2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're probably just prototypes. If ASU wanted them to see the field, they would have unveiled them. Remember that Oregon unveiled the carbon helmet with all the new uniform stuff but didn't use it in 2009.

That had to do with production problems on the hydrographics.

The uniform itself isn't bad, it's just out of place with that helmet and those pants. With the previously shown helmet and maybe solid white pants, it wouldn't be bad. Their regualr blue uniform is better, but the black isn't awful by any means

Yes, it is. It's horrendous. The school's primary color (blue) is not featured anywhere on the jersey. That is an immediate failure no matter what other steps are taken. Making a black jersey when it isn't in the color scheme makes the jersey horrible regardless of anything else. And wearing solid white pants would be ridiculous considering the heavy striping on the sleeves. Judging by the helmet and how teams have clownisly gone mono in the past, I imagine they will be paired with solid black pants, which will make the look infinitely worse.

That's just being ignorant. Some teams have pulled off the black look quite well. Others, such as SMU, failed miserably. It wouldn't look like SMU, but Black, Blue, Blue would be interesting.

No, it isn't being ignorant, and that shows that you don't know what the word ignorant means. Every single team which added a black uniforms when it wasn't in their color scheme has looked horrible. The reason is, you have to eliminate the actual team colors from them. Take SMU - there is no blue anywhere, which is the school's primary color. How would you add blue? Blue numbers with a red outline or red and white outlines? That would look horrendous. The numbers on black jerseys need to be white or a lighter color (yellow, orange). Unless you go with a garish double or triple outline, some of your colors are dissapearing completely. That is a fail you can't recover from. Virginia Tech's pro combat look didn't look anything like Virginia Tech because the was no maroon (or whatever it's called) on the uniforms. They are black and orange. Black and orange isn't VT's color scheme. ASU's uniforms? Black and yellow. That isn't ASU's color scheme.

The only case where it could work in theory is when the school's only colors are white and ____. However, in those cases, the school is so symbolized by that one color that it makes it even worse. Tennessee isn't wearing Volunteer orange? The Stanford Cardinal isn't wearing cardinal color? Really? Mississippi State committed the double fault of adding black when their jerseys are so freaking dark they nearly look black as it is, along with dark colored numbers, making them completely illegible. There just is not a good way a black jersey can be pulled off it is isn't in the color scheme, and no, shoehorning it isn't ASU's scheme doesn't count.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Here are Utah's new Uniforms.

IMG_6113.jpg

Here are the their pervious jerseys

shaky-smithson-p1.jpg

A definite improvement.

Agreed. I don't know why, but whenever a football uniform uses a wide, rounded font, it always looks either tacky or wimpy. Utah's old uniforms and Rutgers are guilty of this, in my opinion.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

This is the rumored Oregon look for LSU.

Looks like they duped my first link.

http://twitpic.com/5z3ozh

2797dfe4b3bf419abc27ebf3e7e82537_7.jpg

Just looks like the home version of their MNCG uniform (which we already knew they had). Doubt that is what they wear vs. LSU.

Try the first link. Its a all Carbon Uniform, I tried posting it as a picture and twitpic started blocking the repost. As far as the Green Uniform that was posted by Oregon fans on twitter.

a60b9a98.jpg

fa4229fe.jpg

Is it just me or are the jerseys in the 2 pics NOT the same? The location of the swoosh on the jerseys is slightly different. There is no "Oregon" wordmark that I can see on the top pic. And the numbers on the top picture don't have the bright outline like the jersey in the bottom. Lastly, the number font looks to be different in the two pictures.

gYH2mW9.png

a60b9a98.jpg

fa4229fe.jpg

Is it just me or are the jerseys in the 2 pics NOT the same? The location of the swoosh on the jerseys is slightly different. There is no "Oregon" wordmark that I can see on the top pic. And the numbers on the top picture don't have the bright outline like the jersey in the bottom. Lastly, the number font looks to be different in the two pictures.

The top one was photoshoped.

a60b9a98.jpg

fa4229fe.jpg

needs more volt

a60b9a98.jpg

fa4229fe.jpg

needs more volt

Speaking of Oregon and Volt, I finally found a website that sells Nike Volt socks and mine will be delivered on Wednesday! It's actually a lacrosse website.

http://www.lacrosseunlimited.com//index.cfm/p/3/c/184/pid/2375

Those uniforms with the helmet and all carbon is a Photoshop fromthe Nike football site with a picture showing the Nike alpha talon cleat... It's on the bottom rift corner if u go there. And the other picture could still be the carbon jersey, its not the best picture

Maryland's uniforms this year are going to be "much, much different," according to Randy Edsall. Changes will include the removal of player names from the jerseys.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-08-02/sports/bs-sp-terps-edsall-0802-20110801_1_randy-edsall-adrian-cannon-ronnie-tyler

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived