Sick to death hearing about Jim Harbaugh

wdm1219inpenna

I like this topic because 1. It's wmdinpenna complaining about that durn NFL, and 2. because irony is SWPL.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

ESPN- (where else?)

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos are no longer aggressively pursuing Stanford coach Jim Harbaugh for their vacant head coaching position.

John Elway, the Broncos' new football czar, said on his weekly radio show on 87.7 The Ticket in Denver on Friday that he believes Harbaugh wants to stay at Stanford, where star quarterback Andrew Luck will return next season rather than turn pro.

Elway said he believes Harbaugh's alma mater, Michigan -- which earlier this week fired Rich Rodriguez as coach -- also might be back in the picture after Harbaugh listened to pitches from the San Francisco 49ers and Miami Dolphins this week.

Elway reached out to Harbaugh while serving as an honorary captain for his alma mater at the Orange Bowl, where the Cardinal beat Virginia Tech 40-12 to finish 12-1.

"I told Jim when we were down at the Orange Bowl that if he was interested in coming to the NFL, we would love to be able to talk to him," Elway said on his show. "... And he was interested in talking to us, but I think where it's going right now, to me, it's coming down to Stanford, and I think Michigan's back in the picture. I think he wants to stay in the college level."

With Harbaugh out of the picture, Elway said he's only interested in interviewing coaches who have NFL experience, not anybody looking to jump from the college ranks.

"I think Harbaugh's a different guy because he's been in the NFL. But outside of that, I'm inclined to stay in the NFL," Elway said.

First up for interviews Sunday are New York Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, who was an interim coach in Buffalo in 2009, and Eric Studesville, who went 1-3 as interim Broncos coach after his promotion from running backs coach following Josh McDaniels' firing last month.

Elway also said he's seeking permission from the Houston Texans to interview offensive coordinator Rick Dennison, a longtime Broncos assistant who has never been an NFL head coach, and is considering calling former Giants coach Jim Fassel, who tutored Elway in college and in the pros.

"Jim is a possibility. I know him really well from him being my college coach and for two years here and he definitely got some experience with the Giants," Elway said. "So, he's been on the list. We've thrown his name around a little bit. So, we haven't finalized anything on him."

Fassel went 58-53-1 from 1997 to 2003 in New York and led the Giants to the Super Bowl following the 2000 season, where they lost to the Baltimore Ravens.

On Thursday, Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey canceled his interview with the Broncos that was slated for Friday night in Atlanta, saying he wanted to focus on the playoffs, although he is keeping his scheduled interview with the Cleveland Browns on Saturday.

Mularkey indicated he'd like to talk to the Broncos if the job is still open when the Falcons finish their season.

"It's tough to wait until another month just because you lose the good coaches that are out there and everything," Elway said. "But I think that he's somebody that is very high on a lot of people's lists and he's still very high on our list. And so I think that we'd still like an opportunity to talk to him."

The Broncos are in need of a major makeover following the McDaniels misadventure that included a series of bad personnel decisions, which led to a 4-12 season, the worst in franchise history.

Elway has indicated his next coach should be a believer in Tim Tebow, the rookie who started the last three games after supplanting Kyle Orton at quarterback.

Harbaugh's price tag might have been too high for the Broncos, anyway. They're already on the hook next year to former coaches Mike Shanahan ($3.5 million) and McDaniels, who was due $3.2 million in 2011 before an undisclosed settlement.

Elway said he was spending Friday moving into his spacious office that Shanahan and, later, McDaniels and then Studesville, occupied.

Sorry, I had to :P

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My GOD! What is this boy crush all these ESPN people feel for Jim Harbaugh of Stanford?

?That Fünke is some kind of something. Boy, this Fünke is all anybody?s ever talking about. So sick and tired of hearing about how brilliant that Fünke is. Overrated.?

tobias_funke.gif

Jim Harbaugh taught me how to make love to a woman, and how to scold a child.

Can I close this now?

Hold on there...Jim Harbaugh is no Bill Brasky.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived