2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If, in USC's case, the fans are the reason why black uniforms are being considered, then the opinions of the fans need to be disregarded. The word of the fan is not sacrosanct.

The players just convinced Kiffin to let them wear black socks this season. First time team rules have permitted anything other than white socks. Slippery slope ahead.

that's not the 1st time I've heard this but they've worn black socks before and it was never a big deal so I don't see why it would be this time around

51487993_display_image.jpg?1300832755

Take a close look at the picture you posted. That guy looks ridiculous with the SC logo tattooed on his arm.

If, in USC's case, the fans are the reason why black uniforms are being considered, then the opinions of the fans need to be disregarded. The word of the fan is not sacrosanct.

The players just convinced Kiffin to let them wear black socks this season. First time team rules have permitted anything other than white socks. Slippery slope ahead.

that's not the 1st time I've heard this but they've worn black socks before and it was never a big deal so I don't see why it would be this time around

Take a close look at the picture you posted. Those are black ankle braces. In the past guys have used those or black spat. Anyone wearing black socks (there have been a couple) was breaking team rules.

I went back to the interwebs and couldn't find any good examples of individuals wearing black socks but did see examples of the ankle spats and black tape creating a black sock effect...this was pretty common in the early '00's for sc players...I don't think it was as much of a matter of breaking team rules as opposed to having no firm sock rules in place...I'm assuming that carroll left uniform enforcement to the equipment managers which can tend to be sympathetic to players and their fashion desires like ordering black tape or black socks as special requests.

Take a close look at the picture you posted. Those are black ankle braces. In the past guys have used those or black spat. Anyone wearing black socks (there have been a couple) was breaking team rules.

I went back to the interwebs and couldn't find any good examples of individuals wearing black socks but did see examples of the ankle spats and black tape creating a black sock effect...this was pretty common in the early '00's for sc players...I don't think it was as much of a matter of breaking team rules as opposed to having no firm sock rules in place...I'm assuming that carroll left uniform enforcement to the equipment managers which can tend to be sympathetic to players and their fashion desires like ordering black tape or black socks as special requests.

It was breaking a team rule (same as when Reggie Bush wore black laces instead of white). I would't have said so if it wasn't.

Take a close look at the picture you posted. That guy looks ridiculous with the SC logo tattooed on his arm.

That's Nike's evolution of the Pro Combat look. Since players don't wear sleeves any more, they're moving to tattooing any stripes or logos that would have been on a sleeve directly onto the player's skin.

Nike is currently working with NFL Equipment to produce team-branded tattoo removal machines to address the issue of free agency once they assume the NFL's uniform contract in 2012.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It was breaking a team rule (same as when Reggie Bush wore black laces instead of white). I would't have said so if it wasn't.

my bad...I didn't know you worked in the athletic department.

my bad...I didn't know you worked in the athletic department.

I didn't realize you had to work in the athletic department to know something about a program.

Not that anything is going to convince you of something you clearly don't want to be convinced of, but here is an article that mentions it was against team rules: http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_18628584

I've been away for a few days, and didn't get a chance to check the site. I just now spent a few minutes reading the last few day's worth of posts for this thread.

I know feel both sad and somewhat stupider.

Thanks, Kevin and Spleen.

I'm going to flat out apologize for ruining this thread. There were already dozens of pages about this argument before, and there didn't need to be anymore. I'm sorry for turning this thread into something it shouldn't have been.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I've been away for a few days, and didn't get a chance to check the site. I just now spent a few minutes reading the last few day's worth of posts for this thread.

I know feel both sad and somewhat stupider.

Thanks, Kevin and Spleen.

I'm going to flat out apologize for ruining this thread. There were already dozens of pages about this argument before, and there didn't need to be anymore. I'm sorry for turning this thread into something it shouldn't have been.

Yeah, mea culpa. It was beyond incredibly stupid on my part.

Didn't the Bulls originate the black alternates during Jordan's first full season back.

And the acronym you guys are using...what does it stand for again?

Black alts and BFBS are not the same thing. The Bulls color-scheme is red, black and white. The BFBS is referring to the introduction of black into the color palette where is hasn't been before.

gYH2mW9.png

Didn't the Bulls originate the black alternates during Jordan's first full season back.

Black alts and BFBS are not the same thing. The Bulls color-scheme is red, black and white. The BFBS is referring to the introduction of black into the color palette where is hasn't been before.

And it includes adding it as an official color when it muddies up an existing color scheme, such as was done by the Mets, Royals, Knicks and Arizona State.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

And it includes adding it as an official color when it muddies up an existing color scheme, such as was done by the Mets, Royals, Knicks and Arizona State.

Well sense nobody actually said what it is I guess its up to me. haha. BFBS stands for "Black for Black's Sake". So pretty much haveing black in your set just because you want to. It originated over on Uni-watch about a year and a half ago (ish) when Washington added the black jersey. It was either that or the Duke basketball. Idk, they moan and complain about it so much over there ( and now here) haha. Hope this was a little help to yah Derek

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

And then they'd look like Nevada.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

And then they'd look like Nevada.

puppet_facepalm.gif

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived