2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Anyone in need of an emetic?

361289789.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1312169024&Signature=D5qk6z7ANKcnYusC3LPfZW%2FjUTo%3D

If that's a photoshop, it looks like a very good one.

Although I don't think it's horrible, there is in fact such thing as a carbon overload.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, SMU's BFBS unis look awful.

The uniform itself isn't bad, it's just out of place with that helmet and those pants. With the previously shown helmet and maybe solid white pants, it wouldn't be bad. Their regualr blue uniform is better, but the black isn't awful by any means

The uniform itself isn't bad, it's just out of place with that helmet and those pants. With the previously shown helmet and maybe solid white pants, it wouldn't be bad. Their regualr blue uniform is better, but the black isn't awful by any means

Yes, it is. It's horrendous. The school's primary color (blue) is not featured anywhere on the jersey. That is an immediate failure no matter what other steps are taken. Making a black jersey when it isn't in the color scheme makes the jersey horrible regardless of anything else. And wearing solid white pants would be ridiculous considering the heavy striping on the sleeves. Judging by the helmet and how teams have clownisly gone mono in the past, I imagine they will be paired with solid black pants, which will make the look infinitely worse.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, it is. It's horrendous. The school's primary color (blue) is not featured anywhere on the jersey. That is an immediate failure no matter what other steps are taken. Making a black jersey when it isn't in the color scheme makes the jersey horrible regardless of anything else. And wearing solid white pants would be ridiculous considering the heavy striping on the sleeves. Judging by the helmet and how teams have clownisly gone mono in the past, I imagine they will be paired with solid black pants, which will make the look infinitely worse.

That's just being ignorant. Some teams have pulled off the black look quite well. Others, such as SMU, failed miserably. It wouldn't look like SMU, but Black, Blue, Blue would be interesting.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

That's just being ignorant. Some teams have pulled off the black look quite well. Others, such as SMU, failed miserably. It wouldn't look like SMU, but Black, Blue, Blue would be interesting horrific.

There ya go.

That's just being ignorant. Some teams have pulled off the black look quite well. Others, such as SMU, failed miserably. It wouldn't look like SMU, but Black, Blue, Blue would be interesting.

Didn't Middle Tennessee State do something like this already and didn't it suck horribly?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Some teams have pulled off the black look quite well.

FSU and Oklahoma State aside since theirs don't really count as BFBS...

Oregon - No.

ASU - No.

Washington - No.

Stanford - No.

Tennessee - No.

Georgia - No.

Virginia Tech - No.

SMU - No.

Mississippi State - No.

FIU - No.

MTSU - No.

Did I miss any? None of them looked good, and even though Oklahoma State's isn't BFBS it doesn't look good either.

Middle Tennessee did silver-black-black with blue numbers trimmed in white. It was bad though. SMU is just in a spot where they don't even need to think about black. With a color scheme of red-blue-white, any type of color combination can work without any black.

Some teams are dependent on black as an accent, and eventually can get away with black garments (ex: Rutgers). That's where I draw the line.

Oregon - Yes.

ASU - Yes.

Washington - No.

Stanford - Yes.

Tennessee - No.

Georgia - Yes.

Virginia Tech - As a Pro Combat, Yes.

SMU - No.

Mississippi State - No.

FIU - No.

MTSU - No.

Did I miss any? None of them looked good, and even though Oklahoma State's isn't BFBS it doesn't look good either.

Oregon - Yes.

ASU - Yes.

Washington - No.

Stanford - No.

Tennessee - No.

Georgia - Yes.

Virginia Tech - Kinda.

SMU - No.

Mississippi State - Yes.

FIU - No.

MTSU - No.

FYP. Black doesn't always equal bad. It's not that simple.

Didn't Middle Tennessee State do something like this already and didn't it suck horribly?

MTSU has never worn a black helmet. I'm just thinking of ways they could make this helmet work. I don't think it works for SMU.

I'm not even going to dignify either of you with a response beyond these two sentences. You're wrong and I don't understand how you continually fail to comprehend the basic facets of what makes a good uniform.

Oregon - No.

ASU - No.

Washington - No.

Stanford - No.

Tennessee - No.

Georgia - No.

Virginia Tech - No.

SMU - No.

Mississippi State - No.

FIU - No.

MTSU - No.

Georgia? Black is one of their team colors, and the black jerseys they wore against Auburn, Hawaii, and Alabama looked great. Sure, the black helmet might not have been great (only because of the red facemask) but their black jerseys and pants looked very sharp.

The rest I can see your point but not Georgia.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I'm not even going to dignify either of you with a response beyond these two sentences. You're wrong and I don't understand how you continually fail to comprehend the basic facets of what makes a good uniform.

'sigh'. You were doing so well too. And no, I don't understand the basic facets behind a good uniform. Could you explain what those facets are?

Georgia? Black is one of their team colors, and the black jerseys they wore against Auburn, Hawaii, and Alabama looked great. Sure, the black helmet might not have been great (only because of the red facemask) but their black jerseys and pants looked very sharp.

The rest I can see your point but not Georgia.

Aw :censored:, you're right. Fine, group Georgia in with Oklahoma State. It may not be BFBS but it doesn't look good.

Is there another link to the "carbon overload" pic?

No, for some stupid reason I forgot to save it and put it on my Photobucket like I do with most everything else.

Archived