New (to me) rejected Penguins alternate

pjinners

Rejected prototypes have been discussed ad infinitum in this forum, but this one is new to me. The topic editor won't allow me to post the pic ... here's a link.

Leland's Auction page

It's up for sales at Lelands.

The auction blurb reads ...

Pro Player was the official on-ice game jersey supplier to the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1999-00 and was developing designs for the next season's alternate jerseys. This is one of those designs with Owner Mario Lemieux's name and number. CCM/KOHO was awarded the contract for the entire NHL in 2000-01 thus making this jersey extremely unique. Pro Player Authentic tag in the neck above the size 54 fly tag. Pro Player and NHL logos embroidered on the back right hem. Comes with original SP Apparel Sample Submit Tag to Pro Player dated January 13, 2000.

And as of this posting, nobody's bid. It can be yours for $200.

That jersey looks a bit weird but interesting.. I had to look in the link and see the back of the jersey.. and all I can say is huh?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived