2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You clearly don't know how big of a company Adidas is. You do know that Adidas and Nike are the two biggest sports apparel manufacturers in the world, right?

Of course. I'm talking in terms of college football. Adidas is going to rule soccer and cricket. I think most of the big schools are going to want to capitalize on the Pro combat craze, and I bet some will do that.

In 2010, a school went from Nike to adidas. So there's that.

Which school?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

You clearly don't know how big of a company Adidas is. You do know that Adidas and Nike are the two biggest sports apparel manufacturers in the world, right?

Of course. I'm talking in terms of college football. Adidas is going to rule soccer and cricket. I think most of the big schools are going to want to capitalize on the Pro combat craze, and I bet some will do that.

Or some schools will see what Adidas does with the TechFit jerseys by keeping them traditional and not going ZOMG BLACK IZ SOOOO KEWL while still offering good jerseys, and they'll go with that.

Which school?

Arkansas.

Which school?

Arkansas.

No, Arkansas went from Adidas to Nike. FAU went back to Adidas.

Which school?

Arkansas.

No, Arkansas went from Adidas to Nike. FAU went back to Adidas.

Oh, whoops. I misread the post.

Nike has their "elite" programs. Oregon, Boise State, TCU, Florida, etc...

If you're one of the many Nike programs not on the VIP list then you may want to switch over to another manufacturer that'll actually give you the time of day.

Or some schools will see what Adidas does with the TechFit jerseys by keeping them traditional and not going ZOMG BLACK IZ SOOOO KEWL while still offering good jerseys, and they'll go with that.

992045.jpg

Black is not limited to Nike.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If you're one of the many Nike programs not on the VIP list then you may want to switch over to another manufacturer that'll actually give you the time of day.

I 100% agree with that statement. However, when Adidas sees that all of the big programs are going to Nike, do you think they're going to stick with making college football uniforms, when they could make much more overtaking the soccer world?

992045.jpg

Most of the time it is. Here's the list of those BFBS schools I listed a while back. Notice a pattern?

Oregon, ASU, Washington, Stanford, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia Tech, SMU, Mississippi State, FIU, MTSU.

Oh, that's right, most of them are Nike schools! You can also include Florida State, which is a Nike school, though I respectfully disagree with people who say that FSU's Unconquered uniforms were BFBS. Either way, it's more than 60%.

I hate to be a homer, but I know Nike makes the Akron Zips basketball team custom gear every year. This includes 3-4 different sneaker designs every YEAR, with the addition of almost a million dollars worth of benefits, with a lot of that just straight $$$ to spend on whatever they want. Unless you want to say Akron is an elite school, you'd be wrong.

I may not like what Nike does overall but I'm happy with what they've done for us. Our Pro Combat uniforms were a huge improvement over our old look, and don't even get me started on our new basketball uniforms. B)

Now, if anything comes out of our AD's visit to the Nike facilities and we get some university-wide athletic rebranding that includes black uniforms, then I'm swearing off Nike for (semi) good, since Nike will always be the better soccer kit manufacturer.

992045.jpg

Most of the time it is. Here's the list of those BFBS schools I listed a while back. Notice a pattern?

Oregon, ASU, Washington, Stanford, Tennessee, Georgia, Virginia Tech, SMU, Mississippi State, FIU, MTSU.

Oh, that's right, most of them are Nike schools! You can also include Florida State, which is a Nike school, though I respectfully disagree with people who say that FSU's Unconquered uniforms were BFBS. Either way, it's more than 60%.

Actually, I did some math and found something interesting. There are currently 70 Nike schools in FBS. According to your list, 7 6 (Georgia is not BFBS) of them are BFBS offenders. 7 6 of 70 is 10 8.6%. There are 20 adidas schools. According to your list, 4 of them are BFBS offenders. 4 of 20 is 20%. According to you, BFBFS is more prevalent in Adidas schools than Nike schools.

Way to completely ignore the point I was making.

Which was...

BFBS is obviously not an exclusively Nike thing. Regardless of whether it's Nike, UnderArmour, or Adidas' fault, BFBS tends to be awful.

The worst offenders in my mind are Mississippi State. They used that stupid tentacle template from Adidas along with unreadable maroon numbers. In fact, if teams are going to go black, I wish they'd at least use white or gold or silver numbers. No more green, purple, or maroon numbers that are impossible to read. I don't care for Arizona State's black, but at least the numbers are visible.

New-North-Texas-Uniforms.jpg

BSU 2.0, they are trying to blend in with the field!!!

So UNT switched over to NIke? It has begun...

Pretty meh if you ask me. I like the pants and jersey but something just bugs me about the helmet. It seems like it almost plastic. That could jsut be because it's brand new and glistening in he sun. The shade of green should be slightly darker as well.

New-North-Texas-Uniforms.jpg

BSU 2.0, they are trying to blend in with the field!!!

So UNT switched over to NIke? It has begun...

Pretty meh if you ask me. I like the pants and jersey but something just bugs me about the helmet. It seems like it almost plastic. That could jsut be because it's brand new and glistening in he sun. The shade of green should be slightly darker as well.

North Texas was a big coup for Nike :rolleyes:

I actually preferred UNT with the black trim they had. Also, that green looks way lighter than the green they've previously used. It could just seem that way due to their not being any black like in their previous sets, and the facemask is white instead of black like their last green helmet.

Archived