2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I can, because their reasoning was the aforementioned ZOMG BLACK IS SO KOOL!

That didn't exist back then, so no you can't. There reasoning was "Nobody gives a crap about Oregon football, we have to distinguish our selves. the recruit aren't coming in, and we need to arrive on the national stage somehow." Ever since then, Oregon has been one of the most successful football programs in the nation. Black is part of Oregon's identity. If you go into a Oregon Duck shop there is black apparel everywhere. it has been like this for a really long time. I guess you could call it a tradition of sorts.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yes, it did exist back then, since by most measurements BFBS started with the Mets in 1998, and the reasoning you just gave is the foundation of BFBS. They started wearing black as a means of getting noticed.

It's not a tradition, no matter how much you try to justify it. I'm not going to continue this argument because it's clear that you're never going to get it.

Yes, it did exist back then, since by most measurements BFBS started with the Mets in 1998, and the reasoning you just gave is the foundation of BFBS. They started wearing black as a means of getting noticed.

It's not a tradition, no matter how much you try to justify it.

Let me ask you this: Do you think Oregon's brand would be nearly as strong if did not start adopting black and started making crazy uniforms?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I said I'm not continuing the argument with you.

After I posted. It seems you did that because you don't have an answer. Is this true?

Colorado doesn't count as BFBS considering their long history of using black uniforms. They're a special case, as their use of black uniforms wasn't motivated by the ZOMG BLACK IS SO KOOL trend that currently infects college football.

How long does Oregon get until black just becomes part of their history and is okay? It's been about a decade and most of their football program's success has come with black being part of their identity.

Oregon started wearing in black in 1999. I think coming on 12 years of wearing black doesn't make it BFBS. Or does it. How long does a team have to wear black before it's not BFBS?

When it's officially part of the athletic department's identity.

According to the 2011 University Style Guide, the official colors of the Oregon's athletic department are green and yellow. Specifically, PMS 567 green and PMS 107 yellow (http://des.uoregon.edu/stylemanual.pdf page 90).

Therefore, any other colors added to the uniforms are [insert color] for [insert color's] sake.

Black? BFBS

Anthracite? AFAS

Silver? SFSS

Volt? VFVS

Is it really that hard to understand? A few members really seem to be incredibly ignorant with this concept.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Colorado changes the gold of their helmets.

Colorado Buffaloes

Colorado was the only other team that I knew of that used the same orangey-gold for their helmets that USF uses. Now that Colorado has switched is USF alone? I like that it sets the helmet apart from all the other gold ones but it sure is hard to duplicate in merchandise it seems.

Colorado doesn't count as BFBS considering their long history of using black uniforms. They're a special case, as their use of black uniforms wasn't motivated by the ZOMG BLACK IS SO KOOL trend that currently infects college football.

How long does Oregon get until black just becomes part of their history and is okay? It's been about a decade and most of their football program's success has come with black being part of their identity.

Oregon started wearing in black in 1999. I think coming on 12 years of wearing black doesn't make it BFBS. Or does it. How long does a team have to wear black before it's not BFBS?

According to the 2011 University Style Guide, the official colors of the Oregon's athletic department are green and yellow. Specifically, PMS 567 green and PMS 107 yellow (http://des.uoregon.edu/stylemanual.pdf page 90).

Therefore, any other colors added to the uniforms are [insert color] for [insert color's] sake.

Black? BFBS

Anthracite? AFAS

Silver? SFSS

Volt? VFVS

Is it really that hard to understand? A few members really seem to be incredibly ignorant with this concept.

Ok then. Arizona State is not BFBS.

Correct. As of 2011, ASU is not BFBS, uniform-wise.

Sort of a loophole...ASU officially added black as one of the athletic department's colors.

It's BFBS to the identity itself (there was no reason to add it), but not for the uniforms.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Black? BFBS

Anthracite? AFAS

Silver? SFSS

Volt? VFVS

Ok then. Arizona State is not BFBS.

And then Colorado would be BFBS by that definition as well.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

In 1985 the Colorado athletic department gave the athletic teams a choice, sky blue or black for their uniforms?...they chose black. So Colorado has been using black since '85.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

In 1985 the Colorado athletic department gave the athletic teams a choice, sky blue or black for their uniforms?...they chose black. So Colorado has been using black since '85.

But according to Kevin, since it's not part of there entire heritage, and the fact that it's not an official color, it's BFBS.

For Black's sake can this argument stop?

I agree can we quit arguing like 6 year olds on the playground? Deal with black is a color that teams are gonna use. They dont care if you like it. They care if the fans as a whole like it. How is it BFBS if black is a school color? There is no need for this, let uniform manufacturers go as they please. The more uniforms the more money the manufacturer makes.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

For Black's sake can this argument stop?

I agree can we quit arguing like 6 year olds on the playground? Deal with black is a color that teams are gonna use. They dont care if you like it. They care if the fans as a whole like it. How is it BFBS if black is a school color? There is no need for this, let uniform manufacturers go as they please. The more uniforms the more money the manufacturer makes.

This argument has been tried and it has failed. In a perfect world, yes, it would eventually end and people would just accept that, while they may not like it, it's part of the game now. However, as we all know, the world is not perfect.

But according to Kevin, since it's not part of there entire heritage, and the fact that it's not an official color, it's BFBS.

No, I argued that Colorado gets a grandfather exception of sorts. They have a long history and theirs wasn't motivated by the same stupid reasons that Oregon and ASU used.

No, I argued that Colorado gets a grandfather exception of sorts. They have a long history and theirs wasn't motivated by the same stupid reasons that Oregon and ASU used.

The students actaully choose the color. You know why? Because they thought black was cool ;)

In actual uniform realted news, here's Bowling Green's new helmet (from MG's helmets):

bowling-green.gif

Archived