2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

They're probably just prototypes. If ASU wanted them to see the field, they would have unveiled them. Remember that Oregon unveiled the carbon helmet with all the new uniform stuff but didn't use it in 2009.

You know what? I'm not so sure that we won't see them.

I came on to post because ASU QB Brock Osweiler was just on Fox Sports Radio and a question was asked of him about the unis. He mentioned that they had 4 helmets and an all white uniform. And now I see those helmets, and who knows?

They didn't unveil those two helmets or white pants, but with that picture (which is clearly in an ASU athletic office for those who have been in them) and Osweiler's comments (I mean he's obviously had to have seen them or talked to the equipment guy to know about things that we didn't see), these very well could be real.

I kinda dig the white helmet, not sure how I'd feel about a stormtrooper look to go with it though. And that maroon helmet definitely has some promise. Very interesting.

obviously you didn't get the memo that the ncaa is requiring all schools to adopt a white helmet and add a this year if they have not already done so

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the new mix and match uniform trend in college football. Just because you have a color palette of three or four colors doesn't mean you need helmets in every one of those colors, plus black. <_<

I think it's fun. It's college, have some fun with your uniforms. And if you're noticing, the schools that have had very consistent uniforms throughout the years have not hopped on to this trend. Who ares if some of the uniforms look horrible, the kids love it and students love cheering for it.

One of the purposes of uniforms is to establish a visual identity for a program. By utilizing three to four different helmets, jerseys, and pants, you dilute any tradition or brand recognition, which is a major aspect of college football. I don't mind mix and match for certain schools, like Oregon where it has become their identity, but when so many schools are hopping on the bandwagon, it loses its fun and just becomes gimmicky and degrading to the program's visual brand.

I hate the new mix and match uniform trend in college football. Just because you have a color palette of three or four colors doesn't mean you need helmets in every one of those colors, plus black. <_<

I think it's fun. It's college, have some fun with your uniforms. And if you're noticing, the schools that have had very consistent uniforms throughout the years have not hopped on to this trend. Who ares if some of the uniforms look horrible, the kids love it and students love cheering for it.

Because the individual is not above the university and therefore the tradition and history is not to be taken lightly. While some schools thrive on the mix and match to the point it becomes their brand, many, if not more schools, choose to portray their tradition year after year, without making changes. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Penn State, etc realize that there is so much VALUE in a school's history. To simply say "screw it, let's just get these kids what they want" is a slap in the face of tradition. Not to mention a lot of the new age stuff DOES look like crap. The student is not above the university. These schools have been around for hundreds of years and will continue to thrive, with or without student X who wants "sweet, piped out" uniforms.

I think I should make something clear. I like it when schools add options and actually create a new/creative design. When schools just re-color their uniforms, is where i think that's just being lazy and just trying to fit in. If florida just randomly came out with a black uniform, I would think it would look horrid. But if they actually put some effort into it and successfully integrated it as part of their uniform, or a uniform with an entirely new design, I would be all down for it. I like creative ideas. I hate random piping though.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think it's fun. It's college, have some fun with your uniforms. And if you're noticing, the schools that have had very consistent uniforms throughout the years have not hopped on to this trend. Who ares if some of the uniforms look horrible, the kids love it and students love cheering for it MORE BEER PLEASE.

Fixed. I don't think your average "Beer and Circuses" undergrad cares one whit about what the team is wearing or what is going on on the field.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't have a problem with mix and match uniforms. What I have a problem with is lack of design and just adding things. Oklahoma State's "smoke" look is horrible, and yet if they decided to go with silver, it'd look really sharp for pants and a helmet for let say the Bedlam Game. The grey on Washington State looks horrible, and the grey on grey looks even worse. They've been a silver team for so long, that adding a flat grey makes them look as drab as the football program is. Throw in the fact that these manufacturers have to add piping color to every seam and splotches of colors ever where from under the arm, to randomly on the should to randomly on the leg and it's just horrible and ugly. Of course to throw on the fact that manufacturers can figure out how to add seems, venting, piping, different fabrics, make the jerseys tighter, do random patterns, but none of them have been able to figure out how to do a simple UCLA stripe? Horrible. Mix and match all you want, but please look good doing it.

I think it's fun. It's college, have some fun with your uniforms. And if you're noticing, the schools that have had very consistent uniforms throughout the years have not hopped on to this trend. Who ares if some of the uniforms look horrible, the kids love it and students love cheering for it MORE BEER PLEASE.

Fixed. I don't think your average "Beer and Circuses" undergrad cares one whit about what the team is wearing or what is going on on the field.

An IU guy throwing in a title of a Sperber book. Nice.

An IU guy throwing in a title of a Sperber book. Nice.

I've always wondered what he thinks of the current Athletic Director.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This represents all that is wrong with the younger generations. You just don't get it.

Yes, God forbid someone might (gasp) like mix-and-match uniforms! Clearly the younger generation is doomed! :rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't have a problem with mix and match uniforms. What I have a problem with is lack of design and just adding things. Oklahoma State's "smoke" look is horrible, and yet if they decided to go with silver, it'd look really sharp for pants and a helmet for let say the Bedlam Game. The grey on Washington State looks horrible, and the grey on grey looks even worse. They've been a silver team for so long, that adding a flat grey makes them look as drab as the football program is. Throw in the fact that these manufacturers have to add piping color to every seam and splotches of colors ever where from under the arm, to randomly on the should to randomly on the leg and it's just horrible and ugly. Of course to throw on the fact that manufacturers can figure out how to add seems, venting, piping, different fabrics, make the jerseys tighter, do random patterns, but none of them have been able to figure out how to do a simple UCLA stripe? Horrible. Mix and match all you want, but please look good doing it.

May I put this as my signature? That is basically what I believe. I just believe that the smoke looks good because it's different from all the other schools. But yes, you just summoned up what I think.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

May I put this as my signature? That is basically what I believe. I just believe that the smoke looks good because it's different from all the other schools. But yes, you just summoned up what I think.

Go ahead. You may get some people to comment about you quoting me, but go for it. *lol*

Here are Utah's new Uniforms.

IMG_6113.jpg

Here are the their pervious jerseys

shaky-smithson-p1.jpg

Pretty decent upgrade. I thought the number font they had was really good, but they decided to go with normal block font.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

IMG_6113.jpg

shaky-smithson-p1.jpg

I had heard that Utah was supposed to move away from Ute imagery as a condition to accede to the Pac12, but perhaps I'm mistaken. Anyway, I'm neutral on the new uniforms--they're different, but they still have the same overall look and feel as the previous ones.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

It's an upgrade, but not by much. I hate UA and they blobs and pipes.

IMG_6113.jpg

shaky-smithson-p1.jpg

Isn't that the same jersey template as USF has now? I'd think they'd go with something more original.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-891148777-1284645259.jpg

A lot of people thought this was real when Auburn played Clemson last year because they were doing "true blue" and everyone in the stadium was supposed to wear blue, so people thought that was real. Obviously it's not.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

IMG_6113.jpg

shaky-smithson-p1.jpg

Isn't that the same jersey template as USF has now? I'd think they'd go with something more original.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-891148777-1284645259.jpg

A lot of people thought this was real when Auburn played Clemson last year because they were doing "true blue" and everyone in the stadium was supposed to wear blue, so people thought that was real. Obviously it's not.

What's original? I mean you're asking them to reinvent the wheel. If you want original, you're going to hate it. I know I will, because it will have random splotches of color with piping on it and maybe even a sublimated pattern of Kevin W.'s face on it! :P

Archived