2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Nike has their "elite" programs. Oregon, Boise State, TCU, Florida, etc...

If you're one of the many Nike programs not on the VIP list then you may want to switch over to another manufacturer that'll actually give you the time of day.

I hate to be a homer, but I know Nike makes the Akron Zips basketball team custom gear every year. This includes 3-4 different sneaker designs every YEAR, with the addition of almost a million dollars worth of benefits, with a lot of that just straight $$$ to spend on whatever they want. Unless you want to say Akron is an elite school, you'd be wrong.

Talk to me when the Zips football team gets their own pro combat uniforms.

Ok will do...have fun in canada :flagcanada:

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike has their "elite" programs. Oregon, Boise State, TCU, Florida, etc...

If you're one of the many Nike programs not on the VIP list then you may want to switch over to another manufacturer that'll actually give you the time of day.

I hate to be a homer, but I know Nike makes the Akron Zips basketball team custom gear every year. This includes 3-4 different sneaker designs every YEAR, with the addition of almost a million dollars worth of benefits, with a lot of that just straight $$$ to spend on whatever they want. Unless you want to say Akron is an elite school, you'd be wrong.

Talk to me when the Zips football team gets their own pro combat uniforms.

Itll be awhile, Akron football is adidas. They have mixed agreements, but Lebron is basketball mainly cause he's from Akron.

A correct jersey is one that restricts anything that is not a school color to trim or small details. White jerseys are a different case, of course, since the majority of the jersey is not school-colored.

For example, the silver wings on Oregon's green jerseys are acceptable because they are a small detail compared to the rest of the jersey. Oregon's black jerseys are unacceptable because the majority of the jersey is not school-colored.

I'll forward this to Nike, I wonder if they know they are doing it wrong

As far as some of these schools making a black jersey to make more money, some of these schools we've been bringing up already have. The only difference is that they aren't on-field jerseys, but fashion jerseys.

I've seen black USC jerseys. I've seen black Texas jerseys. And even before the latest redesign, ASU sold black versions of their old jerseys. None of these teams ever wore them, and they were just black versions of their normal jerseys, but for those that wanted a black jersey to buy, I think it satisfied that quotient. (I really never saw that many of them any way. I saw some, but not anything numerous.)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I used to work at a printing company and we did print on black, but that's not the argument.

You can say brown and navy don't look good with black, well how does yellow look with white? pretty terrible...just as any dark color would look bad with black, bright colors look bad with white.

Someone tried to make the yellow/white connection before, and it failed. White and yellow don't look bad together at all. Yellow can get lost against white if it's a thin outline, but that's just because it's light. Yellow and white don't clash when the yellow is in a large enough amount to be distinctive against the white. For example, a yellow jersey with white pants, as the Rams wore in 94 and the Eagles wore a few years ago, didn't look terrible (the Eagles' jersey was bad, but for other reasons). When you look at this picture, you can't claim that the white pants clash with the yellow jersey. However, wearing a black jersey with brown pants would look horrific.

rams-sfbettis.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I used to work at a printing company and we did print on black, but that's not the argument.

You can say brown and navy don't look good with black, well how does yellow look with white? pretty terrible...just as any dark color would look bad with black, bright colors look bad with white.

Someone tried to make the yellow/white connection before, and it failed. White and yellow don't look bad together at all. Yellow can get lost against white if it's a thin outline, but that's just because it's light. Yellow and white don't clash when the yellow is in a large enough amount to be distinctive against the white. For example, a yellow jersey with white pants, as the Rams wore in 94 and the Eagles wore a few years ago, didn't look terrible (the Eagles' jersey was bad, but for other reasons). When you look at this picture, you can't claim that the white pants clash with the yellow jersey. However, wearing a black jersey with brown pants would look horrific.

rams-sfbettis.jpg

That uniform is horrible.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Colorado changes the gold of their helmets.

Colorado Buffaloes

Yeah, that was mentioned a while back and it's a welcome change. Colorado's uniforms have gotten a huge improvement with the full-time return of the throwbacks and making the shades of gold match is even better.

Colorado and Virginia Tech both made the right decision to use their throwbacks full-time.

I'm surprised all B1G teams aren't wearing team colored versions of the new conference logo like the PAC10 did last year, especially with the addition of Nebraska.

If NCAA12 is to be believed, only Illinois and Indiana will be wearing the logo on their jerseys. Oh, and because the B is jersey color, it looks even more terrible than on other applications.

Illinois had Media Day today and there was no B1G patch on the jerseys.

Colorado changes the gold of their helmets.

Colorado Buffaloes

Yeah, that was mentioned a while back and it's a welcome change. Colorado's uniforms have gotten a huge improvement with the full-time return of the throwbacks and making the shades of gold match is even better.

Colorado and Virginia Tech both made the right decision to use their throwbacks full-time.

Too bad Colorado is BFBS...that just automatically makes their uniform horrible

Colorado doesn't count as BFBS considering their long history of using black uniforms. They're a special case, as their use of black uniforms wasn't motivated by the ZOMG BLACK IS SO KOOL trend that currently infects college football.

Colorado doesn't count as BFBS considering their long history of using black uniforms. They're a special case, as their use of black uniforms wasn't motivated by the ZOMG BLACK IS SO KOOL trend that currently infects college football.

How long does Oregon get until black just becomes part of their history and is okay? It's been about a decade and most of their football program's success has come with black being part of their identity.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

How long does Oregon get until black just becomes part of their history and is okay? It's been about a decade and most of their football program's success has come with black being part of their identity.

Never. It's Oregon. Kevin hates Oregon. Therefore, never.

It's not all about the length of time. Colorado's change to black wasn't done because the black looked cool, whereas Oregon did it without a good reason. Oregon could wear black jerseys for 100 years and it would still be wrong.

Oregon started wearing in black in 1999. I think coming on 12 years of wearing black doesn't make it BFBS. Or does it. How long does a team have to wear black before it's not BFBS?

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If a team's initial reasoning for adding black is BFBS, it will never stop being BFBS.

I think it more of a rebranding if anything. Oregon's look was outdated, so they tried something new. They started this trend, so I don't think you can really count Oregon as BFBS.

Archived