Navy Cleanup

Gfonk04

So, as much as I love the Navy Midshipmen, I think their primary logo is pretty bad. So, I worked up a basic re-do of the logo. It's nothing drastic, I maintained the basic shape and idea, but simplified the goat and blanket and used darker shades of blue and gold. I'm currently working on some USNA concepts based on these colors and thought a new primary sports logo would be a good place to start.

usna2.png

Thoughts?

*EDIT: Fixed the gross spelling error and got rid of some of the shading on the face.

Grunge-Logos.png

I think you might even be able to go a bit cleaner.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Midsipmen?

Wellllll, that's embarrassing... Illustrator needs a spell check. Fixed it.

Cleaned up where? As in reducing th shading or getting rid of it altogether? I took the black patch off the jaw line, I'll try and see what else I can trim off.

Grunge-Logos.png

The lines are too jagged. If you smooth some of them out, it will look cleaner.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Where is his mouth?

Rev 2 is in the works, to include a mouth! To those that say it could be simplified a little more, could you throw out some specific areas to reduce. is it a matter of just decreasing the width of the black areas? I want to make the design simpler than the current one, but retain some of the look that makes it look like a goat and not just a white blob with horns and a blanket.

Grunge-Logos.png

usna3.png

Revision 2, now with 100% more mouth and approximately 50% less Grinch-like eyebrows! I tried to tone the black down and make the edges a little less jagged. The only thing I'm worried about now is the abundance of negative space between the head and the blanket. Thanks for the feedback so far.

Grunge-Logos.png

Archived