DeFrank's NFL Redesign

DeFrank

My one concern with the Chiefs is that for some reason, I got more of a Redskins vibe out of it than the Chiefs. I think it's the helmet stripe. If you were to remove it, I think it'd fix that. Even so however, the uniform is sharp.

EDIT: Some more Chiefs comments regarding the "Redskins vibe" - is the red darker? It could just be my eyes tricking me, but it looks a shade darker than it should be. I also got the "Redskins vibe" mostly on the road set more than anything - with the helmet stripes, (possibly) darker red, the colored collar and the red-white-red combo. I don't know, you changed so little yet I thought of a completely different team before I thought of Kansas City upon looking at the road. Not saying it's bad at all because as I mentioned, you've designed a sharp set for the Chiefs, but I think (at the very least) removing the helmet stripes or even making the road collar white would remedy the Redskins-ish look.

I totally get what your saying. I used the throwback red instead of the current. I really don't like how the Chiefs colors kind of give off that "McDonals" vibe. I added the stripe to give the helmet some amount of yellow. I definitely get what your saying. Lets say that, in my NFL, they wouldn't look similar because of my Redskins concepts. I added black, multi colored collars, and remove the helmet stripe. But I actually really appreciate the detail in your comment.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem! Glad to help. Like I said, it's not a bad thing at all. Just something I noticed. But really, if your Redskins concept is to really differ from it, then it probably won't be a problem at all in the end. Keep up the great work! I really enjoy your designs, I think you're one of those designers that "gets" design, if that makes any sense.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Jets, Chiefs, and Bengals all look really good. I like the new Jets logo a lot. I also like the pants striping for the Chiefs and Bengals. My only criticisms are that the bengal head doesn't work above the NOB, and the sleeves on the Bengals orange jersey are black with orange stripes. I would flip those.

Team Eighteen - Cincinnati Bengals

BengalsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Black//Away-Alt

Moving quickly! Only got one comment on the Chiefs, if you want to scroll up a bit. For these, I looked at both the current and previous incarnations of the tiger striped uniforms. I picked what I liked, and what I didn't from each set. Gone are the white panels, white on orange stripes, "Bronco style" pants, and leotard looks. The uniforms are simplified. They are bold. On the logo front, I consider the Bengal head logo to be my favorite in the league. So, I used it above the nameplate on each jersey. And thanks to jsb_0403 for letting me use his tiger striping along the helmet and pants. C&C is most certainly welcome.

I like this a lot. Only things I would change is the black sleeves with the orange stripes. Only because there are

No other elements in the uniform that is like this and Bengal tigers are orange with black stripes. The logo above the name needs removed as well. I like the removal of the drop shadow. That's a real plus. Great job.

The Bengals have been slightly updated in the original post to remove the tiger logo from above the nameplate and use orange sleeves with the orange jersey. Bengals

Thanks for all the input guys, really appreciate it. Any requests for the next team?

potd 10/20/12

Team Eighteen - Cincinnati Bengals

BengalsHelmet.png

Home//Away//Black//Away-Alt

Moving quickly! Only got one comment on the Chiefs, if you want to scroll up a bit. For these, I looked at both the current and previous incarnations of the tiger striped uniforms. I picked what I liked, and what I didn't from each set. Gone are the white panels, white on orange stripes, "Bronco style" pants, and leotard looks. The uniforms are simplified. They are bold. On the logo front, I consider the Bengal head logo to be my favorite in the league. So, I used it above the nameplate on each jersey. And thanks to jsb_0403 for letting me use his tiger striping along the helmet and pants. C&C is most certainly welcome.

--EDIT-- Uniforms were slightly updated on Dec. 30th 2011 to remove logo from below collar and remove black sleeves/collar from the home jersey.

Beeeeeauuuutiful

Thanks again for the comments guys. I really do appreciate the positive feedback I've gotten recently. Last bump before I work on a new team. It wont be quite so soon I don't think. Schools started up, and in addition, I got Skyrim. Soooooooooo

potd 10/20/12

Bengals look awesome. Clean, unlike the mess they have now. Also, since bengal tigers are actually orange, not black, the orange home jersey works perfectly.

As for the Chiefs, I can't approve of the use of that helmet stripe for obvious reasons. I know you also changed the Skins' look, but their uniforms need to be a bit more distinct from each other. KC has one of the truly untouchable looks in the NFL, so changing anything for a concept usually is very difficult to pull off.

87Redskins.png

Just responding to a couple more points...

I totally get the Chiefs helmet problems. I'm keeping the design for the sake of having yellow on the helmet.

Glad the Bengals update went over well. Looks far cleaner, thank you all.

Now, concepts may slow down some. Homework is ratcheting up and I've got an AP test to study for. And then tennis starts in the spring, leaving me with only the weekends. I think the next team I'm doing is the Jaguars. I initially created a set, but I absolutely cannot figure it out. Something just isn't working. I'd love to hear any ideas on the subject, but don't expect those for a little while.

potd 10/20/12

• 2 weeks later...

I totally get the Chiefs helmet problems. I'm keeping the design for the sake of having yellow on the helmet.

Now, concepts may slow down some. Homework is ratcheting up and I've got an AP test to study for. And then tennis starts in the spring, leaving me with only the weekends. I think the next team I'm doing is the Jaguars. I initially created a set, but I absolutely cannot figure it out. Something just isn't working. I'd love to hear any ideas on the subject, but don't expect those for a little while.

great work! I enjoy your stuff. I've been searching for the template you use so I can use it in photoshop. Any suggestions?

great work! I enjoy your stuff. I've been searching for the template you use so I can use it in photoshop. Any suggestions?

potd 10/20/12

dig it. I'm excited to see some pro combat in the NFL next year. Would like to at least see an ALT uni for the Colts with some zing. Maybe a blue helmet, grey jersey style similar to Boise State's Pro Combat 2010. See Below

Also, I am familiar with graphic design, I use Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. I recently got interested in doing uniform designs. Anyone have insight on a template for this "Pro Combat" uni? Thanks

6719930673_92aba0978b_z.jpg

1-18-2012 8-13-00 AM by cody.hughes42, on Flickr

Cant wait to see the Jags. How about black helmet,teal jerseys,black pants for home. teal or white pants on the road. As for the Alt Black jerseys black pants with teal numbers and gold outline.Id like to see something not traditonal,I think since they are a new team (1995) they should have modern style uniforms.

Cant wait to see the Jags. How about black helmet,teal jerseys,black pants for home. teal or white pants on the road. As for the Alt Black jerseys black pants with teal numbers and gold outline.Id like to see something not traditonal,I think since they are a new team (1995) they should have modern style uniforms.

The unconventional home color combo's could work well for the Jags. I know BrandmooreArt loves that kind of look. The Jags are a team I can work on soon. I've kind of hit a wall creatively recently, but I'll get back into it sometime. I always work in short bursts, putting out three concepts in a week or two, then taking a two week break.

And also, lets not turn this into a "Where can I find this template?" thread. There are places for that, not here.

potd 10/20/12

Archived