnecessary. You have red in the stripes, around the numbers and logo. Make the mesh blue or silver and you got a real winner there.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

If I remember something I read a few years ago when they revamped their logo to look less real, for lack of a better term, they were trying to limit their use of red. I believe that, at one point, gave the Husky a gray/silver tongue. if you'll notice, their usage of red is very limited.

There is no red on their website, very little red on their hockey, basketball (men's and women's jerseys), and none on their baseball. The only red on the basketball jerseys is usually used to outline the 'U' or serve on small portions as striping.

So I would stay completely away from using the red almost completely.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived