2011-2012 NCAA Football Uniform Thread

Lights Out

Washington State doesn't count, as gray is one of their school colors and gray helmets have been their standard helmets since the 1970s. Really, the only school guilty of GFGS is Oregon.

And they've only used it twice and it was used in their pants. GFGS does not exist yet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washington State doesn't count, as gray is one of their school colors and gray helmets have been their standard helmets since the 1970s.

Exactly. That's why I'm unclear as to which 3rd team has gone GFGS.

I actually LOVE the WASU helmet with the red logo. The gray-on-gray...not so much.

gYH2mW9.png

Washington State doesn't count, as gray is one of their school colors and gray helmets have been their standard helmets since the 1970s. Really, the only school guilty of GFGS is Oregon.

And they've only used it twice and it was used in their pants. GFGS does not exist yet.

Um, hello? Their helmet? It's gray for gray's sake. It's not one of their school colors. Unless there's a solid reasoning behind it (like Florida State's black uniforms honoring the Seminole tribe) then any use of a color not in the school's color palette is a color for that color's sake (differently-colored throwbacks, like Colorado State's, notwithstanding).

Um, hello? Their helmet? It's gray for gray's sake. It's not one of their school colors. Unless there's a solid reasoning behind it (like Florida State's black uniforms honoring the Seminole tribe) then any use of a color not in the school's color palette is a color for that color's sake (differently-colored throwbacks, like Colorado State's, notwithstanding).

Arizona: White for White's Sake.

Technically, Oregon's helmet was "carbon", which is why i didn't count it.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Arizona: White for White's Sake.

Technically, Oregon's helmet was "carbon", which is why i didn't count it.

There's no such thing as WFWS since everyone wears white, and Arizona has used white helmets as far back as the 1960s, so your point is invalid.

Washington State doesn't count, as gray is one of their school colors and gray helmets have been their standard helmets since the 1970s.

Exactly. That's why I'm unclear as to which 3rd team has gone GFGS.

I actually LOVE the WASU helmet with the red logo. The gray-on-gray...not so much.

I was thinking WSU because I thought silver was their color not grey, but apparently grey is also.

White_MaroonH4elmets.jpg

You guys might say no, but I say epically :censored: ing yes... the the red helmet. I don't like the white helmet as much because I think with the black helmet it's so unnecessary.

I don't see them using a white helmet since Arizona uses the white helmet as their primary helmet now. It's kind of like how Oregon lied about not using a black helmet because of Oregon State without the lying part.

White_MaroonH4elmets.jpg

You guys might say no, but I say epically :censored: ing yes... the the red helmet. I don't like the white helmet as much because I think with the black helmet it's so unnecessary.

prototypes or are they going to make it on the field?

They're probably just prototypes. If ASU wanted them to see the field, they would have unveiled them. Remember that Oregon unveiled the carbon helmet with all the new uniform stuff but didn't use it in 2009.

It does in college basketball.

I hate the new mix and match uniform trend in college football. Just because you have a color palette of three or four colors doesn't mean you need helmets in every one of those colors, plus black. <_<

I think it's fun. It's college, have some fun with your uniforms. And if you're noticing, the schools that have had very consistent uniforms throughout the years have not hopped on to this trend. Who ares if some of the uniforms look horrible, the kids love it and students love cheering for it.

I hate the new mix and match uniform trend in college football. Just because you have a color palette of three or four colors doesn't mean you need helmets in every one of those colors, plus black. <_<

I think it's fun. It's college, have some fun with your uniforms. And if you're noticing, the schools that have had very consistent uniforms throughout the years have not hopped on to this trend. Who ares if some of the uniforms look horrible, the kids love it and students love cheering for it.

This represents all that is wrong with the younger generations. You just don't get it.

I was thinking WSU because I thought silver was their color not grey, but apparently grey is also.

I think it's one of those situations where the schools colors include gray - not silver - but the gray eventually turned into silver on the field. I don't believe that silver is one of their official colors. So, going back to an actual gray helmet brings them back to the true color identity of the school

gYH2mW9.png

This represents all that is wrong with the younger generations. You just don't get it.

Yeah, your opinion is WRONG!

Because the individual is not above the university and therefore the tradition and history is not to be taken lightly. While some schools thrive on the mix and match to the point it becomes their brand, many, if not more schools, choose to portray their tradition year after year, without making changes. Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Penn State, etc realize that there is so much VALUE in a school's history. To simply say "screw it, let's just get these kids what they want" is a slap in the face of tradition. Not to mention a lot of the new age stuff DOES look like crap. The student is not above the university. These schools have been around for hundreds of years and will continue to thrive, with or without student X who wants "sweet, piped out" uniforms.

They're probably just prototypes. If ASU wanted them to see the field, they would have unveiled them. Remember that Oregon unveiled the carbon helmet with all the new uniform stuff but didn't use it in 2009.

You know what? I'm not so sure that we won't see them.

I came on to post because ASU QB Brock Osweiler was just on Fox Sports Radio and a question was asked of him about the unis. He mentioned that they had 4 helmets and an all white uniform. And now I see those helmets, and who knows?

They didn't unveil those two helmets or white pants, but with that picture (which is clearly in an ASU athletic office for those who have been in them) and Osweiler's comments (I mean he's obviously had to have seen them or talked to the equipment guy to know about things that we didn't see), these very well could be real.

I kinda dig the white helmet, not sure how I'd feel about a stormtrooper look to go with it though. And that maroon helmet definitely has some promise. Very interesting.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived