2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not feeling the Purdue update. Doesn't look better than the old ones, didn't need white pants, numbers too small and the overall set is too generic. I do like that pants stripe though with that helmet stripe.

What's funny about the Purdue pics is that they're modeling the new uniforms in front of a pictures of Purdue in the gorgeous uniforms they're ditching.

change for change's sake...they could've just updated last year's look which was perfect for purdue with the combat template but apparently that wasn't good enough.

Eventhough it's something we've known all along, ASU finally made it official that their opening game on September 9th against Missouri will be a blackout game. They also included a reasoning for the black uniforms I hadn't heard yet. "In a nod to the ASU football teams of the past, which wore black helmets, the Sun Devils reincorporated black into the uniform color scheme in conjunction with Nike." Now I knew that ASU had worn black helmets in the past, but I hadn't heard that was an actual reason for the black unis.

And they've released an official shirt for it:

6788317.jpeg

Now I know you all hate BFBS, and yeah it's getting a little ridiculous in sports. But I'll tell you, this is doing its job. It's getting people hyped about the game, about the team, and about the unis. I know I normally hate BFBS, but I still think this thing is awesome. I'm stoked. I can't wait to pick up my shirt, and I can't wait for this game.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Fear the fork?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

When did ASU wear black helmets? The Helmet Project's got them wearing mustard as far back as the 60s.

The helmet project only goes back to the 60s. They probably wore them in the 50s or 40s. Penn State wore black helmets at one point too, but the helmet projects period doesn't cover that.

i think this further proves the theory that BFBS does in fact rile up the fan-base and bring in money for the university. The students love it, and the university benefits from it.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

When did ASU wear black helmets? The Helmet Project's got them wearing mustard as far back as the 60s.

The helmet project only goes back to the 60s. They probably wore them in the 50s or 40s. Penn State wore black helmets at one point too, but the helmet projects period doesn't cover that.

i think this further proves the theory that BFBS does in fact rile up the fan-base and bring in money for the university. The students love it, and the university benefits from it.

So what? That doesn't make it right. You're just part of the OMG I LUV BLACK BECUZ ITZ KOOL! crowd.

So what? That doesn't make it right. You're just part of the OMG I LUV BLACK BECUZ ITZ KOOL! crowd.

Right? This is a uniform board, not an ethics class. And I think black can look horrible at times (MTSU for example). But i also think that it can really rev up the crowd and lead to better ticket sales. And, if done right, it does look cool (Oregon, ASU, Georgia without the black helmet).

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Fear the fork?

Yeah, Fear the Fork, as in Pitchfork. It's ASU Athletics' motto thing. It's not part of a fight song or alma mater or whatever, just a slogan. Kind of like USC's "Fight On," UofA's "Bear Down," Oregon's "Win The Day," etc. Now some schools slogan is obviously taken out of a fight song or whatever, but ASU's isn't. Fear the Fork has been around for a while.

1951-54.

Here's a page about those seasons:1951-54, ASU Helmet Index at Helmet Hut

AZXASU5154.JPGAZXASU5154%20(4).jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Fear the fork?

Yeah it's ASU Athletics' motto thing. It's not part of a fight song or alma mater or whatever, just a slogan. Kind of like USC's "Fight On," UofA's "Bear Down," etc. Now some schools slogan is obviously taken out of a fight song or whatever, but ASU's isn't. Fear the Fork has been around for a while.

1951-54.

AZXASU5154.JPGAZXASU5154%20(4).jpg

That helmet looks more green than black. Weren't their original colors green and pink? Or am thinking of UA?

ULL is going to unveil new uniforms on August 10th. There is a very strong possibility that they will be using either white or black helmets. I think the pictures of those helmets have already been posted.

Fear the fork?

Yeah it's ASU Athletics' motto thing. It's not part of a fight song or alma mater or whatever, just a slogan. Kind of like USC's "Fight On," UofA's "Bear Down," etc. Now some schools slogan is obviously taken out of a fight song or whatever, but ASU's isn't. Fear the Fork has been around for a while.

1951-54.

AZXASU5154.JPGAZXASU5154%20%284%29.jpg

That helmet looks more green than black. Weren't their original colors green and pink? Or am thinking of UA?

The U. of Arizona was Sage Green and Silver in the 1800s...you might be thinking of the U. of North Dakota.

EDIT: Oops. Just saw Kevin W.'s post. Sorry.

Archived